Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

Have we seen Woods play poorly? I think he had a pretty good rookie year.

Well, it’s a glass half full or glass half empty, based on the outlook. Hope he’s 100% for the 2024 season 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Well, it’s a glass half full or glass half empty, based on the outlook. Hope he’s 100% for the 2024 season 

Well from the last updates I read, sounds like his hamstring issues were body mechanic/structural issue that took a lot of time to figure out, so hopefully with the right treatment hopefully won't be a problem anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Is Woods becoming the ultimate tease now? It is like practice squad WRs that fans fall in love with, thinking about what the possibilities could be, but without the availability. :) 

Except we are not talking about a practice squad player or low draft pick. Injuries happen in this sport unfortunately. Way too early to deny what we saw from Woods in year one.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

My comment isn’t about whether or not the Colts would take Bowers if he’s there at 15.   

But to your comment that Bowers is the best TE of all time, that’s not the viewpoint of the multiple analysts at NFL.com or ESPN.com.   

Yes, he’s the best TE of his class.  He’ll probably be drafted between 6-10 and it’s doubtful he falls to 15 (but not impossible).   Id say they view Bowers as one of the best TE’s of the last 20-25 years,  but no one I’ve read has called him anything close to greatest of all-time. 

I wasn't explicitly mentioning your comment, or only what I've read on this forum. Way too many Colts fans are okay passing on him because of his position and getting a CB instead. I personally think that's silly. If he somehow ends at 15, that's a no brainer.  I'd personally trade up to get him or Nabers this year, but that's just my opinion that I doubt Ballard shares lol. Getting AR acquainted with a young weapon earlier on in his career is a good move imo, even if it takes additional capital.

Plenty have called him the GOAT College TE. If he's not the greatest, he's top 3 at worst.https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-why-brock-bowers-is-the-greatest-tight-end-in-college-football-history

I really do suggest watching all his career snaps. Besides the accolades/stats given in the above link, it's a pretty easy eye test to figure out he's special IMHO.

• Like 1

Brandon Fiske- DT transfer from Western Michigan to Florida State. Met with the Colts- performed huge at the combine, running a 4.78 40 at just under 300 lbs. met with the Colts- scored a 9.98 RAS (insert Ballard salivating meme). Originally projected 3rd round, now most likely 2nd with potential for sliding at the back end of 1st round. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Brandon Fiske- DT transfer from Western Michigan to Florida State. Met with the Colts- performed huge at the combine, running a 4.78 40 at just under 300 lbs. met with the Colts- scored a 9.98 RAS (insert Ballard salivating meme). Originally projected 3rd round, now most likely 2nd with potential for sliding at the back end of 1st round. 

I thought the same until I saw his measurements. 31" arms is very difficult to overcome at DL. I think it's enough to make Ballard pass. 

6 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Just listened to CB Terrion Arnold’s combine press interview.  OMG.  Check it out.  Talk about confidence and commanding a room.  I wouldn’t rule him out at 15 for sure.  Very impressive.

At your request. Didn’t see your post in the combine thread until now. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DattMavis said:

I thought the same until I saw his measurements. 31" arms is very difficult to overcome at DL. I think it's enough to make Ballard pass. 

You may be 100 percent right.   

But the new DL coach the Colts hired from Pitt coached a DT (Kalency?) that went in the first round in the 23 draft and he had a very good rookie year.  And he also had very short arms.   So it’s possible that the new DL coach may have some input on that decision.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Just listened to CB Terrion Arnold’s combine press interview.  OMG.  Check it out.  Talk about confidence and commanding a room.  I wouldn’t rule him out at 15 for sure.  Very impressive.

I think when it's said and done... Arnold probably goes top 10. IMO he's the best CB prospect of this draft. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Superman said:

And I think that logic holds up at practically every position for the Colts, except QB, LT, RB.

I think we're pretty set at K and P also.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah that's true. I was just pointing out that, unlike those hyped practice squad guys, we actually saw Woods making plays in real games. Not that he's arrived or anything, but we know he can actually play.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Yeah that's true. I was just pointing out that, unlike those hyped practice squad guys, we actually saw Woods making plays in real games. Not that he's arrived or anything, but we know he can actually play.

If he can stay healthy 

31 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

I think we're pretty set at K and P also.

...and for the most part OG and C, they seem to like who they have too. But then Raimann happened because he dropped that far and was too good value to pass. If Cooper Beebe is there at No.46, do we pass? I doubt we will.

9 hours ago, stitches said:

I think when it's said and done... Arnold probably goes top 10. IMO he's the best CB prospect of this draft. 

I think either Arnold or Bowers could be available at 15. Just a hunch. Too many QB needy teams in the top 15 plus there are very good WRs and OTs at the top of the draft. We always seem to see a pass rusher or two drafted high each year as well. 

