Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you rather stay put for Levis and/or Richardson at 4, or trade up for Stroud/Young at 3

Yoshinator

Would you rather stay put at 4 for Richardson/Levis or trade up to 3 for Stroud/Young?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather stay put at 4 for Richardson/Levis or trade up to 3 for Stroud/Young?

• Stay put for Richardson/Levis
    • Trade up to 3 for Stroud/Young

Here's a fun poll I want to hear some answers too. Would you rather stay put at 4 for Richardson/Levis or trade up for Stroud/Young at 3?

Lets say the baseline for trading up to 3 is the 4th pick and the 35th pick to move up one spot to 3. In this hypothetical scenario, the Cards will accept 100%. Also, for the purposes of this poll, you may do this trade when the Cards are on the clock at 3 during the real draft if Stroud/Young are on the board and they will accept.

Let me know what you think!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If at least on of Stroud and Young are still available at 3 I’d definitely consider it. I’m happy we didn’t trade up to 1, but would be fine with going to 3 if the Colts want one over another. 

But if neither are there just stay at 4. 

at this point, I'm good with either guy. I really believe that when you don't have a QB and you have a shot at one that MOST scouts/coaches seem to think has a chance at developing into a good player you should take them.

then you have to be smart. work with them to keep them healthy, accentuate what they do well, and surround them with talent.

I don't know how much time Steichen will be able to spend with the new QB. he's going to be the head coach, with lots of responsibilities. so a lot is going to fall on the OC and the QB coach...

Now, if the coaches and GM really think that a guy like say, Hendon Hooker, is just as talented then trade back. But DON'T miss. And know that if either or both Richardson and Levis end up being really good, that this fan base AND future employers are going to always remember that...

It really depends on what Indy would have to give up to move up 1 spot. If it’s similar to what Chicago gave up to move up 1 spot to get Trubisky, then no way. If it’s for something like Indy’s 4th overall pick, Kenny Moore, and their 3rd round pick, then sure. 

I really think they should stay put and see how the board falls. I think possibly a Young or Stroud may be available to them at 4. And if not and they don’t believe in Richardson, then trade down to acquire extra high 2024 picks, select the best CB available like Gonzalez or Witherspoon, and then in round 2 or so get Hooker at QB. 

1 minute ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Or build the Oline so we have a good run game and protection a QB has a shot to succeed...

C'mon now. it's not the 1970s anymore. The days of the NFL being ruled by great RBs has passed.

even our new coach said we'll "pass to score and run to win"

I believe the second part of that refers to when you've scored enough points to be pretty far ahead, then you can run the ball and the clock to close it out. 

Yes, run the ball. Yes, have a good OL and a good defense

But please we need a QB!!!

28 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

I read on the Cardinals' site they needed Ryan Kelly.  I was hoping something like that could help in a trade. I wouldn't give up much for one spot higher in the draft.

They do need a center.  It could still happen now that we have paid the bonus.  I was hoping for Kelly and a third.

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I will never understand why anyone would want a 25 year old QB coming off an ACL tear

In case you haven’t noticed, due to better health and more favorable rules, quarterbacks are playing much longer.   

Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Ryan, Cousins, Fitzgerald, Tannehill, Wilson, Roethlisberger,  Dalton….    That’s 10 off the top of my head. 

If Hooker turns out to be a very good quarterback, he could easily have an 8-10 year career, maybe longer. 

That’s why. 

27 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I will never understand why anyone would want a 25 year old QB coming off an ACL tear

He said he will be ready for training camp, the acl isnt a big deal.  He might even be able to start week 1 

He would probably be a first round pick if he was younger and still produced in college.  Age is one of the reasons hes not going high

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

In case you haven’t noticed, due to better health and more favorable rules, quarterbacks are playing much longer.   

Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Ryan, Cousins, Fitzgerald, Tannehill, Wilson, Roethlisberger,  Dalton….    That’s 10 off the top of my head. 

If Hooker turns out to be a very good quarterback, he could easily have an 8-10 year career, maybe longer. 

