Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AR vs Young vs Stroud vs Levis

csmopar

10 minutes ago, cbear said:

Iirc, the majority of this board was hoping Stroud would fall to us and also that AR was the least favored one, even below Levis.

Stroud was my QB1.

I came around on Richardson over Levis by draft day. Just didn't like Levis' personality. I was out on Bryce Young.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Yup. Very glad for him, that S2 deal just before the draft was some lowdown stuff, the guy can play.

No way was I going to let an S2 score negate all that great stuff I saw in his film and what he did against Georgia. I thought it was amazing the amount of people who really thought it was a huge deal. Even going so far as to call him a bust waiting to happen. I did not buy it for a second.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

No way was I going to let an S2 score negate all that great stuff I saw in his film and what he did against Georgia. I thought it was amazing the amount of people who really thought it was a huge deal. Even going so far as to call him a bust waiting to happen. I did not buy it for a second.

The UGA game was nice, but anything can be put together one game when you have too.  I thought the S2 score was damaging more to Stroud than maybe any other QB because there were already questions around whether or not his success was aided a lot by talent and scheme at OSU.  Stroud could certainly throw the ball, but processing well enough for the NFL wasn't something he really had to demonstrate.  Not that he didn't have it, it just wasn't evident.  Then the test results come out and it didn't answer some of he main questions that were never answered in college. 

I'm saying this as someone who had Stroud above the other QBs.  Stroud was 1a and Levis 1b, but it was always Stroud over Levis if the two were there at 4. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DougDew said:

The UGA game was nice, but anything can be put together one game when you have too.  I thought the S2 score was damaging more to Stroud than maybe any other QB because there were already questions around whether or not his success was aided a lot by talent and scheme at OSU.  Stroud could certainly throw the ball, but processing well enough for the NFL wasn't something he really had to demonstrate.  Not that he didn't have it, it just wasn't evident.  Then the test results come out and it didn't answer some of he main questions that were never answered in college. 

I'm saying this as someone who had Stroud above the other QBs.  Stroud was 1a and Levis 1b, but it was always Stroud over Levis if the two were there at 4. 

I was Stroud and Levis as well. I really liked Stroud and was hoping he would fall to #4. Just a hunch but I think the Colts would have been really happy with him as well. 

A lot depends on if the Texans can put together a competitive team but I think Stroud will have a better career than Richardson. However, AR may have the best year. 

• Like 1

I was definitely high on stroud and was ok with AR if we got him.  I would’ve been ok with young also but he was number three.  Worst case scenario for me was getting Levis, especially after the combine.  

In hindsight, I think we would’ve been ok with stroud, AR, or Young.  All 3 have shown they belong.  Unfortunately, young plays for a coach who can’t get out of his own way.  

I feel like Stroud will always be a much better passer, but AR has the mobility wild card.  I honestly think Stroud will put up better numbers, but we weren't going to be able to draft him anyway.  AR still looks like he has potential to be great as well, so that's fine.  One advantage of AR not being as good is less salary cap hit once he gets his first big contract.  That sounds dumb, but it opens the door to keeping our other big players.  You can win with a top 10 QB, they don't have to be the absolute best.

• Like 1

Stroud will be without his Oline again Sunday. Last week they didn’t give up any sacks. But a lot different with Steelers. Bryce Young is back too. Still think they say him a week so he could sit and watch a game.

8 hours ago, Catloaf said:

I feel like Stroud will always be a much better passer, but AR has the mobility wild card.  I honestly think Stroud will put up better numbers, but we weren't going to be able to draft him anyway.  AR still looks like he has potential to be great as well, so that's fine.  One advantage of AR not being as good is less salary cap hit once he gets his first big contract.  That sounds dumb, but it opens the door to keeping our other big players.  You can win with a top 10 QB, they don't have to be the absolute best.

Mmm he will get that big contract. Hadn’t stopped bills from giving Allen one. 

