Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Speed and when we had Bobby that was solid good. 

Was.   Was.   Was. 

Bobby is no longer on the team and you just him as as an example of the Colts depth.    Huh?

And Speed is a free agent.   He’s not depth until he re-signs with the Colts.   Huh?

Who else?  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Caleb3502 said:

They'll be fine at LB as long as they bring back E.J. Speed. Leonard, Franklin, Speed is not a bad group of LBs.  

I doubt Speed would resign with Indy as his chances to start are low. Unless we offer him a "better contract " , why would he want to stay with us ? Being a back-up on a 4-12 team is not exactly enticing . IMO , we lose him and I'm bummed if I'm right .

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Was.   Was.   Was. 

Bobby is no longer on the team and you just him as as an example of the Colts depth.    Huh?

And Speed is a free agent.   He’s not depth until he re-signs with the Colts.   Huh?

Who else?  

I was counting Speed (you aren't) and I did say depth, Grant Stuard is a depth LB that isn't bad and he is young. He played in every game last season if I recall.

I was counting Speed (you aren't) and I did say depth, Grant Stuard is a depth LB that isn't bad and he is young. He played in every game last season if I recall.

Well, you shouldn't count Speed as he is not a member of the team at present.

Stuard was a special teamer. I'd be surprised if he played more than 10 LB snaps all year.

13 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I doubt Speed would resign with Indy as his chances to start are low. Unless we offer him a "better contract " , why would he want to stay with us ? Being a back-up on a 4-12 team is not exactly enticing . IMO , we lose him and I'm bummed if I'm right .

Maybe it’s time to bring in an upgrade

Why would I count Speed?   He’s not on the team currently.   I want him back, but it’s not a lock that he returns.  

I don’t know why you do count Speed?   As soon as the Colts announce they’ve re-signed him THEN you can count on him.  Otherwise………… 

• Like 2

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Why would I count Speed?   He’s not on the team currently.   I want him back, but it’s not a lock that he returns.  

I don’t know why you do count Speed?   As soon as the Colts announce they’ve re-signed him THEN you can count on him.  Otherwise………… 

Fair enough.

Wow this convo turned into a fun one. Ok we have no depth lmao . Even when I try to be positive it back fires.

Hard to find the upside with this team right now unfortunately. The FA bit is getting old and it's frustrating over the years. We're all frustrated, and if we aren't, then we are naive lol.

• Like 2

That’s what happens when you make false arguments.   And you’ve made a number of them these last few days.   

And you have made a number of them over the last year. I don't want to go down this road with you because I think a lot of you as a poster but you just started it with your 2nd sentence. I don't want to derail the thread. I think you are just annoyed with me because I haven't been kissing Ballard's butt like I usually do. Also I am usually positive but to be honest I don't like the road this team is going down right now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Hard to find the upside with this team right now unfortunately. The FA bit is getting old and it's frustrating over the years. We're all frustrated, and if we aren't, then we are naive lol.

The Colts are going to be bad for a long time. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Was.   Was.   Was. 

Who else?  

Jo Jo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

And you have made a number of them over the last year. I don't want to go down this road with you because I think a lot of you as a poster but you just started it with your 2nd sentence. I don't want to derail the thread. I think you are just annoyed with me because I haven't been kissing Ballard's butt like I usually do. Also I am usually positive but to be honest I don't like the road this team is going down right now. 

You’re free to list all of my bad takes in any thread you want.   Make it as public as you want.   

Or….  

You can make it private.   That’s fine too.  

I’ll be happy to point out your recent whopper. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

You’re free to list all of my bad takes in any thread you want.   Make it as public as you want.   

Or….  

You can make it private.   That’s fine too.  

I’ll be happy to point out your recent whopper. 

I am not always right, I have had plenty of Whoppers but you have too. Sometimes I am right, sometimes I am wrong. At least I speak my mind but here lately I have been posting less because many in here just poo poo people's opinions. I would put my football IQ against anyone in here, doesn't mean I am not wrong a lot. I counted Speed, ok maybe I shouldn't have, wow this all started because of that :scratch:

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not always right, I have had plenty of Whoppers but you have too. Sometimes I am right, sometimes I am wrong. At least I speak my mind but here lately I have been posting less because many in here just poo poo people's opinions. I would put my football IQ against anyone in here, doesn't mean I am not wrong a lot. I counted Speed, ok maybe I shouldn't have, wow this all started because of that :scratch:

Again….   You are free to list all of my whoppers any time.   I’m happy to admit when I’m wrong because I’m wrong plenty.  

You can make this discussion public….   Or private.     Your call.  

I’ll likely be off line for a few hours. 

Again….   You are free to just all of my shoppers any time.   I’m happy to admit when I’m wrong because I’m wrong plenty.  

You can make this discussion public….   Or private.     Your call.  

To your last sentence, neither because I am in a good mood but I may send you a private message here in a while. Feel free to send me one, I am not mad or anything, I like you, I just don't want to derail the thread in public.

Man this  off-season reminds me of the one after we got rid of manning. It seems like we are losing a lot of people to free agency, and like always, we are not making any huge improvements. Oh, and that little thing called a Qb is still needed as well. Next year is gonna be rough. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We only need:

QB's.

Linebackers.

Pass rusher.

Number one receiver.

Center 

Right guard.

Another CB

Ballard should be able address these needs no problem. It will take him several more years but I have faith he will get it done. Hes a risk taker.:lol:

• Like 1

People create thier own frustration, because they refuse to simply listen to what the Colts have already told them. They have said repeatedly they arent gonna bring in a bunch of free agents. You can like it or not, but complaining about it is just a waste of energy. It doesnt make someone naive because they actually listen to whats being said and adjust their expectations.

I think the person expecting the Colts to do the exact opposite of what they tell everyone they will do is the person being naive.

18 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

The Colts are going to be bad for a long time. 

Who is this game changer you wanted them to sign today?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Trace Pyott said:

Man this  off-season reminds me of the after we got rid of manning. It seems like we are losing a lot of people to free agency, and like always not making any huge improvements. Oh, and that little thing called a Qb is still needed as well. Next year is gonna be rough. 

It's actually crazy. We may draft a QB at 4 and he may be the worst QB in the NFL next year. That's due to a combination of having to start him before he's ready, and a mediocre team around him because of a lack of activity in FA and now apparently, re-signing our own FAs. 

2 minutes ago, Trace Pyott said:

Man this  off-season reminds me of the after we got rid of manning. It seems like we are losing a lot of people to free agency, and like always not making any huge improvements. Oh, and that little thing called a Qb is still needed as well. Next year is gonna be rough. 

One thing we did have was Luck though and the leadership of Reggie and Mathis in 2012. TY Hilton was the one huge hit Grigs had as well, that really helped.

• Like 1