That’s why. 

Tell that to Cam Newton who couldn't make it to 33 or Michael Vick or McNabb. Peyton was done by 37 and had to be carried to the finish line at 38. Brady shouldn't even count when you're barely getting touched compared to most QBs.

19 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

He said he will be ready for training camp, the acl isnt a big deal.  He might even be able to start week 1 

He would probably be a first round pick if he was younger and still produced in college.  Age is one of the reasons hes not going high

No team is letting him start when he's likely starting on the pup list. That's completely ridiculous 

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Tell that to Cam Newton who couldn't make it to 33 or Michael Vick or McNabb. Peyton was done by 37 and had to be carried to the finish line at 38. Brady shouldn't even count when you're barely getting touched compared to most QBs.

Hey, you forgot the most obvious one…..

His name is Andrew Luck!    Hello?!? 

Look,  just because ALL quarterbacks aren’t playing longer doesn’t mean MOST quarterbacks aren’t.   

And by the way, you didn’t even notice how lame using Peyton as an example for your argument is.    As you noted he was 37!!   That would give Hooker a 12 year career.   Hello?  

You helped MY argument NOT yours. 

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hey, you forgot the most obvious one…..

His name is Andrew Luck!    Hello?!? 

Look,  just because ALL quarterbacks aren’t playing longer doesn’t mean MOST quarterbacks aren’t.   

And by the way, you didn’t even notice how lame using Peyton as an example for your argument is.    As you noted he was 37!!   That would give Hooker a 12 year career.   Hello?  

You helped MY argument NOT yours. 

Let's break this down. The guy is 25. No team in their right mind is not gonna put him on the PUP so that's 4-6 games. If he does play, we're talking best case scenario 11-13 games. More likely I'd put it between 2-6. So lets call it a redshirt season. He's 26 now. Unless you think he's Mahomes and gonna rip the league his first year starting, he's basically a rookie getting thrown into the fire. He's 27 now. QBs it usually takes their second or third year to start to get a feel for the NFL. By the time he hits his prime, he's 30. Not including any other injuries that he might get along the way. So you tell me. Is that worth it?

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Let's break this down. The guy is 25. No team in their right mind is not gonna put him on the PUP and then if he does play, we're talking best case scenario 11 games. More likely I'd put it between 2-6. So lets call it a redshirt season. He's 26 now. Unless you think he's Mahomes and gonna rip the league his first year starting, he's basically a rookie getting thrown into the fire. He's 27 now. QBs it usually takes their second or third year to start to get a feel for the NFL. By the time he hits his prime, he's 30. Not including any other injuries that he might get along the way. So you tell me. Is that worth it?

For a second round pick?   Yes.   If you get a quarterback you can win with AFTER the first round, that’s a very good thing.  

I wouldn’t expect much of anything from Hooker his rookie year.  Almost nothing. 

And I’d expect a sub-500 year in 24 as he learns by playing the full season.   But then the curve begins to change and I think the Colts could be winning in 25. 

Hooker is NOT my preferred choice.   I hope Steichen prefers someone at 4.   I’m simply responding to your question how you could never understand.   You painted yourself into a corner by using absolutes like never.   You’ve made a good acceptable situation into a negative because it isn’t what you want because it’s not ideal. 

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

What I don’t understand is what they see in him for a ceiling compared to Levis and Richardson whose ceilings are better. Hooker might be maxed out w.r.t his ceiling with what he showed during his streak last year. Both Levis and Hooker underwhelmed vs Georgia but Levis is the one that has played in a Pro system. So Hooker is being overrated on this board for the “juicy” possibility of picks, picks, more picks….:scratch:

It’s not even considering possibilities of his availability, pure ability wise speaking 

1 hour ago, Gigc said:

C'mon now. it's not the 1970s anymore. The days of the NFL being ruled by great RBs has passed.

even our new coach said we'll "pass to score and run to win"

I believe the second part of that refers to when you've scored enough points to be pretty far ahead, then you can run the ball and the clock to close it out. 

