Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

6 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

The results of this AR experiment potentially could change a lot.

If it works, it's a massive data point for the idea that teams can just grab just any uber-athletic QB with a big arm and mold him into an NFL-caliber passer. I mean...if you can fix/develop a QB that young with that type of short-area accuracy, in theory, you could fix/develop just about any QB (assuming they have the drive).

How does that impact the top of the draft? Will more QBs go in R1? Or will teams start taking a lot more Day 2 swings on traitsy QBs?

Also, what does that mean for QBs in college? If a QB can just get paid and get drafted by a team eager to develop him with NFL coaching, why go back? What value is there in trying to put another college season on tape if teams are already fine with betting on upside? I imagine we would see a lot more guys coming out after 3 years, regardless of how well that season went.

It's very interesting. Like any sport, there are traditionalists that probably hate it. 

It's not a totally raw prospect, and it certainly doesn't mean that any such QB can be developed. 

Colts haven't blindly taken him in hope that he'll learn. They have seen enough pocket  passing traits in him in his limited experience to justify the trust, regardless of whether it works out or not. 

He's very dynamic before the snap - reading the defense, communicating and changing protections, not sure plays, but it seems he's very comfortable in the process before the snap. Cam Newton used to be lively there as well. Richardson can stand behind the pocket and go through progressions and he could even do that while evading pressure moving around the pocket, before taking off for a run even becomes an option for him. He's not learned to throw with desirable touch and anticipation but he's been able to throw from intermediate range onwards better because of the arm strength. He's been able to track the defensive alignment changes after the snap (good mobile QBs do that well as it helps find the running lanes), and able to go through progressions and reads at least to an extent where he's not totally raw. I'm sure coaches and scouts have gone through what he can do in much more detail. 

No one knows whether it will produce positive results with Richardson, but that's their educated and trained guess to give up #4 pick. 

So, we can't say any QB with athletic traits with limited pocket passing experience can be molded in the NFL. 

But, I get your point, it would change the conventional QB scouting to an extent, but scouting as now and will always have to take into account many aspects that they evaluate to ensure they already see a lot of progress in a QB, knowing exactly what they'll need to coach to get him to be a franchise QB. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, fire cartier said:

last 3 draft  Florida had zero wr,s drafted  they all sucked. they had min 10 to 15 drops  a  game .

2021 Logged 115 yards and a touchdown on four rushing attempts and completed 3-of-3 passes for a total of 152 yards and two touchdowns against South Florida (Sept. 11)… Recorded 160 rushing yards on seven carries and completed 3-of-8 passes for a total of 40 yards, in addition to scoring his first-career rushing touchdown on a career-best 73-yards run, during Florida’s season opener against Florida Atlantic (Sept. 4) play 8 games that year. as a 2021 (Redshirt Freshman): 

Ok that's great. All I'm saying is AR is gonna take his share of lumps, but he'll be better for it. Colts just aren't really to compete imo

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

It's not a totally raw prospect, and it certainly doesn't mean that any such QB can be developed. 

Colts haven't blindly taken him in hope that he'll learn. They have seen enough pocket  passing traits in him in his limited experience to justify the trust, regardless of whether it works out or not. 

He's very dynamic before the snap - reading the defense, communicating and changing protections, not sure plays, but it seems he's very comfortable in the process before the snap. Cam Newton used to be lively there as well. Richardson can stand behind the pocket and go through progressions and he could even do that while evading pressure moving around the pocket, before taking off for a run even becomes an option for him. He's not learned to throw with desirable touch and anticipation but he's been able to throw from intermediate range onwards better because of the arm strength. He's been able to track the defensive alignment changes after the snap (good mobile QBs do that well as it helps find the running lanes), and able to go through progressions and reads at least to an extent where he's not totally raw. I'm sure coaches and scouts have gone through what he can do in much more detail. 

No one knows whether it will produce positive results with Richardson, but that's their educated and trained guess to give up #4 pick. 

So, we can't say any QB with athletic traits with limited pocket passing experience can be molded in the NFL. 

But, I get your point, it would change the conventional QB scouting to an extent, but scouting as now and will always have to take into account many aspects that they evaluate to ensure they already see a lot of progress in a QB, knowing exactly what they'll need to coach to get him to be a franchise QB. 

