Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Titans post game reaction

GoColts8818

1 hour ago, Trace Pyott said:

Overall a crazy game but a win is a win. Minshew drives me nuts. He can make most of the throws you need to win but he has got to be the most anxious qb I’ve ever seen in my life.  Maybe they need to give him some Valium before the game to calm him down lol.   If he has anyone even remotely near him it’s like the computer in his brain starts malfunctioning and everything misfires. Last week he even turned around and started running the wrong way lol. 
   Another thing about him that drives me nuts is how he avoids any contact at all cost. Let’s say it’s 3rd down and 3 and no one is open and he sees some daylight. He will run and see a guy 5 yards ahead and instead of getting the first down and then sliding he will slide down 2 yards away from the first down or throw the ball away or worse and try and force a throw to a covered wr.    He did it once in this game. He could have gotten a first down and instead slid way behind the marker. I’m all for being careful ( especially with all the injuries to qb us colts fans have had to go through with luck and AR) but sometimes you gotta take a hit to get those important first downs.   Btw I’m grateful for minshew. As a backup things could be much worse. I just wish he could fix his flaws. 

For your consideration….   I think it’s possible Minshew is being coached to go down asap….  The coaches may want him to avoid contact whenever possible because they’re trying to keep Gardner healthy.   Even if he’s going down short of the first down.  They don’t want Minshew to get hurt and have to rely on Sam.   I don’t know this for certain, but I had that thought while watching a play like you described.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, husker61 said:

jw isn’t going to listen to reason, he is a Levis hater and will make up things to back it up. Everyone can see from the video what really happened. 

Yeah. Everyone can see what happened. Levis would have had to throw the ball out on Broadway to miss his WR any worse. 

9 hours ago, w87r said:

I didn't even realise Kwity Paye had 7.5 sacks.  With 5 more games to go he just might get to 11 or more when it's all said and done,  People were just complaining the other day he's just not a sack guy.  Seems to be doing okay to me.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Trace Pyott said:

Overall a crazy game but a win is a win. Minshew drives me nuts. He can make most of the throws you need to win but he has got to be the most anxious qb I’ve ever seen in my life.  Maybe they need to give him some Valium before the game to calm him down lol.   If he has anyone even remotely near him it’s like the computer in his brain starts malfunctioning and everything misfires. Last week he even turned around and started running the wrong way lol. 
   Another thing about him that drives me nuts is how he avoids any contact at all cost. Let’s say it’s 3rd down and 3 and no one is open and he sees some daylight. He will run and see a guy 5 yards ahead and instead of getting the first down and then sliding he will slide down 2 yards away from the first down or throw the ball away or worse and try and force a throw to a covered wr.    He did it once in this game. He could have gotten a first down and instead slid way behind the marker. I’m all for being careful ( especially with all the injuries to qb us colts fans have had to go through with luck and AR) but sometimes you gotta take a hit to get those important first downs.   Btw I’m grateful for minshew. As a backup things could be much worse. I just wish he could fix his flaws. 

I’m perfectly fine with him trying to avoid contact. I’d rather have to punt than have the starting QB knocked out fighting for an extra 6 inches. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Peyton never came to the sideline and berated a WR over a ball he threw too far out of bounds to be even remotely catchable but ok. 

Well, maybe if the hall of fame WR read the play correctly the pass would not have been thrown out of bounds. Did that ever occur to you? I'm not trying to defend Levis but I'm sick of hearing about how bad a person he is. That's pure 

nonsense! Levis is going to be a good QB in this league barring injury. I know you and others do not like it but you all are going to have to squeeze um tight and man up to reality!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t get why some Colts fans hate Levis so much.  All he did was not get drafted by the Colts but do whatever makes you happy.

Your post is accurate because there is some hate for Levis in here. However, I can turn it around and post exactly what you did with exception of 2 words = insert Richardson and leave not out.

I don't get why some Colts fans hate Richardson so much. All he did was get drafted by the Colts, but whatever makes you happy.

See what I did there. And there are a few that knock Richardson bad in here, calling him injury prone, 1 dude called him Glass Richardson, then there are a couple that think Richardson can't pass either. It is the people that wanted Levis. It works both ways, and this is a Colts site :thmup:. Also why would anyone like/root for an opposing QB from your divisional rival if you loved the Colts. That would be like back in the day rooting for Watson when he played for Houston. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, lincolndefan said:

Well, maybe if the hall of fame WR read the play correctly the pass would not have been thrown out of bounds. Did that ever occur to you? I'm not trying to defend Levis but I'm sick of hearing about how bad a person he is. That's pure 

nonsense! Levis is going to be a good QB in this league barring injury. I know you and others do not like it but you all are going to have to squeeze um tight and man up to reality!

I don’t see it. He’s Jay Cutler.

24 minutes ago, lincolndefan said:

Or he could have thrown it to where the hall of fame WR was, still in position to make a play against a 5th string corner. 

You know, like a real QB. 