40 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I think either Arnold or Bowers could be available at 15. Just a hunch. Too many QB needy teams in the top 15 plus there are very good WRs and OTs at the top of the draft. We always seem to see a pass rusher or two drafted high each year as well. 

I was reading where the Chargers are picking 5th and interested in Bowers.

But if the pass and go WR, Bowers could easily fall to 15

On 2/28/2024 at 10:32 AM, ColtStrong2013 said:

It was 8.5 and as many on this forum would agree, sacks aren’t exactly a true reflection of efficient pass rush… We need more consistency and the boss says so. 

Ballard let Autry and Houston leave when they produced like Kwity did last season. Good sack number with low pressures. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

I’ve heard more that Harbaugh really wants Joe Alt. 

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

I'm not sure about easily, but there are probably a couple teams in front of us with bowers close to the top of their board but could very well get their top guy. I don't see the Chargers taking him at 5. That would be a risk, when Harbaugh puts heavy emphasis on the trenches. Them passing up several top tackles in the top 5 for a tightend doesn't seem to be likely.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Interesting. 

So if I’m reading this right, he doesn’t match Ballards average DE?

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Ballard let Autry and Houston leave when they produced like Kwity did last season. Good sack number with low pressures. 

Both were much older and not on a rookie contract with an option. 

16 hours ago, DattMavis said:

I wonder if he could play SSDE then shift inside

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Recently, Tennessee has shown interest in Bowers...

The Titans have been the landing spot for Alt in almost every mock draft. Should the Chargers (Harbaugh) pick Alt at 5, then I would not be surprised if they then pick Bowers at 7

16 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Recently, Tennessee has shown interest in Bowers...

The Titans have been the landing spot for Alt in almost every mock draft. Should the Chargers (Harbaugh) pick Alt at 5, then I would not be surprised if they then pick Bowers at 7

TN could draft Bowers but it would be kind of dumb to do so with their desperate need at both LT and RT, as well as corner and WR. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Chargers already have a pretty good LT with Rashawn Slater.

Unless they want to move Alt to RT.

But Alt could be a pretty good pick for them, especially protecting Herbert who has suffered from injury the past couple of seasons.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He said he is still negotiating with a number of our FA.  That’s a good sign.

Sounded to me like he was saying they would of took Levis of Richardson went 3rd?

You get that vibe?

He said there was other guys?

Now that I rethink, probably would of been Will Anderson.

13 minutes ago, w87r said:

Sounded to me like he was saying they would of took Levis of Richardson went 3rd?

You get that vibe?

Now that I rethink, probably would of been Will Anderson.

One would hope that it would have been Anderson… even with hindsight, it would have made more sense to trade back to somewhere in the top 10 with someone looking to take the top non-qb player in the draft, than to take Levis as the 4th qb in as many picks… 

13 minutes ago, w87r said:

You get that vibe?

Now that I rethink, probably would have been Will Anderson.

He did stumble a bit on the Richardson question.  Mentioned flipping a coin. I got the impression he could have gone either way at four.   He would have been happy with Levis at four if Richardson went third.  That’s why he didn’t trade up.  He was going to use that pick on a quarterback no doubt.  

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I hope we will see this posted. Not feeling well and took a nap lol. I just got nfl network the other day with YouTube tv.

It wasn't anything much.

Just talked about Richardson, the tense moments around the trade announcement for #3 on draft day.

Then talked about his mullet he is rocking and story behind it.

I'm sure it will reair later, if no video is posted of it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

So if I’m reading this right, he doesn’t match Ballards average DE?

Both were much older and not on a rookie contract with an option. 

Their production was unacceptable. Not bad players, just not producing. So he drafts someone that didn't sack or pressure in college. But he gives them a plan and resources to become their best. 

So many failures in the 1st 2 rounds.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Their production was unacceptable. Not bad players, just not producing. So he drafts someone that didn't sack or pressure in college. But he gives them a plan and resources to become their best. 

So many failures in the 1st 2 rounds.

Go ahead.   Please list the “so many failures in the first two rounds.”

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

We’re either drafting Arnold, Verse, Thomas, or Bowers.  However the draft plays out will determine which one it is.  

You might be 100 percent right.   But I think it’s WAY too early to predict anything with confidence.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

We’re either drafting Arnold, Verse, Thomas, or Bowers.  However the draft plays out will determine which one it is.  

idk about Thomas at 15 seems like a reach to me, just has too many question marks for being drafted that high. I like the 2nd round options more and believe if Thomas is the best WR available there will be better players available like the others mentioned.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You might be 100 percent right.   But I think it’s WAY too early to predict anything with confidence.   

i know, I’m just excited lol.  I’m hoping it’s one of them at least.  Been a long time since I felt like we were building towards something.  

• Like 2