Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AR vs Young vs Stroud vs Levis

csmopar

4 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

Ha, we’ll need it. The Jags are the big boys in the division now until someone else can prove otherwise. I think Stingley got hurt too so Trevor will likely have a field day with our DBs. 

I know Colts have a tough game this week too, but the Ravens are definitely looking a lot more beatable than they have in years past. Good luck! 

Yeah I have us losing this week, Ravens might win the SB this year. That was my before season pick to win the SB. Jags are good but beatable. Maybe Stroud has his coming out party this week and shocks everyone. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I have us losing this week, Ravens might win the SB this year. That was my before season pick to win the SB. Jags are good but beatable. Maybe Stroud has his coming out party this week and shocks everyone. 

Hey, losing to the Colts early in the regular season is a good luck charm to win it all, or at least playing a close game.

2019 Chiefs and 2022 Chiefs lost to Colts. 2013 Seahawks lost to Luck and the Colts, lol, so did the 2015 Broncos :) 

Of course, the exception to everything is a Tom Brady led team in 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020

2013 Seahawks - lost to Colts

2015 Broncos - lost to Colts

2019 Chiefs - lost to Colts

2021 Rams - almost lost to Colts till Eason threw an INT

2022 Chiefs - lost to Colts

Yeah, 2017 Eagles is the only one who didn't play the Colts. Just pointing out useless trivia. 😄

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hey, losing to the Colts early in the regular season is a good luck charm to win it all, or at least playing a close game.

2019 Chiefs and 2022 Chiefs lost to Colts. 2013 Seahawks lost to Luck and the Colts, lol, so did the 2015 Broncos :) 

Of course, the exception to everything is a Tom Brady led team in 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020

2013 Seahawks - lost to Colts

2015 Broncos - lost to Colts

2019 Chiefs - lost to Colts

2021 Rams - almost lost to Colts till Eason threw an INT

2022 Chiefs - lost to Colts

Yeah, 2017 Eagles is the only one who didn't play the Colts. Just pointing out useless trivia. 😄

Isn't that part of what forums are for:D

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Panther fans and media are speculating panthers are making up an injury for young so it does not look like he is getting benched. Reich said he does not know where he got hurt.

In fairness Shane said the samething about Richardson Sunday too.  I know it’s days later vs the heat of the moment but sometimes coaches doesn’t know exactly when an injury happens.  I also think they are much more concerned about when they will be back and what they have to do to get them back than when they got hurt.  

Also, making up injury is risky business because if the NFL finds out that will be discipline city.  Odds are he is at least somewhat banged up because no team is giving up on the top pick of the draft that they traded up to get after two games and if you bench them that’s pretty much what you are doing.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stroud has been sacked 11 times so far. 5 by the Ravens and 6 by us. It is a matter of time something happens to him too. You can't take those kinds of hits every week.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/c-j-stroud-returns-to-full-practice-but-is-on-arm-management-plan

C.J. Stroud returns to full practice but is on “arm management plan”

Texans quarterback C.J. Stroud returned to a full practice Thursday after a limited practice Wednesday. He has right shoulder soreness, initially popping up on the injury report Friday...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/c-j-stroud-returns-to-full-practice-but-is-on-arm-management-plan

C.J. Stroud returns to full practice but is on “arm management plan”

Texans quarterback C.J. Stroud returned to a full practice Thursday after a limited practice Wednesday. He has right shoulder soreness, initially popping up on the injury report Friday...

It doesn't surprise me.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

In fairness Shane said the samething about Richardson Sunday too.  I know it’s days later vs the heat of the moment but sometimes coaches doesn’t know exactly when an injury happens.  I also think they are much more concerned about when they will be back and what they have to do to get them back than when they got hurt.  

Also, making up injury is risky business because if the NFL finds out that will be discipline city.  Odds are he is at least somewhat banged up because no team is giving up on the top pick of the draft that they traded up to get after two games and if you bench them that’s pretty much what you are doing.  

Except Reich said this after watching tape the next day. 

7 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Panther fans and media are speculating panthers are making up a injury for young so it does not look like he is getting benched. Reich said he does not know where he got hurt.

Steve Smith goes in hard about the lack of creativity within the Panthers offense! Sounds like everything that happened here last year with Reich in Indy

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Sounds fishy for a guy that finished the game.

I can't even believe Andy Dalton is still playing. I thought he would retire at the end of last year - dude is washed. Frank's team is a mess. I am starting to think we got lucky AR was there at #4. I guess Stroud has a shoulder problem as well but expected to play as of now. 

16 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Panther fans and media are speculating panthers are making up an injury for young so it does not look like he is getting benched. Reich said he does not know where he got hurt.

Wait, Young is hurt?

25 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Sounds fishy for a guy that finished the game.

Could have happened in practice

8 hours ago, krunk said:

I wonder if Reich is even going to make it past year 1 in Carolina.

At this point he may be lucky to make it to the bye week

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ankle, he is out Sunday.

