Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bengals post game reaction

GoColts8818

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Number one priority this offseason has to be fixing the secondary. Someone laughed at my post this morning about needing to draft a CB high. These backups we have are just that. Backups who should not be starters. Brent’s has not been able to stay healthy so you need to make sure you have insurance there.

The secondary is hurt.  Once they get the hurt players back there might not be much to fix.

Just now, richard pallo said:

Good for you.  3-5 weeks last I read.  He should be close enough.  These guys are supposed to be tough professionals.  Not high school kids.  

3 to 5 weeks means he might not be ready for five weeks not three just because you want him out there.

33 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Coaching 101: you put your LT on the best defender on that side. What Steichen did is what he’s supposed to do. You’ve got to put trust in that player and let him cut his teeth. Raimann learned a lot from fighting Hendrickson all day. The loss sucks but in the long run this can only help our tackle grow. 

No coaching 101 is knowing the playoffs are on the line and bringing a TE to help chip on that side. You don’t just let your player get beat for a learning experience.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Coaching 101: you put your LT on the best defender on that side. What Steichen did is what he’s supposed to do. You’ve got to put trust in that player and let him cut his teeth. Raimann learned a lot from fighting Hendrickson all day. The loss sucks but in the long run this can only help our tackle grow. 

No.  The LT is in the same place every play.   The defense chooses the matchups.  He should have had some te help, but I don't think that was the difference in the outcome

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You’ve been gone about 2-3 weeks while the Colts were winning.   Now, after a loss, look who is back to enjoy the loss!  

What a surprise?! 

How completely predictable….    

Why did I take a break? I said because of what? They beat garbage teams and fans and media were like oh they are getting better. U can't be to hard on them for beating bad teams. I sat back and said wait til they play a talented team. Both teams had back up qbs and the difference in talent was so apparent. Everything disappeared when they played a good team. Pass rush was non existent. They couldn't run the  ball. Wrs could not  make plays. It was the same old. Ballard will get a repreave as he always does because we went on a roll, and people thought there was more talent on this team than there actually is.

7 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

No coaching 101 is knowing the playoffs are on the line and bringing a TE to help chip on that side. You don’t just let your player get beat for a learning experience.

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No.  The LT is in the same place every play.   The defense chooses the matchups.  He should have had some te help, but I don't think that was the difference in the outcome

Ok.

46 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Number one priority this offseason has to be fixing the secondary. Someone laughed at my post this morning about needing to draft a CB high. These backups we have are just that. Backups who should not be starters. Brent’s has not been able to stay healthy so you need to make sure you have insurance there.

I think our rookie corner #40 Jones looks like he's going to be a very good starter going forward

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He was bad today 

...as was nearly every other player on the team today.

Jones also had some decent coverage at times today.

I believe, Bradley's scheme is part of the problem. Every year our corners struggle, regardless of the changing names back there. Some here might mention Stephon Gilmore? But I thought he was just average (at best) last year

The really unfortunate thing about today was the opportunity we fumbled away. We get to brush it off with a “well at least everyone else lost”, but had we handled business it would have been a massive boost to our playoff push and positioning. 

Of course the dingy side of that silver lining is now we’ve seen what it looks like when we’re playing another team in, or trying to make the field instead of the bottom half of the order…

If you thought today was ugly it was honestly just a preview of January football 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I thought after we tied it going into half we really had a chance to start the game over but we did not make adjustments and players and coaches were not prepared. Hopefully smith, speed, and Brent’s are back next week. I doubt Taylor will be back.

Dteichen has to get more creative with running the ball. Not just run it up the gut.

I've noticed this too.   why don't we ever stretch the defense on the sidelines.  it's frustrating. 

Just now, John Waylon said:

The really unfortunate thing about today was the opportunity we fumbled away. We get to brush it off with a “well at least everyone else lost”, but had we handled business it would have been a massive boost to our playoff push and positioning. 

Of course the dingy side of that silver lining is now we’ve seen what it looks like when we’re playing another team in, or trying to make the field instead of the bottom half of the order…

If you thought today was ugly it was honestly just a preview of January football 🤷🏻‍♂️

Agreed. We are not a playoff team even, maybe even with AR. We may make the playoffs but we’re so deficient in many aspects that if we play a truly elite team we’ll be handled.

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

I believe, Bradley's scheme is part of the problem. Every year our corners struggle, regardless of the changing names back there. Some here might mention Stephon Gilmore? But I thought he was just average (at best) last year

Gilmore?   With the Colts?   Average?   At best?    Goodness.   Never thought I’d see that here….     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Agreed. We are not a playoff team even, maybe even with AR. We may make the playoffs but we’re so deficient in many aspects that if we play a truly elite team we’ll be handled.

Richardson would have had defenses confused and he would stretch the field. Of course he is a rookie so you never know if he would make rookie mistakes.

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

He definitely had a couple of nice coverages today. Wasn’t he the one that got absolutely hosed on that PI call? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All around bad game in every facet.  ST’s was brutal. The Bengals dared Minshew to beat them and he couldn’t.  Nelson missed a few blocks especially in the 1st half. The defense wasn’t good and they were on the field too much.  Once I saw that penalty was 15 yards then I thought it was a no brainer to move them back and take the penalty.  I wouldn’t have declined it if I was Steichen. The need to flush this one and get back to work. 

Every CB in the league gets burned at some point so Baker getting burned by Higgins only bothers me so much. The thing that bothers me about Baker the last few weeks isn’t his pass coverage it’s that he tackles like a pu SS ey. 

It’s not why they lost by any means but the officials in the 1st half were brutal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Dteichen has to get more creative with running the ball. Not just run it up the gut.

Absolutely. He needs to rework the whole running attack.

...Sad to say, but our running game, is starting to look more and more like Reich's. 

Shane comes out every week and the game plan seems to be pass every down and run a play here and there to try and catch them off guard.

Maybe this approach could be acceptable if your QB was Manning? or Marino? but certainly not with Minshew

4 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I do feel like AR would make a difference. His early season development had a really nice upward trend to it and I do feel that if we had him out there it would make us a much more formidable team. Just because of the unpredictability factor if nothing else. 

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

I can’t recall but that was a bogus call. He was thrown down by Chase. Chase was the only one who had meaningful contact with anyone.

Yeah, that was a terrible call. And it came from a ref 15 yards away, while the ref standing 6 feet away with the play unfolding right in front of him decided not to flag it. Then they congressed and instead of siding with the ref right on top of the play they went with the one who saw it from the next town over. 🤨

Of all the rotten calls today the only one worse was the holding in Nelson that took away the Moss score. 

• Like 1

Just now, 1959Colts said:

Absolutely. He needs to rework the whole running attack.

...Sad to say, but our running game, is starting to look more and more like Reich's. 

Shane comes out every week and the game plan seems to be pass every down and run a play here and there to try and catch them off guard.

Maybe this approach could be acceptable if your QB was Manning? or Marino? but certainly not with Minshew

Colts number one priority should be coming out to establish the run. He did not do that today and it got us behind the sticks early then bengals took the lead and it was over with running.  You can’t come out and just throw the ball like that to start.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think anyone realistically thought this team would get to 7 wins this year.   It's bonus at this point.   If they sneak into the playoffs,  even better

Agree completely. 

Sundays this fall have been more fun than I expected. 

• Like 4