8 hours ago, Catloaf said:

Smaller contract equals less in demand.  That's not an advantage 

On 9/25/2023 at 3:27 PM, Superman said:

Stroud was my QB1.

I came around on Richardson over Levis by draft day. Just didn't like Levis' personality. I was out on Bryce Young.

same here, but ballard must have liked ar the best or he would have went all out to move up. ballard knew more than i did  about them and ar may turn out to be the best

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Stroud is going to win rookie of the year. Another 300 yard game today. He looks really good. 

If we had won this game today, people would have their hair on fire about Richardson after the comeback. Anthony has a chance still. If we win this division, how can you not give it to him... lets see how it all plays out before we crown anyone.

• Like 2

Stroud has been the best so far.  After that I much rather be the team that gave up nothing for Richardson than the team that traded the farm for Young.  Not only has Richardson been better than Young so far but the Colts will be in better position to build around him for the future.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Stroud has been the best so far.  After that I much rather be the team that gave up nothing for Richardson than the team that traded the farm for Young.  Not only has Richardson been better than Young so far but the Colts will be in better position to build around him for the future.

I don’t think you can say one has been better. They are just different. Richarsson plays in a different way you are not going to be able to look at a box score and understand his impact. Yes stroud has been good padding but richarsson has done things stroud can’t do. Both broke a couple rookie QB records today.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think you can say one has been better. They are just different. Richarsson plays in a different way you are not going to be able to look at a box score and understand his impact. Yes stroud has been good padding but richarsson has done things stroud can’t do. Both broke a couple rookie QB records today.

My opinion is Stroud has been better but I will say the gap between Stroud and Richardson is much smaller than the gap between either of them and Young at this point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stroud and AR both look good, Young looks like the odd ball out right now. That surprises me really because I thought Young would be good right off the bat because of his football IQ.

Texans did stroud right and got a OC that has QB friendly offense. I have no clue what panthers are doing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stroud and AR both look good, Young looks like the odd ball out right now. That surprises me really because I thought Young would be good right off the bat because of his football IQ.

Young was paired with Frank Reich whose system has gotten a little stale and needs a vet like QB to pull it off, IMO. Glad we have the right guy to tutor a young QB in Steichen that adapts fast. We would have been like the Panthers if we had kept Reich.

On 9/25/2023 at 3:27 PM, Superman said:

Stroud was my QB1.

Stroud was my 1 because  he was such a smooth passer. Richardson  2 and Levis  third. I expected Bryce to be gone and he was.

11 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nah Stroud has been better than Richardson  so far as far as passing  is concerned. Plus Stroud doesn't  have an int after 4 games which is impressive. I think texans are probably  favorites  for division title considering their schedule. 

38 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Nah Stroud has been better than Richardson  so far as far as passing  is concerned. Plus Stroud doesn't  have an int after 4 games which is impressive. I think texans are probably  favorites  for division title considering their schedule. 

I don't know about them winning the division, it will be a close race between all 4 teams IMO. We already have a win at Houston which is huge. Jacks plays the Bills this week, good luck with that. Josh Allen is on a hot roll!

On 9/29/2023 at 4:58 PM, OLD FAN MAN said:

same here, but ballard must have liked ar the best or he would have went all out to move up. ballard knew more than i did  about them and ar may turn out to be the best

Based on what they said, I think Richardson was the Colts QB1. I'm fine with that, I can see what Richardson has that Stroud doesn't, and why a team might favor him. Over time, he might wind up being the better player. But as a passer, I felt like Stroud was definitely the best prospect.

Even then, both Stroud and Richardson are outperforming my expectations so far.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

Based on what they said, I think Richardson was the Colts QB1. I'm fine with that, I can see what Richardson has that Stroud doesn't, and why a team might favor him. Over time, he might wind up being the better player. But as a passer, I felt like Stroud was definitely the best prospect.

Yeah, definitely this.

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yep that’s where I am.  I might think Stroud is off to a better start but I am in no way disappointed in Richardson I think he’s doing better than I expected.