Yeah just saw that. So reich now has his what, 10th different QB starting in the last 7 years

This will be the last comment about Kid YOUNGster…I just now made this up…

Can you imagine Jack Palance saying to Young what he said to Billy Crystal in City Slickers?:lol:

Could Coach Reich have spoken up a little (pun intended) more about selecting AR?:grumpy2:

Is the reality of SHRINKFLATION occurring in the NFL?:thinking:

Go, Colts Fans!

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Some won’t like this but so far I think Stroud was the QB to get in this class.  I think Richardson has a chance to catch him but Stroud has been really good.

Stroud's a good QB. He'll be really good when he gets protection and better weapons.

Richardson is generational.

One has the buttons and knots down, the other is getting taught the position. See where they are even now. Peep it at the end of the season. Check back in two years.

1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

Stroud's a good QB. He'll be really good when he gets protection and better weapons.

Richardson is generational.

One has the buttons and knots down, the other is getting taught the position. See where they are even now. Peep it at the end of the season. Check back in two years.

Richardson needs to finish game before he even enters the generational talk.  He has the tools to be special but if he can’t stay healthy it doesn’t matter. 

I do agree judging them now or even the end of the year is too soon to make final grades but I am just going on what I’ve seen through three games which is why I said as of now.  Clearly a lot more time is needed to pass final grades.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Richardson needs to finish game before he even enters the generational talk.  He has the tools to be special but if he can’t stay healthy it doesn’t matter. 

I do agree judging them now or even the end of the year is too soon to make final grades but I am just going on what I’ve seen through three games which is why I said as of now.  Clearly a lot more time is needed to pass final grades.

I went mega because if you're going by so far, Stroud's best trait has been his availability, outside of that I doubt Steichen would trade his QB for Stroud, not even a grain of doubt. AR has been legit.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Some won’t like this but so far I think Stroud was the QB to get in this class.  I think Richardson has a chance to catch him but Stroud has been really good.

The thing with stroud is everything had to be perfect. Can’t create when a play has broken down. I think I would rather have Richardson because the play is never dead. Going to be fun watching them battle for years. Young looks so overwhelmed.

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The thing with stroud is everything had to be perfect. Can’t create when a play has broken down. I think I would rather have Richardson because the play is never dead. Going to be fun watching them battle for years. Young looks so overwhelmed.

I’d agree with that to an extent.  Stroud can move, he’s not like Matt Ryan or Peyton Manning.  No he’s not Richardson but some of that is his choosing.  Look at the playoff game last year, he ran a lot and was effective.  In fact if you ask Ohio State fans they will tell you they begged for Stroud to run more for years.

The only knock on Richardson so far is health.  Are people making too big of deal out of it?  Only time will tell.  

I would agree so far Richardson looks better than Young.  Honestly if you asked me which one looked like he was drafted on potential and wasn’t NFL ready yet and which one was the polished college QB I’d say Young was the first and Richardson was the latter.  

I will also agree I’d rather be the Colts or Texans right now than the Panthers when it comes to QBs but it’s also only been three games.  This could change a lot by the end of the year and probably will change a lot in two or three years.  

• Like 1

That boy CJ Stroud is coming along rather nicely! Anybody still wanting to place stigma on him over that S2 score is looking really bad right now! CJ said I don't do tests but I'm a certified football player though! That's why through the whole process I was screaming "Give me CJ or Give me Death!". Love me some AR too though of course. Just had to point that out.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, krunk said:

That boy CJ Stroud is coming along rather nicely! Anybody still wanting to place stigma on him over that S2 score is looking really bad right now! CJ said I don't do tests but I'm a certified football player though! That's why through the whole process I was screaming "Give me CJ or Give me Death!". Love me some AR too though of course. Just had to point that out.

Exactly CJ is good and what makes AR better is Shane. I don't think we would have a similar conversation if Frank or any other HC was here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Exactly CJ is good and what makes AR better is Shane. I don't think we would have a similar conversation if Frank or any other HC was here.

This is an odd way to look at it. AR is better because of Shane and that's a good thing. You're painting a picture that Stroud is good regardless of coaching?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

This is an odd way to look at it. AR is better because of Shane and that's a good thing. You're painting a picture that Stroud is good regardless of coaching?

Yes bc Stroud is a pocket passer who fits in virtually any system other than something asking him to run a lot. AR has tools and good pocket presence but he wouldn't fit in most pocket passing systems bc he is not an accomplished pocket passer. He is best with a coach like Steichen who can scheme around his flaws and maximize his athleticism. Not every coach can or is willing to do that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Yes bc Stroud is a pocket passer who fits in virtually any system other than something asking him to run a lot. AR has tools and good pocket presence but he wouldn't fit in most pocket passing systems bc he is not an accomplished pocket passer. He is best with a coach like Steichen who can scheme around his flaws and maximize his athleticism. Not every coach can or is willing to do that.

Stroud is a good pocket passer but needs a clean pocket to be good. AR can create on his own, both will probably end up good in the long run.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Stroud was the best QB in the draft, IMO.  And it looks that way through 3 games.  He can throw accurately to give his receivers YAC.  Him being able to throw is based upon other players doing their jobs, and in the NFL you expect others to do their jobs too..  AR can survive better than Stroud when its a jail break.

• Like 3