Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

And that’s why you can’t assume a team is going to be good again this year just because they were good last year.  Eagles and Bills losing too.  Lots of turnover every year.  Change is inevitable.

Yep, that is why when you get to the Championship Game or SB you need to take advantage of it and at least get that 1 SB win. Never know if you will be back. Patriots did a lot and now the Chiefs but it is rare teams go that much. All those years with Peyton we only went far 3 times = 2003, 2006, and 2009. Luckily we won a SB in 2006.

• Like 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, that is why when you get to the Championship Game or SB you need to take advantage of it and at least get that 1 SB win. Never know if you will back. Patriots did a lot and now the Chiefs but it is rare teams go that much. All those years with Peyton we only went far 3 times = 2003, 2006, and 2009. Luckily we won a SB in 2006.

That's why I was so happy when the Braves and Avalanche won their championships recently. You never know how often you get to the finals, and you have to take advantage of it. Luckily, two of my teams did just that and I was on the right side of history.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I am a football fan. This is not solely a Colts site. We have an NFL section, we have a Baseball thread, and a lot more. As you can see we are talking NFL signings here, not only Colts signings. 

Now that I am a mod I check out the whole forum, including the Colts section. 

I was only curious. I don't mind or care if you are here, nor would it matter if I did either way. I'm a football fan as well, I've just never attempted to go to another teams forum before. 

Anyways, enjoy!! :hat:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

Epps is a former Vikings draftee, IIRC. Glad he is getting another contract.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Another Eagle FA gone :( I was hoping this was the strategy.

They are going to get compensatory picks. 

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's why I was so happy when the Braves and Avalanche won their championships recently. You never know how often you get to the finals, and you have to take advantage of it. Luckily, two of my teams did just that and I was on the right side of history.

Yep. I honestly thought the Cubs would win 2 with the core they had from 2015-2020. They at least got the 1 and ended the jinx in 2016. They had 5 other good chances to win 2 though.

• Like 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. I honestly thought the Cubs would win 2 with the core they had from 2015-2020. They at least got the 1 and ended the jinx in 2016. They had 5 other good chances to win 2 though.

Just goes to show you gotta enjoy the good times while they happen. Hard to believe it’s been over 10 years since Andrew was drafted. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. You got a moment though. I got it twice in baseball with the Braves. Once in 1995 and again in 2021 lol. That's how far apart they can be. Luckily I got one with the Colts and another with the Avalanche. The Peyton Manning SB on the Broncos was special as well.

• Like 1

Yep. You got a moment though. I got it twice in baseball with the Braves. Once in 1995 and again in 2021 lol. That's how far apart they can be. Luckily I got one with the Colts and another with the Avalanche. The Peyton Manning SB on the Broncos was special as well.

The 21 Braves were one cool team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I was 35 when the Colts won the SB, dead in my prime. That was a night I will never forget. I was in Florida on the beach watching the game, the women down there were everywhere. I got tanked and was even smoking Cigars and I don't even smoke lmao . The Cubs winning it all in 2016 is pretty close in feeling with our 2006/07 SB win. When the Cubs won, I was relieved more than anything and just had a couple of victory drinks at the house by myself to let it sink in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was 35 when the Colts won the SB, dead in my prime. That was a night I will never forget. I was in Florida on the beach watching the game, the women down there were everywhere. I got tanked and was even smoking Cigars and I don't even smoke lmao . The Cubs winning it all in 2016 is pretty close in feeling with our 2006/07 SB win. When the Cubs won, I was relieved more than anything and just had a couple of victory drinks at the house by myself to let it sink in. 

I'm 35 now lol. I was so relieved as well when the Braves won the WS. We traded our farm to acquire players, lost Acuna for the year, and traded for 4 outfielders. Great story. I was having fun the whole 2nd half of the season and the playoffs and WS was a blast.

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

No excuses for Wilson this year. Time to nut up or shut up.

Agreed.

• Like 1

I'm 35 now lol. I was so relieved as well when the Braves won the WS. We traded our farm to acquire players, lost Acuna for the year, and traded for 4 outfielders. Great story. I was having fun the whole 2nd half of the season and the playoffs and WS was a blast.

Time flies, I will be 52 in August. When I was in my 30's and 40's I could eat and drink whatever I wanted. I did work out a lot though. Once you turn 50 the clock starts ticking. Enjoy your prime.

• Like 2

Which was the "best" signing so far today?

I place a higher value on retaining your players. I love the Chris Lindstrom signing. He is an excellent OL and he is retained by his team. 

Germaine Pratt was also a good signing -- same team and the team did not pay too much.

I also like the Jimmy G signing as he is a competent QB and he did not cost too much. I don't like that it was the Raiders that signed him. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Well that’s awesome. Good thing the colts don’t need to upgrade the oline! 

You want to take a shot at the Colts because they didn’t sign a backup level OT?    Really?   

I like Dillard.   Always have.   But he can’t stay healthy and doesn’t start and doesn’t play at a high level.   

It’s not like the Colts don’t have coaches from Philly who have inside info on those players.    Wouldn’t you think Steichen is OK with not signing him?   

Honestly, I’m not even sure the Colts should sign Seamaulo?   He has a long bad history of injuries.    

Free agency is not just about Ballard and what he wants.   Steichen has a voice in this as well. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

Which was the "best" signing so far today?

I place a higher value in retaining your players. I love the Chris Lindstrom re-signing. He is an excellent OL and he is retained by his team. 

Germaine Pratt was also a good re-signing -- same team and not too much.

I also like the Jimmy G signing as he is a competent QB and he did not cost too much. 

I like what the Broncos are doing. Regarding the Colts, let me see GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 1