Yes, run the ball. Yes, have a good OL and a good defense

But please we need a QB!!!

I agree we need to draft a QB but tht qb will have a chance with a lot better pass protection than we had last year. We need to be prepared for Smith to be gone soon. We still need a T and G to solidify the oline for future success. A good run game is a young QBs best friend. I would be okay with taking a Tackle in the 1st then a QB then a gaurd and other holes as the draft goes on. Know if Stroud or Young fall to 4 th you take one. But I'm not sold on AR and Levis. If that's all that's left at 4 trade back a bit and get more picks and get some oline and a qb. We can also get another qb next year also. Let the Rookie QB Hooker/McKee and Minshew see what they got this year. If they struggle get to the top of next year's draft for a qb and have a a surefire oline when you do it.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For a second round pick?   Yes.   If you get a quarterback you can win with AFTER the first round, that’s a very good thing.  

I wouldn’t expect much of anything from Hooker his rookie year.  Almost nothing. 

And I’d expect a sub-500 year in 24 as he learns by playing the full season.   But then the curve begins to change and I think the Colts could be winning in 25. 

Hooker is NOT my preferred choice.   I hope Steichen prefers someone at 4.   I’m simply responding to your question how you could never understand.   You painted yourself into a corner by using absolutes like never.   You’ve made a good acceptable situation into a negative because it isn’t what you want because it’s not ideal. 

I think you just like nitpicking words. Saints or Commanders will take him. That's my guess

3 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Who said hes going on the pup list?  He said himself he will be ready to play in camp

That's not his decision. It's the team's. No team is gonna let a player come back prematurely especially from a serious injury like an ACL tear.

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

That's not his decision. It's the team's. No team is gonna let a player come back prematurely especially from a serious injury like an ACL tear.

And who said hes going to be on the pup list besides you?  You arent a team

Hooker is on pace to be "full go" by training camp, thats the report.  Hes not going to be unable to preform.  Hes already off crutches and throwing now. 

The timeline has him running in the coming weeks and doing everything by training camp.  Hes not sitting out camp, no need to

I would trade up for Bryce Young but maybe not for Stroud even though he may wind up better. 

I would definitely be ok staying at 4 for AR15 or Levis, but be tempted to move up to 3 if I could assure AR15 over Levis, but think Levis has a better chance of making it and start sooner. Lol

10 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Hooker is on pace to be "full go" by training camp, thats the report.  Hes not going to be unable to preform.  Hes already off crutches and throwing now. 

The timeline has him running in the coming weeks and doing everything by training camp.  Hes not sitting out camp, no need to

I'll believe that when an NFL team reports that. A lot of smoke comes during draft time

6 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Is that actually true or is it something that Hooker's camp is putting out there so he can be drafted sooner? 

Regardless, I hope one of the Top 4 are drafted by the Colts and not Hooker.

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Is that actually true or is it something that Hooker's camp is putting out there so he can be drafted sooner? 

Regardless, I hope one of the Top 4 are drafted by the Colts and not Hooker.

That info has been out there for a while.   But teams don’t have to rely on that.   Everyone took medical exams at the combine.   Those are important.   And if need be, teams can ask for another medical exam.    

33 minutes ago, chad72 said:

What I don’t understand is what they see in him for a ceiling compared to Levis and Richardson whose ceilings are better. Hooker might be maxed out w.r.t his ceiling with what he showed during his streak last year. Both Levis and Hooker underwhelmed vs Georgia but Levis is the one that has played in a Pro system. So Hooker is being overrated on this board for the “juicy” possibility of picks, picks, more picks….:scratch:

It’s not even considering possibilities of his availability, pure ability wise speaking 

Especially when you look at that TH offense that made it easy on hooker. No right windows. No muddy pockets.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

He did say that himself.  He also said what hes been doing in his recovery, where hes at now and where he is on pace to be in the coming weeks.

The information makes it look like hes more likely to be ready for camp than he is to miss any significant time.  He may not miss time at all due to this injury 

Archived