Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

At what point do we start shopping AR, Brents and Freeland?

craigerb

3 minutes ago, craigerb said:

Better something than nothing.

Huh?

Ummm….   Never comes to mind, but certainly not now or even this season.   

You’re reading way, WAY too much into this.   Their deals will likely get done this week.   

Nothing is wrong.   No need to worry at all. 

Honestly.   

• Like 2

Interesting thread here lol. Those 3 do need to sign at some point though. I will admit Ballard generally gets these guys signed before this point, and training camp is starting soon. I'd hate to see a season-ending injury before they sign their contract.

Trading them is ridiculous though. I don't even think we could trade them at this point if they haven't signed their contract yet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'd hate to see a season-ending injury before they sign their contract.

Do you expect them to come to camp before they sign their contracts? If they are smart, they will sign first.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Do you expect them to come to camp before they sign their contracts? If they are smart, they will sign first.

Generally yes. They should sign first. Training camp has a bigger chance of injury than minicamp. I was mentioning injury because Daniel Scott (one of our 5th round picks) already tore his acl this year. Luckily he had already signed before doing so. I'm not sure why they haven't signed to this point. Usually it's language in the contract, but I figured that would be straightened out by now. 

I do expect them to sign in a few days. I admit, it'd scare me a bit in Richardsons case having him play in training camp with contact without being under contract. So I hope they get their contracts signed as soon as possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I admit, it'd scare me a bit in Richardsons case having him play in training camp with contact without being under contract.

I'm surprised he has not signed yet. I wonder what is holding it up. I think holding out will not be received well by the fans, but he certainly should not report before signing a contract. He needs to sign soon so that he does not miss any time in training camp.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

I imagine that before the end of tomorrow, all 3 will be signed (before TC starts), and this thread will be suitably locked and forgotten to the sands of time.

Exactly

No one is holding out

No one is getting traded

No one is practicing in TC w/o a contract

All 3 will be signed when they report to camp.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Regarding Richardson, I suspect they are waiting for CJ Stroud to sign his contract. Last I checked he was still unsigned. Young just signed his so Stroud should be next and then Richardson. 
No idea what is going on with Brents and Freeland. 

8 hours ago, craigerb said:

Better something than nothing.

FYI:

Brents and Freeland have officially signed. 

The team announcement is up on the front page of the website.    As we mentioned earlier, there was no need to worry.   These things always work out.    Better days ahead.   :thmup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

FYI:

Brents and Freeland have officially signed. 

The team announcement is up on the front page of the website.    As we mentioned earlier, there was no need to worry.   These things always work out.    Better days ahead.   :thmup:

Looks like we just need to trade AR now!

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Clearly the Colts caved in response to this thread!      :peek:

That was the point(answer to thread title), where they decided to get something done.

Now the players can go shopping.

Angry Half Baked GIF

Gif is towards me, by the way. 

• Like 1

This has to be a troll.  I think it is great if they hold out.  Better draft picks for next year.  These kids think they have leverage because the roster is bare at their positions.  They are right.  It won't mean much if they cannot play in the NFL.  

NCAA is the NCAA.  This is the real show.  

13 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Interesting thread here lol. Those 3 do need to sign at some point though. I will admit Ballard generally gets these guys signed before this point, and training camp is starting soon. I'd hate to see a season-ending injury before they sign their contract.

Trading them is ridiculous though. I don't even think we could trade them at this point if they haven't signed their contract yet.

Cmon, you're usually sharper than this!  Players don't participate in training camp without contracts!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Cmon, you're usually sharper than this!  Players don't participate in training camp without contracts!

Yeah, you're right. I was just puzzled that it took longer for those 3 to sign their contracts and wasn't 100% sure what would happen if they didn't. Glad everything got straightened out.

• Thanks 1

This is has been Ballard’s pattern with high draft picks.  They sign right before camp.  I thinks it’s just more that they are slotted so there is no must get this done.  They just have to get it done before camp which they did.  So Ballard focuses on other things snd knocks out the contracts for the high picks right before camp starts.  IE nothing to see here and carry on as most were.