Even a well-established exec like Dodds apparently had reservations about AR's experience. So I think turning a 20 year-old traitsy QB with only 13 games in college into a legit franchise QB will and should change how QBs are scouted. Other teams will certainly come to similar educated and trained guesses about QBs. I bet it happens next season.

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Even a well-established exec like Dodds apparently had reservations about AR's experience. So I think turning a 20 year-old traitsy QB with only 13 games in college into a legit franchise QB will and should change how QBs are scouted. Other teams will certainly come to similar educated and trained guesses about QBs. I bet it happens next season.

It only happens if we are successful. If Richardson has a successful career every team will start looking for athletic qbs to develop

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

The results of this AR experiment potentially could change a lot.

If it works, it's a massive data point for the idea that teams can just grab just any uber-athletic QB with a big arm and mold him into an NFL-caliber passer. I mean...if you can fix/develop a QB that young with that type of short-area accuracy, in theory, you could fix/develop just about any QB (assuming they have the drive).

How does that impact the top of the draft? Will more QBs go in R1? Or will teams start taking a lot more Day 2 swings on traitsy QBs?

Also, what does that mean for QBs in college? If a QB can just get paid and get drafted by a team eager to develop him with NFL coaching, why go back? What value is there in trying to put another college season on tape if teams are already fine with betting on upside? I imagine we would see a lot more guys coming out after 3 years, regardless of how well that season went.

It's very interesting. Like any sport, there are traditionalists that probably hate it. 

Yeah, me I used to be a traditionalist.  I liked 3 yds and a cloud of dust.  I didn't like the downfield passing game and then started enjoying it with manning.  Didn't like running QBs because none ever won  a title.   Pocket passers were the ones that always wion .Now I just want to win.  Get the ball across the line by any means necessary.

Hurts was a fairly good passer in CFB, and he looks great.  I don't consider Mahomes in the new mold.  He's a pocket passer who can move and use arm angles, but there have been guys like that before, not as good but similar.

If AR can score the football with primarily a running attack, the whole league will jump on the bandwagon.  It will be interesting to see. 

16 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

dude can throw a ball far and is super athletic but is inaccurate.. going to be fun watching us be bad again. 

I will be pleasantly surprised if he turns into an elite quarterback. I just don’t see it.

• Like 1

Just now, Blueblood23 said:

I will be pleasantly surprised if he turns into an elite quarterback. I just don’t see it.

Same, obviously hoping I'm wrong but don't see him being good. yeah he can scramble and launch a ball far cool so can a lot of QBs.. Can he hit a Wr in stride doing slants/ins/outs.. no he has shown us hes inaccurate doing it. we don't even have Wr. that get much separation to help him with that either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

The popular narrative was that he didn't get any coaching, but that sounds like it was too much coaching.

I'm not sure where that narrative came from, but it doesn't seem to hold up. It is possible that he was receiving mixed messages from different people for a while, though.

Either way, I would expect that the coaching and training he gets over the next year will be much better and more focused. If he can actually work as an NFL QB, the best way for him to develop will be on an NFL roster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

Same, obviously hoping I'm wrong but don't see him being good. yeah he can scramble and launch a ball far cool so can a lot of QBs.. Can he hit a Wr in stride doing slants/ins/outs.. no he has shown us hes inaccurate doing it. we don't even have Wr. that get much separation to help him with that either.

Levis is on the Titans. Maybe you should adopt them as your new team?

If you could be shown any of this on film would you stop with this?  Or does it matter?

I watched Luck for 3 years stinking it up on short crossing patterns.

He was late, high, and threw to his receivers ear rather than in front and numbers high.

He did NOT throw the bbz Harbaugh touted. 

But he did love the deep ball, and taking a "Nice" hit.

Richardson will be very good at all levels in 3 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

Did anyone really think Allen, Herbert, or Mahomes were going to automatically be elite QBs straight out of the draft? If you said yes you'd be lying to yourself. Richardson has a decent chance to maximize his potential especially considering he is working with Steichen, and has good weapons around him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

He needs reps. It's going to be bad, but he needs the reps. That's what's so interesting about this situation. He's not going to get much from being on the bench, in this rare case he needs more experience instead of watching and learning. 

