Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

Just now, tweezy32 said:

Yeah you crazy if you think they aren't gonna be good lol

I think they’re going to be very good, like they were at the end of 2023.  However, seldomly do the big FA players build a super team, no matter what it looks like on paper…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Texans look like a team that are making moves because they want to get back into the playoffs. I’m jelly 

they’re scared.  They were one drive away from not making the playoffs against a team that didn’t have its dynamic rookie qb who handed it to them in 2 quarters the first time they played.

yes, I do think this is them making strides to get better, but they see the division just like we do.  This division will be tough.  And right now it’s anyones honestly. 

but yeah. Let the Texans do this.  It’s fine.  They need it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Archer said:

I think they’re going to be very good, like they were at the end of 2023.  However, seldomly do the big FA players build a super team, no matter what it looks like on paper…

Yeah they are in same boat as us rookie qb contract so they actually going out and signing players while they can before there qb is up!

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

Also have to remember their schedule is 3 times harder and they will be the hunted instead of the hunter.

1 minute ago, Archer said:

Some fans play madden too much and don’t manage people very often and it shows online… Change of scenery is good for some players, but others not so much. Hunter is a big addition for the Texans on paper, but I’m not sure that it’s as big as people are going to make of it. They lost a locker room guy (Greenhard) to free agency that deserved the money they turned around and paid to an outsider. That can bite you not only in the short term with hurt feelings left in the organization watching their brother be let go, and down the road when key players approach free agency. What a precedent. Looks risky to me. Why you would let your own 26 year old go for a 29 year old and a 2 year deal is wild to me. I don’t see a big enough difference to justify the risks. For those on here that love pff, check the ratings… I think the Vikings won this deal hands down. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Some fans play madden too much and don’t manage people very often and it shows online… Change of scenery is good for some players, but others not so much. Hunter is a big addition for the Texans on paper, but I’m not sure that it’s as big as people are going to make of it. They lost a locker room guy (Greenhard) to free agency that deserved the money they turned around and paid to an outsider. That can bite you not only in the short term with hurt feelings left in the organization watching their brother be let go, and down the road when key players approach free agency. What a precedent. Looks risky to me. Why you would let your own 26 year old go for a 29 year old and a 2 year deal is wild to me. I don’t see a big enough difference to justify the risks. For those on here that love pff, check the ratings… I think the Vikings won this deal hands down. 

Yep. Would much rather have Greenard than Hunter. 100%. :thmup:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Yeah they are in same boat as us rookie qb contract so they actually going out and signing players while they can before there qb is up!

seems reactionary to me… You either refused to pay your own in Greenhard, or you lost him in free agency, so you took the guy he was replacing on the Vikings. 

Just now, IrsaysArmy said:

When is Ballard going to add some weapons on offense? Are we supposed to rely on him drafting another WR in the 2nd round. He’s really good at that. 

Our offense is good. They will add bowers or WR in the draft. Possibly both. That’s not where our biggest weakness is.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Hunter would have been our best edge rusher since Mathis

ok ?? nick bosa was non existent vs chiefs good offenses & coordinators can scheme DEs out of games … if AR is who i think he is and shane is to pass rushers won’t matter 

22 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Yeah you crazy if you think they aren't gonna be good lol

garner minshew missed a wide open running back on our on 15 yard line … minshew lol he’s not AR who was on pace to be the ROY easily … texans benefited from his injury the most, texans aren’t that good as they got easily dispatched en the playoffs by a real team 

1 minute ago, MFT5 said:

ok ?? nick bosa was non existent vs chiefs good offenses & coordinators can scheme DEs out of games … if AR is who i think he is and shane is to pass rushers won’t matter 

Nick Bosa was destroying the Chiefs with pressure and Mahomes lateral movement when he stepped out the pocket. Mahomes adjusted. AR isn’t Mahomes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Nick Bosa was destroying the Chiefs with pressure and Mahomes lateral movement when he stepped out the pocket. Mahomes adjusted. AR isn’t Mahomes

yu making my point for me lol. have yu seen AR play football.. he could be the best QB en the sport and like i said good offenses and good coordinators scheme DEs out a game.

mahomes wasnt mahomes until he displayed his talent. y’all don’t have forsight y’all just talk jesus. yes i knw today isn’t tomorrow genius lol 

AR was bullying the texans this year LOL 

Just now, MFT5 said:

yu making my point for me lol. have yu seen AR play football.. he could be the best QB en the sport… mahomes wasnt mahomes until he displayed his talent. y’all don’t have forsight y’all just talk jesus. yes i knw today isn’t tomorrow genius lol 

Yeah no he couldn't lol. 😆 

56 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

$7m for a backup? Seems steep..

Interesting that you already know how many games this guy will start next season. Grover plays about 600 snaps a season and we were a laughing stock when Johnson played. And my apologies to his friends and family.

Bryan wasn't abysmal all the time but not good.

And $7M is fine for a veteran with 48 career starts in 4 seasons. It's better depth up the gut that we really needed. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think I'm about done with Ballard and his obsession with mediocre trench players. When you are this obsessed with the trenches one would think at least our OL and DL would be amazing. We are paying 40M+ for our DTs. What are we talking about? Is this 2024 or 1974? 

I would have signed Davis, and let Grover walk. Half the money, shorter contract, similar player/production. 

• Like 1