Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

So only Flacco and Harrison remain in updated.

So Franklin is actually +$5.25m higher 

Avery is a wash, no real cap affect 

SSanchez projection no change.

So my new projections are:

Spotrac - $18.75m

OtC - $17.9m

Just now, w87r said:

So only Flacco and Harrison remain in updated.

So Franklin is actually +$5.25m higher 

Avery is a wash, no real cap affect 

SSanchez projection no change.

So my new projections are:

Spotrac - $18.75m

OtC - $17.9m

so what I’m reading is that if this trade goes through for Sneed, Mo is getting cut… 

😂 

1 hour ago, Goatface Killah said:

You get premium players beyond the top 15 picks. 

DK Metcalf was the 64th pick.

This receiver class is DEEP. 

yea i understand that but i’m speaking on ballard passing on premium talent just to trade bck for 2 avg players 

30 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He may also be correct, if the organization says him to put off the fire in case the trade didn't work out.

It's confusing as two different beat reporters say totally opposite stuff, and no other reporter from other media is able to support them one way or other. 

I haven’t been following the Sneed trade rumours very closely, but here are my thoughts about it …

Intuitively, it just seems to me that historically speaking, such anticipated trades almost never come to fruition.  Sure there may be excptions, but generally speaking, it just seems to most often turnout being much ado about nothing.   Ergo, I predict no Sneed trade.  

Depending on what compensation might be, though, can’t say I’d be upset if I am wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, rockywoj said:

I haven’t been following the Sneed trade rumours very closely, but here are my thoughts about it …

Intuitively, it just seems to me that historically speaking, such anticipated trades almost never come to fruition.  Sure there may be excptions, but generally speaking, it just seems to most often turnout being much ado about nothing.   Ergo, I predict no Sneed trade.  

Depending on what compensation might be, though, can’t say I’d be upset if I am wrong.

I doubt it happens either; I will think negative here so I can play reverse psychology and be happy if it does. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

so what I’m reading is that if this trade goes through for Sneed, Mo is getting cut… 

😂

Over It Whatever GIF by Apple Music

As far as the trade, I good either way 

Ove stated that I think the room is ok, and will be improved whether that be Sneed another vet or an additional draft pick.

Just ready to move on to the safety position.

Just now, w87r said:

Over It Whatever GIF by Apple Music

As far as the trade, I good either way 

Ove stated that I think the room is ok, and will be improved whether that be Sneed another vet or an additional draft pick.

Just ready to move on to the safety position.

That's not possible, it's going to drag until meltdown happens... 

45 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But it would still fit the pattern that Ballard has to trade for (and sign to top dollar) premium defensive players that other GMs drafted.  Ballard would have yet to draft a premium elite/near-elite defensive player on his own in 7 years.  Not a great look when comparing to other playoff GMs.

Or you could say, Ballard couldn't just give top FA money during FA period to get a premium player.  He also had to give up draft picks.

It would be good to have Sneed.  But the Colts capital reserves seem to get drained more than they "should" to get premium players.

Sure Doug, you can spend your life poo poo'ing on everything if thats what you want to do.

What elite corner was out there to sign outright?

Would you then accuse him of settling for lesser talent? Of course you wouldve cause thats your thing.

Youre takes are boring and predictable. I wish I could bet on them, because I would be filthy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

😂

That’s a choice for sure.   I would prefer having extensions and or restructures in place first.  He could take a pay cut too.  He could be one of the final roster cuts if need be.  We just see the money.  The Colts see the player and the time invested.  So far he keeps finding a way to make the roster and play a lot.  I would imagine he would be close to being released sometime this year.  Especially if we draft Bowers.  But right now.  It would surprise me.  Now watch me get surprised.  

7 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Sure Doug, you can spend your life poo poo'ing on everything if thats what you want to do.

Never once seen that guy enjoy a win or say anything positive about good things that happened.

He wants bad things to happen so he can gloat over his own narrative about the team and Ballard.  He thinks he is smarter than everyone for being this way too.  

• Like 4

Just now, BlackTiger said:

Never once seen that guy enjoy a win or say anything positive about good things that happened.

He wants bad things to happen so he can gloat over his own narrative about the team and Ballard.  He thinks he is smarter than everyone for being this way too.  