I'd imagine Shane will give him basic plays to start this season off. Have screen, a QB run, a JT run, and a deep pass and see what happens. 

He does show the ability to stay in the pocket and go through some progressions. Let's get him into OTAs as QB1 and kickstart it now. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Did anyone really think Allen, Herbert, or Mahomes were going to automatically be elite QBs straight out of the draft? If you said yes you'd be lying to yourself. Richardson has a decent chance to maximize his potential especially considering he is working with Steichen, and has good weapons around him. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^. THIS !! ^^^^^^^^^^^^

This might be the best post you’ve ever written.   It is 100% spot on.   Congrats!   I wish I had written it!  

:worthy:       :hat:         :thmup:       :scoregood:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

dude can throw a ball far and is super athletic but is inaccurate.. going to be fun watching us be bad again. 

You know that he may not even see the field this year.  Minshew is the guy until we are out of the playoff hunt. 

32 minutes ago, krunk said:

If you could be shown any of this on film would you stop with this?  Or does it matter?

It won't matter if some see it clear as day, it is a mindset.

But I have plenty of "show me" in me too. It is a given, but I continue to have high hopes for our Colts. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Perhaps more importantly Hurts! He played a different game from everyone.

3700 yes passing 

1000 yes rushing 

15 rushing tds

All set up by a simple RPO based O that freezes LB's and dominates in short yardage.

Richardson already moves magically in the pocket, keeps his head looking downfield, and has effectively looked off safeties. He learned a lot from his college coach.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Myles said:

You know that he may not even see the field this year.  Minshew is the guy until we are out of the playoff hunt. 

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

To be honest, I don’t think Irsay & Co will value a slim play-off chance over getting their coming franchise QB all the playing time he need to progress. I know I wouldn’t, but that is just me preferring the long term gains.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nickster said:

Yeah, me I used to be a traditionalist.  I liked 3 yds and a cloud of dust.  I didn't like the downfield passing game and then started enjoying it with manning.  Didn't like running QBs because none ever won  a title.   Pocket passers were the ones that always wion .Now I just want to win.  Get the ball across the line by any means necessary.

Hurts was a fairly good passer in CFB, and he looks great.  I don't consider Mahomes in the new mold.  He's a pocket passer who can move and use arm angles, but there have been guys like that before, not as good but similar.

If AR can score the football with primarily a running attack, the whole league will jump on the bandwagon.  It will be interesting to see. 

Yeah...I didn't mean to imply that it would shake the entire world of scouting. But it would have to open up some eyes, wouldn't it?

Josh Allen certainly did. And I consider AR to be an even more extreme example, at least according to the metrics. The people who watch tape might see it differently. But if I had to guess, there are quite a few NFL scouts throughout the league that would have passed on drafting AR, at least in R1. 

But if he develops into an elite franchise QB, that perception will be heavily challenged. And the NFL is a copycat league, so I think you will start seeing other college players dubbed the "next AR" and so on...younger, athletic QBs that fit that mold. Will it push them up draft boards and therefore push some of them to declare earlier than usual. I would think it's certainly possible.

Mahomes was pretty much awesome in college. I didn't really look at QBs back then because Luck was here. But I have gone back and watched some of his tape. And even though it's impossible to watch without some hindsight I think you can just see it...the off-platform throws, the arm, the angles. I think his issues stemmed somewhat from being an Air Raid QB, which much like inexperience and accuracy, was a previous red flag for QBs. 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Yeah but if you watch much of his film, of which I watched a fair amount, he's startlingly inaccurate, even not when under pressure, for a top QB pick.

If someone hasn't seen that then they haven't watched much film or has some weird bias. 

Of course some of his passes are accurate. Duh.  No one would say that he never hits the target.  He's very inconsistent with the accuracy and no one except apparently you and a couple other guys on this board are saying anything to the contrary.

There are two questions about this then.

1.  Can he become more accurate?  No one has any way of knowing this until it happens one way or the other.  

2.  But further, does it matter with a guy with his athleticism?   This is a very interesting question.

But he's certainly unprecedented as a high draft pick having this bad of accuracy issues.  He also had no real success in CFB.  The talent level is low for FL apparently, but still it's unique that an under 500 CFB QB with stark accuracy issues was a top 4 pick.

