Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blackmon placed on IR

Restinpeacesweetchloe

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

This is fourth year in the NFL.  He’s yet to play a full season, he’s had an ankle injury in the past, he missed a part of camp this year with a hamstring injury, he had a torn ACL coming into the NFL.  The Achilles was the most serious injury but not the only one.  I am not saying they will let him walk but they will consider his injury history before making a decision on him they would be fools not too.  

He's only missed a couple of games other than that so again he hasn't missed that many games....he was having his best season before he got hurt and the safety is depth is not deep....like I said I doubt they let him walk

53 minutes ago, BCMak24 said:

He's only missed a couple of games other than that so again he hasn't missed that many games....he was having his best season before he got hurt and the safety is depth is not deep....like I said I doubt they let him walk

That’s only because he got lucky and injured himself towards the end of the season. Injuries are injuries. Especially ones that big.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 2:49 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bradley doesn’t seem to like Cross so I hope cross plays really well. With Blackmon being a FA I think it’s good we get to see what cross has. I think we need an answer on him before FA and the draft. 

An article this week in the Athletic quoted Bradley saying he likes the growth that Cross has made this year. Last year, he didn't like Cross, this year he thinks he is doing the right things. The article was about Cross learning how to be a professional.

"After starting the first two games of the year, Colts defensive coordinator Gus Bradley felt Cross was in over his head, so he was yanked from the lineup and reduced to being a special teamer."

...and then,

"Bradley commended Cross for his focus while juggling many different roles this year as the team’s backup at strong safety, free safety and nickel. He trusts Cross, which Bradley admitted wasn’t always the case last year, and expects him to take full advantage of his increased role."

Link: https://theathletic.com/5164477/2023/12/28/indianapolis-colts-nick-cross-tyquan-lewis/

Harrison played well, its impressive to send months packing on lbs to play linebacker and come in with 2 picks in first couple games (1 for td), then moving back to Safety with the added weight in a must win game and playing like that. Always liked his play now convinced he needs a big role moving forward.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Just thought about it this morning as I was reevaluating things.     Maybe he could be a big 3rd or 4th RB, with the ability to line up and lead block?
    • I really do think we will be bringing in Diggs. Diggs has just kept himself inserted in Colts news.     Probably not Simmons though.     Definitely think we will bring in a vet RB, sometime from now to beginning of camp.     With how the draft played out I see a vet CB as well to battle for that 4th outside spot.
    • A. Rich. has a lot to work with this year.  Ballard did a real stomp down job!
    • I haven’t been on the board in awhile but same thoughts here. I didn’t think he’d get out of the top ten.  
    • A+   Laiatu Latu - The kinda guy I've been clamouring for for a long time now and specifically the guy I hoped we'd get this draft. I'm SUPER excited about this pick. If Latu turns into our Hendrickson/Crossby/Bosa the rest of the players in this draft can bust and it would still be A+ in my opinion. Technician without equal and still athletic. There's just so much to love about this guy. Steal #1.   Adonai Mitchell - Steal #2. Ballard stood tall on the hill defending this guy and reportedly Steichen and Wayne have been pounding the table for this guy for some time... and they got him AFTER a trade back? Bruh! Steal! Super athletic and has beat up on some of the top CBs in this draft.   Matt Goncalves - We've needed to upgrade our OL depth and Goncalves can play all over the line. Solid pick!   Tanor Bortolini - Quite possibly our future OC. Super athletic - broke Jason Kelce's 3-cone record at the combine. Love this pick!   Anthony Gould - This could potentially turn out to be a genius move by Ballard & Co. The new return rules means having a good returner is extra important and Gould is likely one of the best in the draft! We also needed a good backup behind Downs since McKenzie left.   Jaylon Carlies - After last season I felt like we needed to upgrade our coverage ability at the LB position. This is a move to do just that. Love it!   Jaylin Simpson - We needed to at least add competition at the FS spot. With us picking Simpson and last years 5th rounder Daniel Scott returning (who Ballard seems really excited about), we seem to be set with young talent there. Maybe we add a vet? Like this pick.   Micah Abraham - Don't know much about him, but he has the pedigree. Doesn't fit Ballard's typical athletic profile, so they must have seen something on tape they REALLY like.   Jonah Laulu - The Colts brought him in for a top 30 visit and he fits their athletic profile. Project. Solid pick in the 7th.
  • Members

• fanoftheteam

fanoftheteam 0

• cjwhiskers

cjwhiskers 847

• Solid84

Solid84 6,796

• Shive

Shive 5,788

Moderators
    • stitches

stitches 19,654