Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blackmon placed on IR

Restinpeacesweetchloe

16 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Is he a free agent hope Colts move on this offseason.

Blackmon or Thomas? Thomas is only in year two. Blackmon is a free agent. Blackmon seems like a must sign but he has been injury prone. This doesn’t help. Especially if Cross  plays well. Cross is more a SS safety I think.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Is he a free agent hope Colts move on this offseason.

I think we move on as well.

Thomas, Cross and Daniel Scott will be back next year. Either mid round pick or FA vet.

All depends on the price though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bradley doesn’t seem to like Cross so I hope cross plays really well. With Blackmon being a FA I think it’s good we get to see what cross has. I think we need an answer on him before FA and the draft. 

Agree... but at this point I could care less WHO Bradley likes because the Colts should move on from Gus at season's end.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bradley doesn’t seem to like Cross so I hope cross plays really well. With Blackmon being a FA I think it’s good we get to see what cross has. I think we need an answer on him before FA and the draft. 

SS Nick Cross has been getting increasing playing time over the past 4 weeks.

Week 12 at Tennessee - 31 defensive snaps (36.5%)

Week 13 at Cincinnati - 29 defensive snaps (48.3%)

Week 14 vs Pittsburgh - 26 defensive snaps (44.8%)

Week 15 at Atlanta - 55 defensive snaps (85.9%)

With Blackmon out injured, Cross started at SS and took 86% of the defensive snaps.  I expect we'll see him start the rest of the way.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The bigger loss is becomes we now see more Thomas. He has been getting less time as they worked cross in. He has not payed well.

Agreed Cross should be fine his PFF score is 88.3,problem is Thomas is now almost forced to stay on the field and is grading 57.7 (Blackmon is at 68.3). Doubt we can move Harrison back there now as we packed 20 lbs on his frame for Lineback work so speed for  Safety would be off...maybe Trevor Denbow 

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

He’s a free agent who has had several injury concerns.  You consider those things before giving players new contracts.

What several injuries? The most he missed was in the 2021 season because he tore his achilles other than that he's been reliable 

25 minutes ago, BCMak24 said:

What several injuries? The most he missed was in the 2021 season because he tore his achilles other than that he's been reliable 

This is fourth year in the NFL.  He’s yet to play a full season, he’s had an ankle injury in the past, he missed a part of camp this year with a hamstring injury, he had a torn ACL coming into the NFL.  The Achilles was the most serious injury but not the only one.  I am not saying they will let him walk but they will consider his injury history before making a decision on him they would be fools not too.  

13 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

This is fourth year in the NFL.  He’s yet to play a full season, he’s had an ankle injury in the past, he missed a part of camp this year with a hamstring injury, he had a torn ACL coming into the NFL.  The Achilles was the most serious injury but not the only one.  I am not saying they will let him walk but they will consider his injury history before making a decision on him they would be fools not too.  

I forgot about the Achilles. If cross plays well these last two games it might be a easy decision.

1 hour ago, DiogoSales said:

Oh God, Thomas or Denbow as FS going on. 

We kinda know what Thomas has, Denbow is an unknown...not sure what is the right way to go with season on the line but think they stay with Thomas out of the gate. Henry Black was just brought back BUT he was cut for a reason......no word on Marcel Dabo our International player

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

We kinda know what Thomas has, Denbow is an unknown...not sure what is the right way to go with season on the line but think they stay with Thomas out of the gate. Henry Black was just brought back BUT he was cut for a reason......no word on Marcel Dabo our International player

They have Ronnie Harrison too. Might be able to go back and play some safety. I think he has put on some weight to play LB though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah you don’t just lose 20 pounds over night.  They could play a little more 4-3 if they wanted though with Harrison to pick ip some of the slack.

I lost 12 lbs in 8 hours (130 to 118 for college wrestling) but thats a story for a different time...lol

Just now, 1959Colts said:

Its a bad situation no doubt, but I would think we can get by with the safeties we currently have to win a game or two. Can't afford another injury at the position though. Is Trevor Denbow still a member of the team?

Denbow is an option

• Like 2

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

I lost 12 lbs in 8 hours (130 to 118 for college wrestling) but thats a story for a different time...lol

Yeah but I am guessing most of that is water weight which is great if you need to make a weight.  He’d need to lose muscle mass to get down to the weight needed.  I know you know the difference just clarifying before someone really thinks it’s possible.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah but I am guessing most of that is water weight which is great if you need to make a weight.  He’d need to lose muscle mass to get down to the weight needed.  I know you know the difference just clarifying before someone really thinks it’s possible.

100% correct, pure water weight

2 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

looks like we were not prepared for players getting hurt