People cite Vick.  Vick was plenty accurate compared to his peers for the way the game was played back then.   He actually led the nation in passing efficiency his 1st year and led VT to the title game with an undefeated record.  That's quite a bit different than AR.

I'm not against the pick.  I would have tepidly preferred Levis but I am not disappointed with the pick.  Most QBs  bust.  Even top picks so it's likely that AR busts and it's likely that Young, Stroud, and Levis all bust too.  I don't think all of them will, but if you take any of the 4 individual the smart bet most of the time is that the player is not going to end up being great. 

AR is intriguing and it will be an interesting watch to see how he develops.  I wouldn't be surprised either way if he flops completely as a viable NFL franchise QB, or becomes a star in this league.  We've never seen anything like it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Yeah...I didn't mean to imply that it would shake the entire world of scouting. But it would have to open up some eyes, wouldn't it?

Josh Allen certainly did. And I consider AR to be an even more extreme example, at least according to the metrics. The people who watch tape might see it differently. But if I had to guess, there are quite a few NFL scouts throughout the league that would have passed on drafting AR, at least in R1. 

But if he develops into an elite franchise QB, that perception will be heavily challenged. And the NFL is a copycat league, so I think you will start seeing other college players dubbed the "next AR" and so on...younger, athletic QBs that fit that mold. Will it push them up draft boards and therefore push some of them to declare earlier than usual. I would think it's certainly possible.

Mahomes was pretty much awesome in college. I didn't really look at QBs back then because Luck was here. But I have gone back and watched some of his tape. And even though it's impossible to watch without some hindsight I think you can just see it...the off-platform throws, the arm, the angles. I think his issues stemmed somewhat from being an Air Raid QB, which much like inexperience and accuracy, was a previous red flag for QBs. 

Agreed about Mahomes.  I think it was the non NFL type of O as much as anything else that had GMs passing on him. 

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

1.  Can he become more accurate?  No one has any way of knowing this until it happens one way or the other.  

2.  But further, does it matter with a guy with his athleticism?   This is a very interesting question.

1) I think it's almost certain he'll become more accurate. It's hard to imagine any young QB not getting somewhat better with the right circumstances. But whether he will improve enough to be a reliable passer is the concern for me. I wouldn't say I'm skeptical, but I'm definitely not blindly optimistic. 

2) It absolutely matters. Maybe his athleticism can help bridge the gap while he refines his passing, but eventually, like everyone else, his success will depend largely on his ability to be productive and efficient from the pocket. Can't do that without at least a moderate baseline of passing accuracy.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Yeah but if you watch much of his film, of which I watched a fair amount, he's startlingly inaccurate, even not when under pressure, for a top QB pick.

If someone hasn't seen that then they haven't watched much film or has some weird bias. 

Of course some of his passes are accurate. Duh.  No one would say that he never hits the target.  He's very inconsistent with the accuracy and no one except apparently you and a couple other guys on this board are saying anything to the contrary.

But he's certainly unprecedented as a high draft pick having this bad of accuracy issues.  He also had no real success in CFB.  The talent level is low for FL apparently, but still it's unique that an under 500 CFB QB with stark accuracy issues was a top 4 pick.

People cite Vick.  Vick was plenty accurate compared to his peers for the way the game was played back then.   He actually led the nation in passing efficiency his 1st year and led VT to the title game with an undefeated record.  That's quite a bit different than AR.

I'm not against the pick.  I would have tepidly preferred Levis but I am not disappointed with the pick.  Most QBs  bust.  Even top picks so it's likely that AR busts and it's likely that Young, Stroud, and Levis all bust too.  I don't think all of them will, but if you take any of the 4 individual the smart bet most of the time is that the player is not going to end up being great. 

AR is intriguing and it will be an interesting watch to see how he develops.  I wouldn't be surprised either way if he flops completely as a viable NFL franchise QB, or becomes a star in this league.  We've never seen anything like it. 