21 minutes ago, lincolndefan said:

The way I see it, he could have led Hopkins to where only he had access to the ball (assuming he’s accurate enough to do that). He had a step on the defender. If Levis is good enough to make a snap decision to throw it away he should have seen that and attempted to make it a catchable pass. The ball was well in the air when the route was already established which makes me think it was a bad pass. Based on Hopkins reaction (pointing to it completely out of bounds) he was under the impression it was a bad pass.

Regardless, even assuming it was the wrong route, you don’t react that way as a rookie to your all pro WR for one bad route.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For your consideration….   I think it’s possible Minshew is being coached to go down asap….  The coaches may want him to avoid contact whenever possible because they’re trying to keep Gardner healthy.   Even if he’s going down short of the first down.  They don’t want Minshew to get hurt and have to rely on Sam.   I don’t know this for certain, but I had that thought while watching a play like you described.  

My take on it as well

12 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Again, if he ran the wrong route then Levis has even less room to talk because the throw was terrible. Hopkins was still in position to make a catch and convert for the first down.

And then Levis missed him.

Badly. 

does anyone even know what Levi’s was saying? Does anyone know if Hopkins maybe said something to Levis about his bad pass which maybe * off Levis? Or maybe Levis was just angry in general? No one knows what he even said and are acting like he just straight up blamed Hopkins on that play. We don’t know. A lot of assumptions in this thread bad at Levis like he’s even our QB. I could care less what he was saying to Hopkins in that moment. And Hopkins was never a Colt either, so I could care less about him as well. He’s been on two division rival teams. He’s the enemy. Who cares? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

does anyone even know what Levi’s was saying? Does anyone know if Hopkins maybe said something to Levis about his bad pass which maybe * off Levis? Or maybe Levis was just angry in general? No one knows what he even said and are acting like he just straight up blamed Hopkins on that play. We don’t know. A lot of assumptions in this thread bad at Levis like he’s even our QB. I could care less what he was saying to Hopkins in that moment. And Hopkins was never a Colt either, so I could care less about him as well. He’s been on two division rival teams. He’s the enemy. Who cares? 

I think it was just frustration from seeing the Colts start punching them in the face and knowing the were letting the game slip away. Something didn't go perfect and he got mad

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I’m perfectly fine with him trying to avoid contact. I’d rather have to punt than have the starting QB knocked out fighting for an extra 6 inches. 

Maybe it is time to put in a few packages for Ehrlinger...  Minshew can not move, where Sam can... especially in the redzone.  we have to stop settling for FG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebombers87 said:

The way I see it, he could have led Hopkins to where only he had access to the ball (assuming he’s accurate enough to do that). He had a step on the defender. If Levis is good enough to make a snap decision to throw it away he should have seen that and attempted to make it a catchable pass. The ball was well in the air when the route was already established which makes me think it was a bad pass. Based on Hopkins reaction (pointing to it completely out of bounds) he was under the impression it was a bad pass.

Regardless, even assuming it was the wrong route, you don’t react that way as a rookie to your all pro WR for one bad route.

Hopkins reacted like a real hall of famer should.  After all, showing up your young, aggressive QB in front of a sell-out crowd is sure to endear you to him. 

12 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Here. Let’s see the throw again. It’s worse even than I remember it.

I’ve been saying it was 7 feet from Hopkins. It wasn’t. It was 7 whole * yards. YARDS. Way out in front and it was clear on the other side of the white boundary line going up the sideline. 

He flat loaded up and missed. He missed on distance and placement. 

And that’s on the WR?

Evil Eye Stare GIF by MOODMAN

I’m not a believer in Levis at all. He’s one of those QBs that needs everything around him to be in place to be successful, just like Tannehill was. He also makes questionable decisions and doesn’t have good pocket awareness at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndySouthsider said:

I don’t see it. He’s Jay Cutler.

Exactly my thoughts... When I saw a rookie QB chewing  out a veteran player in front of everyone I said to myself, " I sure am glad the Colts did not draft this guy." And he reminded me of Cutler.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I’m not a believer in Levis at all. He’s one of those QBs that needs everything around him to be in place to be successful, just like Tannehill was. He also makes questionable decisions and doesn’t have good pocket awareness at this point. 

He’s only started 3or4 games I think.  Still very much a rookie.  Kind of early to write him off completely I would think.

• Like 2

The team did what they had to do but what a sloppy game.  It was a very strange game for sure but in the end we got it done. Minshew is an average qb that makes as many mistakes good and bad plays. He overthrew a receiver and it should have been intercepted. Several overthrew several players and he is erratic and I hope he can get better 

26 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

The team did what they had to do but what a sloppy game.  It was a very strange game for sure but in the end we got it done. Minshew is an average qb that makes as many mistakes good and bad plays. He overthrew a receiver and it should have been intercepted. Several overthrew several players and he is erratic and I hope he can get better 

Most games are sloppy in the NFL, it just isn't us, and a lot of games are also decided by 1 score or less. The good teams find a way to win the games that are 7 points or less which we have for the most part. To Minshew's credit he did throw 26-42, 312 Yards, 2 TD's, and no Picks and led a game winning drive with the pressure on.