He doesnt want the Colts to do well. It would kill him to see them win.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I don't even let him bother me anymore, I used to, until I learned it wasn't worth it. I quit debating with him around 3 months ago and never respond to his posts now. It is a waste of time is why and I got sick of it. I have never seen anyone more negative than him. Doug is the type of person where 10 of us could go out and eat at the best Pizza place in town, 9 of us would love it and give it an A, Doug would find some way to complain about the Pizza and say it was average at best lmao . I am speaking the truth going by his history. That is all I can go by. Usually, people like him have been burned in life some way or the other and are just negative about everything. My Step-dad is a very negative person, he tends to put people down and doesn't even realize he is doing it. He is a good guy in general, Treats my mom well, but his attitude is negative toward everything whether it's sports, politics, etc.. It gets old being around that crap. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Would you then accuse him of settling for lesser talent? Of course you wouldve cause thats your thing.

Youre takes are boring and predictable. I wish I could bet on them, because I would be filthy.

Its not poo-pooing.  Its realism.  The point is that KC got to the SB by finding top 5 corners using draft picks, who play on their rookie deal.  That's generally how teams get there.  

Its like an Indy car race, the team that uses more resources than others...gas and tires....falls behind over the course of a long race eventhough they may lead 10 laps or look like they are competing.

Rather than trading for Buckner and paying him top dollar at the same time, or trading for Sneed and paying him top dollar at the same time, I think we'd be more competitive if guys like Kwity Paye at pick 17 was a Top 6 EDGE in the 3rd year of his rookie deal.   That's reality of how teams win, and what KC has done...and why we are trading for and signing the guy KC drafted  (because they have another Corner in McDuffie who is right behind Sneed).

Edit:  All of this based upon if the rumors of the Sneed trade are true...which I still don't know if Ballard would do that for a Corner in this defense.

27 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Name a defensive player he has drafted that has made a Pro Bowl.

So that is a boring question? Hardly, it's a slap against the heads of Irsay, Ballard, and Dodds. The answer to the question is that someone sucks at their job.

This whole situation is getting a little crazy lol. It’s being compounded by the fact this fan base (based on twitter and a decent amount of folks on this forum) are exceptionally tired of Ballard not taking bigger strides to improve the team. This would be one of his biggest signings since Buckner. So any glimmer of hope is being exact exacerbated to levels of an exceptionally large let down if it doesn’t go through. 

If it does, Ballard will be a hero. Destin will be a hero. Holder will be on fire lol. 

if it doesn’t….man…. The outrage will be palpable this off season, especially if he doesn’t properly address our backfield. Even more if we get cooked again by talented QB’s. 

Im hoping it gets done! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Name a defensive player he has drafted that has made a Pro Bowl.

So that is a boring question? Hardly, it's a slap against the heads of Irsay, Ballard, and Dodds. The answer to the question is that someone sucks at their job.

Leonard was a 3-time All-Pro.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, w87r said:

Oh No Reaction GIF by Acorn TV

There has been a lot of smoke for a few days.

3 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

There is a Chiefs account saying it’s donr too. A lot of smoke.

Someone just popped a smoke bomb 

1 hour ago, masterlock said:

Very old news

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He also initially denied the Andrew Luck retirement after Rap reported it too

Yeah, and I am a nobody and told everyone in here Taylor wasn't going anywhere. I knew he wasn't because I have common sense I guess. Nobody in their right mind is kicking the best RB in the league to the curve in his prime, only a dumb dumb would do that. I also almost nailed his contract before he got it, I had him at 13 Mill a year, he got 14.Happy Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

This whole situation is getting a little crazy lol. It’s being compounded by the fact this fan base (based on twitter and a decent amount of folks on this forum) are exceptionally tired of Ballard not taking bigger strides to improve the team. This would be one of his biggest signings since Buckner. So any glimmer of hope is being exact exacerbated to levels of an exceptionally large let down if it doesn’t go through. 

If it does, Ballard will be a hero. Destin will be a hero. Holder will be on fire lol. 

if it doesn’t….man…. The outrage will be palpable this off season, especially if he doesn’t properly address our backfield. Even more if we get cooked again by talented QB’s. 

Im hoping it gets done! 

Yeah, I'll be upset if it doesn't happen. Especially if the contract is the reason it didn't happen and Ballard didn't want to pay $22 million a year. If the reason is that KC wanted a 1st rounder + something else, then it's more understandable. However, if we don't get it done, then we've wasted a lot of time in FA waiting while not signing anyone and it could be a costly risk. Ballard has to get this done, even if he overpays slightly in $ or draft capital.