Not the question.  His question was "Can he hit a Wr in stride doing slants/ins/outs.."  My answer is it can be seen in his film that he can.   What we need to know is can he increase the consistency?  That's the real question, but it's pretty unfair to say a 20 year old who hasn't had that much work in the passing game will not be able to improve with slants and outs.  And what is the plan for our passing game anyway?  How much of these throws that you/he wants to see will our passing game consist of?  For instance I don't recall us throwing many slants in the Air Coryall we had with Chudzinski.  Will Steichen be similar?  Im not sure.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

1) I think it's almost certain he'll become more accurate. It's hard to imagine any young QB not getting somewhat better with the right circumstances. But whether he will improve enough to be a reliable passer is the concern for me. I wouldn't say I'm skeptical, but I'm definitely not blindly optimistic. 

2) It absolutely matters. Maybe his athleticism can help bridge the gap while he refines his passing, but eventually, like everyone else, his success will depend largely on his ability to be productive and efficient from the pocket. Can't do that without at least a moderate baseline of passing accuracy.

1.  Accurate enough then.  

2.  Well matters as much then.  Point of the post is can he and others be successful with less accurate arms as a featured runner ala Jalen Hurts and Philly?  Hurts is the featured runner in that attack.  The question is out there as to whether the traditional notion of accuracy is going to be as important going forward when the QBs running is such a threat. ie. guys are going to get open easier as more emphasis defensively is going to be put on the QB out of the backfield.

14 minutes ago, Nickster said:

shhhhh dont tell him this, he will argue with you no matter how many facts you say!

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

Not the question.  His question was "Can he hit a Wr in stride doing slants/ins/outs.."  My answer is it can be seen in his film that he can.   What we need to know is can he increase the consistency?  That's the real question, but it's pretty unfair to say a 20 year old who hasn't had that much work in the passing game will not be able to improve with slants and outs.  And what is the plan for our passing game anyway?  How much of these throws that you/he wants to see will our passing game consist of?  For instance I don't recall us throwing many slants in the Air Coryall we had with Chudzinski.  Will Steichen be similar?  Im not sure.

I guess I just think the poster meant can he do it consistently .  I'm 51 but still have a pretty good arm after about 30 warm ups and up until last year I would throw to my son who played HS football.  So I fit that first part.  I can hit a WR in stride doing slants/ins/outs.  Unless your arm is shot or you could never throw a FB well I'd bet you can too.  At an NFL level of consistency? of course not. 

So I don't think it's that lawyerly type of breakdown of the exact wording that's important here.  If you do, touche'.  Congrats counselor. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nickster said:

1.  Accurate enough then.  

2.  Well matters as much then.  Point of the post is can he and others be successful with less accurate arms as a featured runner ala Jalen Hurts and Philly?  Hurts is the featured runner in that attack.  The question is out there as to whether the traditional notion of accuracy is going to be as important going forward when the QBs running is such a threat. ie. guys are going to get open easier as more emphasis defensively is going to be put on the QB out of the backfield.

1) Right there with you.

2) I think the 'featured runner' aspect can help bridge the gap as the QB develops as a passer. The Hurts path is a great blueprint for the Colts to follow. But I don't think a QB can hold up long term being a featured runner. The new Hurts contract signals, IMO, that the Eagles expect him to hold up over the next few years, and I would expect that they'll also begin to reduce his role as a runner. That might happen right away, based on how they've loaded up on all purpose RBs. 

There's undoubtedly a trend toward more mobile QBs who can play a role in the run game. But I don't think that's necessarily a trend away from QBs who can perform from the pocket. It's just a determination to weaponize the QB's mobility while he develops as a pocket passer. I could be wrong, but I don't think the traditional notion of accuracy is being devalued. I think teams have gotten better at using mobile QBs as they develop.

So I think Richardson's athleticism can help make up for his accuracy issues for a period of time, but eventually, he has to be much better in accuracy, including from the pocket.

from the pocket.

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

I guess I just think the poster meant can he do it consistently .  I'm 51 but still have a pretty good arm after about 30 warm ups and up until last year I would throw to my son who played HS football.  So I fit that first part.  I can hit a WR in stride doing slants/ins/outs.  Unless your arm is shot or you could never throw a FB well I'd bet you can too.  At an NFL level of consistency? of course not. 

So I don't think it's that lawyerly type of breakdown of the exact wording that's important here.  If you do, touche'.  Congrats counselor. 

