Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WHO Will This Year's "Ring of Honor" Inductee Be?

sb41champs

10 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’d love to see Andrew in it one day. 

Cbs No GIF by HULUNot Gonna Happen No Way GIF by FaZe ClanSass No GIF by Reba McEntireDiscover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

2 hours ago, sb41champs said:

Your opinion please:

WHICH former Colts player do YOU think deserves to be this year's "Ring of Honor" inductee?

I'll kick off this thread by sharing my humble opinion.

DALLAS CLARK!!!

Clark would be cool. And deserving. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Cool. You guys can be stuck in the past and mad for the rest of your lives, then. Enjoy it

Not mad at all. Luck didn’t do anything near what the level for RoH is. And for the record, I don’t think Harbarugh should be there either.  But Luck damaged this franchise and set them back a decade at least. That far out weighs 3 , 11 win seasons. 

• Like 4

Pro Football Reference has a "Weighted Average Value" score, that tries to assign a single number to the player's value.

Existing Ring of Honor and their wAV scores

Peyton Manning - 176

Marshall Faulk - 132

Marvin Harrison - 123

Jeff Saturday - 118

Reggie Wayne - 116

Edgerrin James - 113

Eric Dickerson - 92

Tarik Glenn - 87

Dwight Freeney - 81

Chris Hinton - 79

Jim Harbaugh - 79

Robert Mathis - 67

Bill Brooks - 57

Colts Drafted Players with the highest wAV's

Andre Rison - 77

Chris Chandler - 77

Ray Donaldson - 77

Mike Peterson - 73

Andrew Luck - 72

TY Hilton - 72

Ryan Diem - 72

My money for the next Ring of Honor recipient is --- Ray Donaldson

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Pro Football Reference has a "Weighted Average Value" score, that tries to assign a single number to the player's value.

Existing Ring of Honor and their wAV scores

Peyton Manning - 176

Marshall Faulk - 132

Marvin Harrison - 123

Jeff Saturday - 118

Reggie Wayne - 116

Edgerrin James - 113

Eric Dickerson - 92

Tarik Glenn - 87

Dwight Freeney - 81

Chris Hinton - 79

Jim Harbaugh - 79

Robert Mathis - 67

Bill Brooks - 57

Colts Drafted Players with the highest wAV's

Andre Rison - 77

Chris Chandler - 77

Ray Donaldson - 77

Mike Peterson - 73

Andrew Luck - 72

TY Hilton - 72

Ryan Diem - 72

My money for the next Ring of Honor recipient is --- Ray Donaldson

Wth kind of list is this?  Faulk above Marv, Reggie, & Edge???  He didn’t do as much for the Shoe as those guys.  And Jeff that high over Freeney & Mathis?  Makes no sense to me. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Wth kind of list is this?  Faulk above Marv, Reggie, & Edge???  He didn’t do as much for the Shoe as those guys.  And Jeff that high over Freeney & Mathis?  Makes no sense to me. 

Their wAV rating is over the player's entire career, not just for what they did with a single team.

5 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

Bob Sanders! One of the MAIN reasons for the SB run was his return from injury as the defense started laying some wood on opponents.

I could get behind that. Another player we seem to overlooked and give no credit to is Joseph Addai. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Luck was good, not good enough over other deserving players IMO. Let’s put blue in there

So a * mascot is more valuable then Andrew Luck getting a crap roster to the AFC championship. :facepalm:

13 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Yeah I go by what a player has done in a Colts uniform only = win shares and statistically. Top 5 Indianapolis Colts should be:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Marvin Harrison

3. Dwight Freeney

4. Reggie Wayne

5. Robert Mathis

-Bob Sanders gets an honorable Mention with his DPOY in 2007 and his dominating playoff run in our SB win season (2006). When he played we rarely lost.

Remember Indianapolis Colts players only, players that played in Baltimore I did not include

• Like 3

Some people can laugh all they want about me wanting Luck in it one day, but the dude gave his body for this franchise. If not for the worst GM in the history of football and cruddy drafting, Luck easily could have won a SB with the team he had around him. 

Take your freaking negativity and hate elsewhere. 

44 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Some people can laugh all they want about me wanting Luck in it one day, but the dude gave his body for this franchise. If not for the worst GM in the history of football and cruddy drafting, Luck easily could have won a SB with the team he had around him. 

Any good QB learns to get rid of the ball and to limit the big hits.

Luck stank at the short game, loved over targeting TY on the deep ball, had no idea how to slide, as was often commented, he played more like a LB.

And got pounded on his back over and over not understanding that his body would not stay forever young.

In the End, he had plenty of $$$, so he QUIT! 

He didn't want a Ring bad enough, so I say no rush on his name there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Any good QB learns to get rid of the ball and to limit the big hits.

Luck stank at the short game, loved over targeting TY on the deep ball, had no idea how to slide, as was often commented, he played more like a LB.

And got pounded on his back over and over not understanding that his body would not stay forever young.

In the End, he had plenty of $$$, so he QUIT! 

He didn't want a Ring bad enough, so I say no rush on his name there.

I will never change anyone's mind about Luck that doesn't like him or thinks he doesn't belong in ROH, I am ok with it. Having said that, in 2018 Luck had arguably his best season ever and it was due to a short passing game. So he adapted fine but by then he was damaged goods because of the previous regime we had = facts. The system Frank Reich had for him was perfect. Luck had an average coach and terrible GM his first 5 years in the league and still managed to carry the team to 3 11 win seasons and an AFC Title Game.

Let me ask you and @csmoparthis, how do you guys feel about Barry Sanders? I bet you guys love him and think he did nothing wrong lmao , he quit on the Lions in reality and had at least 3 or 4 great years left. He cheated every football fan around the world out of great football and could have had the rushing record. I bet you guys are ok with him though  chuckling homer simpson GIF

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will never change anyone's mind about Luck that doesn't like him or thinks he doesn't belong in ROH, I am ok with it. Having said that, in 2018 Luck had arguably his best season ever and it was due to a short passing game. So he adapted fine but by then he was damaged goods because of the previous regime we had = facts. The system Frank Reich had for him was perfect. Luck had an average coach and terrible GM his first 5 years in the league and still managed to carry the team to 3 11 win seasons and an AFC Title Game.

Let me ask you and @csmoparthis, how do you guys feel about Barry Sanders? I bet you guys love him and think he did nothing wrong lmao , he quit on the Lions in reality and had at least 3 or 4 great years left. He cheated every football fan around the world out of great football and could have had the rushing record. I bet you guys are ok with him though  chuckling homer simpson GIF

Actually, my feelings about Barry Sanders, Vontae Davis and others who randomly quit on their teams are all the same as the ones I have toward Luck. I’ve stated as such.  Thought I place Lucks timing up there with Vontaes as a slap in the face. At least Sanders was before training camp and not on the eve of week 1.  That said, I think there needs to be a rule, player X retires after say the draft will forgo any remaining guaranteed monies.