Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans predictions

Stephen

3 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

I hope the Butterfinger stay away from the field and Moss is back along with Hull

Unfortunately, Steichen said that Hull "could miss some time" with the knee injury. Our hopes lay with Moss being game ready next weekend. The real worry also being that Moss has never been a featured bellcow. We will still likely see a sizable amount of Jackson next weekend, it might be his last chance to prove himself though.

19 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I think a major question is whether the Ravens defense is better or worse than us. They were able to handle Stroud just fine. 

History says we’re normally a friendly team towards opposing rookies… allowing a lot of completions…

From what I saw when I watched BAL vs HOU, Stroud could throw the ball pretty well all over the field, and escape the rush pretty well.

27 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I think a major question is whether the Ravens defense is better or worse than us. They were able to handle Stroud just fine. 

History says we’re normally a friendly team towards opposing rookies… allowing a lot of completions…

Another thing people aren’t talking about is as bad as Houston was last season they had an elite pass defense but was terrible at stopping the run. Right now we can’t run

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

From what I saw when I watched BAL vs HOU, Stroud could throw the ball pretty well all over the field, and escape the rush pretty well.

I wouldn’t be shocked if we lose. The Bradley modus operandi is giving up completions but preventing explosive plays… Since the Texans don’t have those guaranteed home run threats, this could actually work against us. I wouldn’t be surprised if Stroud runs for multiple 3rd down conversions. 

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if we lose. The Bradley modus operandi is giving up completions but preventing explosive plays… Since the Texans don’t have those guaranteed home run threats, this could actually work against us. I wouldn’t be surprised if Stroud runs for multiple 3rd down conversions. 

I'll predict 17-16.  But who comes out on top in that stinker is a toss up, IMO.

I agree our defense should be able to handle the Texans (if they played like the past week) I get a feeling that AR may go over 300 yards in this game and 50 rushing yards. Pierce and Cox need to up their game and get open and not running lazy routes. The running game will be better this week but only good for 80 yards total.

Colts 20-13

5 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I agree our defense should be able to handle the Texans (if they played like the past week) I get a feeling that AR may go over 300 yards in this game and 50 rushing yards. Pierce and Cox need to up their game and get open and not running lazy routes. The running game will be better this week but only good for 80 yards total.

Colts 20-13

If cox and Jackson  play texans 42 to 21.

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This may be one of the few times that most Colts fans agree on whether we win or lose. This is just my % but I give us a 60% chance of winning. So I have it as 60/40. I am basing it on how we just played the Jags and Houston looked like a stink bomb against the Ravens. 

Sounds about right I think.  AR was definitely better than CJ last week.  However, the game will be AR's first road game, and I also expect CJ to improve a little bit.  I also think AR will be a bit better as well, and I think coach will open up the offense a little more.  60% in favor of Colts sounds about right.  Colts are favored to win -154 last I checked.  (Bet $154 to win $200)

• Like 1