Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Colts signing Michael Pittman Jr to three year contract

chad72

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is just a couple million more then the yearly tag amount.

Pretty much inline with what most of us figured. Now make it official pitt

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We aren’t going after Wilkins. We are already paying Buckner.

Wilkins or Stewart… hmm

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is strictly speculation & a projection, correct? Haven’t seen anything on it elsewhere

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We aren’t going after Wilkins. We are already paying Buckner.

Wilkins cap hit would be nowhere near Buckners.  Buckner is on the final year of his contract at age 30.  If they sign Wilkins at age 28 I could see a scenario where they trade Buckner leading up to the draft for maybe a 2nd rd pick and put Dayo in Buckners spot.  You get younger at the interior and you still have a premier player in Wilkins there.  An extra 2nd rd pick opens up all kinds of possibilities.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Wilkins cap hit would be nowhere near Buckners.  Buckner is on the final year of his contract at age 30.  If they sign Wilkins at age 28 I could see a scenario where they trade Buckner leading up to the draft for maybe a 2nd rd pick and put Dayo in Buckners spot.  You get younger at the interior and you still have a premier player in Wilkins there.  An extra 2nd rd pick opens up all kinds of possibilities.

No . We need good interior push. You keep Buckner and sign Wilkins instead of Stewart …

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No . We need good interior push. You keep Buckner and sign Wilkins instead of Stewart …

That’s my first choice.  But Dayo made good progress this year.  We have no idea what our DL coach thinks of Dayo.  Maybe he thinks he’s ready.  If we get WIlkens and someone calls on Buckner I think they would listen.

40 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Buckner/Williams combo would be incredible. Buckner has 3 more years of excellence in him. You extend him..

Draft Verse and we would have a whole new ball game with depth and pressure. 

I watched most of the combine. We are going to have great options at 15. It would be difficult to screw it up. 

Having a corner that could actually cover on an island would be amazing. Freeing up a safety WOW! Shucks, we have Ballard!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We can’t afford Wilkins plus Buckner for plus he got the non exclusive tag so draft picks most likely involved.

Wilkins didn't get tagged

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Well deserved !

I'd love to go into the deep WR draft and see if we could upgrade Pierce

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Well deserved !

I'd love to go into the deep WR draft and see if we could upgrade Pierce

FWIW: 

This is an updated valuation.   As recently as a few weeks ago Spotrac’s projection was 4/90.   

• Like 2

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW: 

This is an updated valuation.   As recently as a few weeks ago Spotrac’s projection was 4/90.   

I think with the salary cap going up, so does FA salaries.

Fans often think that with the salary cap going up, we'll be able to sign more FAs.  But  it often doesn't work that way.  Salaries just go up.

• Like 3

1:30 PM and no tag yet from the Colts when everyone else has been tagged except Chris Jones and Josh Allen.  Looking more and more like they will get it done.  Btw Evans deal contains $6m in incentives and some injury guarantees.  His base annual amount is closer to $21m than $26m according to Florio.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

1:30 PM and no tag yet from the Colts when everyone else has been tagged except Chris Jones and Josh Allen.  Looking more and more like they will get it done.  Btw Evans deal contains $6m in incentives and some injury guarantees.  His base annual amount is closer to $21m than $26m according to Florio.

The deadline is still more than two hours away.

Btw I expect them to get a deal done, but there's still plenty of time for the Colts to use the tag.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Josh Allen was just tagged.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We can’t afford Wilkins plus Buckner for plus he got the non exclusive tag so draft picks most likely involved.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I had the wrong guy. I was thinking of burns lol. Still colts can’t afford him and Buckner.

They can if they really want too. There’s all sorts of tricks to manipulate the cap hits

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Facebook was down, it affected the entire world haha

32 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Chiefs used tag on J'Narius.

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

What’s with Rapoport?  The transition tag puts him on the market.  Patriots get a chance to match.  That’s all.

The Pats had to make a decision on which player they would place the Transition Tag on...

They chose Dugger, leaving Michael Onwenu unprotected

https://www.patspulpit.com/2024/3/5/24091013/patriots-nfl-franchise-tag-decision-kyle-dugger-michael-onwenu

However, I suppose they could still use the Franchise Tag on Onwenu?

Looks like the report of Mike Evans' $52 million deal was slightly inaccurate.

The new Mike Evans contract has a base value of $41 million over two years

By

Mike Florio Published March 5, 2024 12:20 PM

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/the-new-mike-evans-contract-has-a-base-value-of-41-million-over-two-years

It happens every year. Agents do new contracts. They text the basic details to a small group of reporters. The reporters engage in a thumb race to X, communicating the numbers as gospel.

Within a day or two, the truth puts its pants on.

This year, it started with Bucs receiver Mike Evans. Two years, $52 million! $35 million guaranteed!

It’s actually, we’re told, a two-year, $41 million deal. The other $11 million comes in the form of incentives and escalators.

The deal pays out $23 million fully guaranteed in 2024. He’s due to make $18 million in 2025. Of that amount, $6 million is fully guaranteed and $6 million is guaranteed for injury.

So it’s a $20.5 million deal, not a $26 million contract. And it has $29 million fully guaranteed at signing.

It’s not bad for a guy with 10 years of NFL wear and tear. But it’s not what they told you it was on Monday.

Get used to it. Accept it for what it is. You’ll get overstated numbers when the deals are leaked. In time, we’ll get you the truth.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stitches said:

It’s going to get done.  Just a matter of when.  Honestly, Pittman has been the least concerning to me of the free agents because I knew at worst the Colts would tag him to buy more time to get a deal done.  I am more worried about Stewart.  

Just now, BProland85 said:

If Ballard screws this up and lets him walk he deserves some major criticism. 

He’s not going to,  he’s already confirmed he would tag him if he has too.  Put the Ballard hating pitchforks away for now.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is nothing disheartening. They will probably have a deal soon. Happened to a few players today where they couldn’t get the extension finished.

Still sucks.  They had plenty of time.  They got up to the deadline.  If they were that close it should wrap up tomorrow.