Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you rather stay put for Levis and/or Richardson at 4, or trade up for Stroud/Young at 3

Yoshinator

Would you rather stay put at 4 for Richardson/Levis or trade up to 3 for Stroud/Young?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather stay put at 4 for Richardson/Levis or trade up to 3 for Stroud/Young?

• Stay put for Richardson/Levis
    • Trade up to 3 for Stroud/Young

On 3/20/2023 at 10:26 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Sure just change the subject. You don’t even engage you just laugh at people who might get mad if they don’t take a QB. I can tell you several times posters on here have changed my mind because they have a good argument.

I didnt realize the Texans new OC Bobby Slowik comes from the Shannahan coaching tree. Thats the offensive scheme Levis was using at Kentucky. And they spent good time with Levis yesterday. I wouldnt rule out Houston taking Levis.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if Houston pulled a typical Texan move like that im hoping Ballard makes the exception and takes Bryce Young. Yeah hes short but like Saban said the NFL is pretty much all the same guys he competed against in the SEC. I just think Bryce has it factor sauce and he checks every single box Steichen mentioned. Accurate, decision making, mobile and can rip it for an easy completion on 3rd and 8. He can avoid big hits bc hes so cerebral. Will have pressure packages figured out pre snap and he just processes whats going on so quickly. Plus hes tough. Ive seen him take a shot or two and get right back up.

22 hours ago, Nevbot said:

This just posted in another thread. Levis before his pro day which is happening right now. Do you want a guy who gets frazzled and doesn't show up to the most important night of his life because of the risk of "sliding to the second round"?!  A guy that is confident in his abilities and in the evaluation of his skills would NOT say that in a completely genuine way, since there is not scenario where he would think he slides out of the top 5. 
I always liked Levis, and have always thought there was a good chance that he would be the pick. That was before I did MY research and let the daft experts go to town.  After the combine I was worried, and it seems to be getting worse.  I am starting to have a LOT more concerns about his character the further down the evaluation wormhole we get.  He reminds me of a combination of Wentz and Zach Wilson, and not in any of the good ways.  

Like the Guru John Hansen said on his Sirius XM show this week, Levis has some of the worst body language of any QB coming out that he has ever seen, period. He is cocky at the wrong times instead of meticulously confident like Young. He seemed almost bored and disengaged when answering questions at the combine, and his answers seemed heavily scripted. Hanson ripped Levis for not going to the Senior Bowl (which we KNOW Ballard values heavily in his evaluation).  He criticized Levis for having a tight and mechanical throwing motion, his accuracy on a throw to throw basis, how he misses the layups and is FAR from a rhythm passer who quite frankly is not very comfortable in his drops.  He then went on to compare him to a slower Kaepernick, but I think mainly referring to Levis' throwing motion. 

Bottom line is- we need to be VERY careful if we are considering Levis at 4.  He could be the QB that does slide to the teens if we don't take him. Maybe that is Ballard's plan all along- trade down because you inherently believe that Levis and AR could be there 8-10.  At that time, maybe you make the move since its less of a gamble and you have acquired some premium capital. 

Levis has mechanical issues that could have been fixed by his age.

So where has been working the last couple of off seasons, and with whom, to get better? He can still be fixed of course but may take several years just like Richardson. For me, :thmdown:.

16 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Ballard already told you what he's going to do.

He telegraphs every season who he's going to draft but fans don't want to listen.

He said "at 4 we're going to get the best player in the draft"

Jalen Carter is the best player in the draft bar none. All charges have been settled and he has paid his debt to society. 

Ballard will take Carter at 4 and try to get hooker in the second. This will allow Ballard to trade Buckner.

If he misses on Hooker, Stetson Bennett will be a Colt.

So it is written and so it shall come to pass....

If Steichen pounds the table for an available QB Irsay will say yes.

Ballard's vote won't count.

Otherwise I agree. The kid is a game wrecker. He and Buckner together would be Incredible. You put his locker beside  Buckner and give him a new big brother. Or beside Grover for the same reason.

I do believe we are tanking so Buckner needs to go for the right draft capital.

lol 

12 hours ago, krunk said:

If the Texans take Levis instead of Young I feel like Ballard should make the exception and take Young. I have few doubts he can do it on this level. And like Saban said, the same guys you play in the SEC are the same guys you have to play in the NFL. I think Bryce will be able to do it 

It's entirely possible we see some combination of Young / Stroud / Levis off the board when the Colts are up.  Reason being the Cards need a QB but even if they're not smart enough to realize it someone will try to move into their spot so reasonable chance QB goes off the board there.

But if Young is there at 4 I think you will get your wish.  I doubt Ballard will be able to pass on a QB when he's got Irsay's scotch-laced breath on the back of his neck.

Also what is funny is before I was concerned with us getting Young at 4.  But now that it's possible we take Richardson, which I think would be a catastrophe, Young isn't looking so bad lol.

On 3/24/2023 at 5:19 PM, PRnum1 said:

Ballard already told you what he's going to do.

He telegraphs every season who he's going to draft but fans don't want to listen.

He said "at 4 we're going to get the best player in the draft"

Jalen Carter is the best player in the draft bar none. All charges have been settled and he has paid his debt to society. 

Ballard will take Carter at 4 and try to get hooker in the second. This will allow Ballard to trade Buckner.

If he misses on Hooker, Stetson Bennett will be a Colt.

So it is written and so it shall come to pass....

If you manage to get Hooker later, why not keep Buckner and have an elite defensive line?

Archived