In games 7 points or less we are now 5-2, technically should be 6-1 because of the Browns game nonsense. If we were a bad team, we would be 2-5 in these games and our record would reflect that. Instead of being 7-5, we would be 4-8 instead. We were losing most of our close games last year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

He was blowing his jaws at the line of scrimmage when the whistle was blown. Unless Hopkins finished the play talking to him 15 yards down the field it’s hard to imagine Hopkins saying something to upset him. And even if Hopkins did, that’s a hall of fame vet and the rook needs to shut his mouth and open his ears. He might even learn something. 

As far as to why this subject has come up, this is the Colts/Titans postgame discussion thread. 

This incident occurred, interestingly enough, in the Colts/Titans game. :omg:

And it involves a player that some, who can’t help but give themselves away, wanted the Colts to make a massive investment in. 

Keep up. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

He was blowing his jaws at the line of scrimmage when the whistle was blown. Unless Hopkins finished the play talking to him 15 yards down the field it’s hard to imagine Hopkins saying something to upset him. And even if Hopkins did, that’s a hall of fame vet and the rook needs to shut his mouth and open his ears. He might even learn something. 

As far as to why this subject has come up, this is the Colts/Titans postgame discussion thread. 

And it involves a player that some, who can’t help but give themselves away, wanted the Colts to make a massive investment in. 

Keep up. 

You are making all good points, keep going :thmup:. I really haven't seen anything you have said to be wrong.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are making all good points, keep going :thmup:. I really haven't seen anything you have said to be wrong.

No it’s just the Levis contingent that dissents. He could have thrown that ball to clear to Charlotte and then slapped Hopkins mother in the mouth on the sidelines and they’d still be defending him. 

It’s weird. Almost cultish. 

6 hours ago, stitches said:

We are deficient at some of the most important positions in this league - QB(this is the most obvious one - hopefully AR changes that), WR(I know people are excited after this game, but we should look at the big picture and overall our WR group has been below average for a while now and we need more than one good game from them to pronounce that problem solved), secondary and especially CB(now, we have some young/injured players there so we will see how that group develops but as it stands right now IMO that group is below average for the league too)... 

We have some good talent and we have some promise from a few of the young guys, but IMO right now our offense is highly schemed(read coach and playcall dependent), I read some stat that the Colts are the team that runs most RPOs in the league and by a huge margin - we are at 24% and the second highest is 19%. On the other end our defense has not really been tested as much as most teams get tested. We have faced relatively soft QB schedule and the good QBs have dissected this D(Lawrence, Carr, Stafford). IMO right now this team looks like a team that's overperforming its talent and is winning games based on edges that the coaching staff is finding and exploiting. 

I think the talent level in the nfl is pretty close with most of the teams. It’s pretty much a any given Sunday league!

7 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Keep up. 

TBH the jury is still out on Levis and AR and Young for that matter too.  I’m pulling like crazy for AR though.  After all he’s our quarterback.  I hope we beat them all when we play them.  I did prefer Levis over AR but when we drafted AR so be it.  I trust the organization made the right call.  He’s our guy.  But I don’t hate Levis or Stroud or Young.  They are all different in how they play their game.  We just need to beat them when we play them.  That’s all that matters.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

TBH the jury is still out on Levis and AR and Young for that matter too.  I’m pulling like crazy for AR though.  After all he’s our quarterback.  I hope we beat them all when we play them.  I did prefer Levis over AR but when we drafted AR so be it.  I trust the organization made the right call.  He’s our guy.  But I don’t hate Levis or Stroud or Young.  They are all different in how they play their game.  We just need to beat them when we play them.  That’s all that matters.  

It is too early of a sample size to determine how any of these QB's will turn out. I mean it looks like Stroud is a Homerun but who knows? Trevor Lawrence had a terrible rookie year, now he is good. Peyton as a rookie was flat out bad, yes Peyton who IMO is the 3rd greatest QB of all-time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Wow!  That’s really impressive.  I guess having a solid rotation matters.  With our supposedly weak secondary there can’t be too many coverage sacks.  

yes! I think some people will complain about something until the colts play like the Super Bowl bears defense played.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

We definitely need to get more passing TD's in the red zone from our big WR's.

true, but why can’t we run the ball when it’s first and goal inside the 5 or third and 3 with two shots to get the first? Above average line and rb, use them. And add a shaky qb to the mix.

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Wow!  That’s really impressive.  I guess having a solid rotation matters.  With our supposedly weak secondary there can’t be too many coverage sacks.  

The funny thing is since the panthers game Bradley has changed his defense which has helped the secondary. A lot of these are coverage sacks because the secondary is forcing QB to hang on to the ball. Bradley has switched to more quarters after that saints game. I think everyone is under contract next season except Lewis. Ballard needs to get him extended this off season.