Thank you, exactly what i ment.. clearly he can throw those, but consistently can he.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

2) I think the 'featured runner' aspect can help bridge the gap as the QB develops as a passer. The Hurts path is a great blueprint for the Colts to follow. But I don't think a QB can hold up long term being a featured runner. The new Hurts contract signals, IMO, that the Eagles expect him to hold up over the next few years, and I would expect that they'll also begin to reduce his role as a runner. That might happen right away, based on how they've loaded up on all purpose RBs. 

I've tended this type of thinking too.  But Boy Baltimore and Philly just bet on it big time with the money they gave to these guys.  I don't think either one of these guys would be very successful without the running game they bring to the table.  Franky, Josh Allen probably fits that bill too.  Will any of these guys be viable dropback guys when and if they lose the mobility?  

I don't think you sign either Jackson or Hurts if you don't count on their running game.  Running less, maybe, but it remains to be seen. 

There's undoubtedly a trend toward more mobile QBs who can play a role in the run game. But I don't think that's necessarily a trend away from QBs who can perform from the pocket. It's just a determination to weaponize the QB's mobility while he develops as a pocket passer. I could be wrong, but I don't think the traditional notion of accuracy is being devalued. I think teams have gotten better at using mobile QBs as they develop.

I definitely think the value of accuracy is valued less.  I don't see Jackson as an NFL QB without the wheels.  Do you?

Fields doesn't go that high and neither does AR.  

So I think Richardson's athleticism can help make up for his accuracy issues for a period of time, but eventually, he has to be much better in accuracy, including from the pocket.

I was without a doubt right there with you until probably this year.  Hurts takes many if not most of their most important runs and they run a lot.   Jackson, he's certainly not making a living between the tackles and man is he ever making a living.   Fields.  and more. 

I think we might see a little more turnover man.  It is not as time consuming to learn how to run RPO and zone read stuff.  More guys are likely going to be able to do this than can drop deep, scan full field, read, and get the ball out. Teams might be willing to pay these running guys to play for 6-8 years an be used up like many of the other positions.  32 or so was usually the downside of the career.  I think guys like Brees, Manning, and Brady have kind of jaded us into seeing top play in mid to late 30s.  8 years of top play from a running type of QB would be just fine with me. 

For whatever it’s worth….

I think Josh Allen has recently expressed a desire to run less.   He believes it will prolong his career.   It may make him less dynamic, but that’s a trade off he’s willing to make.  

Sorry, I can’t link currently,  but the story shouldn’t be hard to find.  

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For whatever it’s worth….

I think Josh Allen has recently expressed a desire to run less.   He believes it will prolong his career.   It may make him less dynamic, but that’s a trade off he’s willing to make.  

Sorry, I can’t link currently,  but the story shouldn’t be hard to find.  

I got you:

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/josh-allen-might-run-less-this-season/1163850?amp=1

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Thanks!   That’s the one.   His career stats say he runs roughly 7-8 times a game.   Would be hard to imagine seeing that drop to perhaps 4-5 times a game.   2-3 runs a game LESS might save his body a lot of wear and tear over the course of a year.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks!   That’s the one.   His career stats say he runs roughly 7-8 times a game.   Would be hard to imagine seeing that drop to perhaps 4-5 times a game.   2-3 runs a game LESS might save his body a lot of wear and tear over the course of a year.  

Kind of makes me worried he's already starting to feel all the hits adding up. Last season he seemed to have some up and down games because of pain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Kind of makes me worried he's already starting to feel all the hits adding up. Last season he seemed to have some up and down games because of pain. 

Don’t forget the Bills have designed runs for him and I don’t mean quarterback sneaks.  Many fans in western New York are hoping they find a real running back to complement him.  He was again the leading rusher on their team and there was no close second.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I thought Herbert was going to be really good. The other two I didn’t see them play in college so obviously not. 

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Don’t forget the Bills have designed runs for him and I don’t mean quarterback sneaks.  Many fans in western New York are hoping they find a real running back to complement him.  He was again the leading rusher on their team and there was no close second.

Tell me about it! I had to endure Singletary as one of my RBs for fantasy... It sucked...

7 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I thought Herbert was going to be really good. The other two I didn’t see them play in college so obviously not. 

Herbert was really good his rookie year with Steichen but regressed a bit with his OC Joe Lombardi his second year.

Plus their running defense is ranked 31st in the league.