Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

The Jets are "Rodgers or bust" at this point. Plan B was Carr, Plan C was Garroppolo, both gone.

Otherwise, I can see the Jets going all in on Lamar Jackson on Wednesday if Rodgers retires or doesn't give them a decision by tomorrow.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stitches said:

Wow!!! Great get for 49ers, makes Eagles weaker. If the Eagles lose Seumalo too, 49ers could represent the NFC in the SB if Lance works out, a big IF. 

Just now, stitches said:

#13 for Cousins? Yay or nay? 

He is going to be UFA in 2024, so let it play out with Cousins is what other teams will say.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

#13 for Cousins? Yay or nay? 

Absolutely, I would take almost anything. I would do a Brock Osweiler to the Browns type deal. I will drive him to Met Life Stadium. 

However, the dead money would make it almost impossible. I hope we don't extend him.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Daniel Jeremiah just said on NFL network he doesn’t understand why the Colts sitting a 4 in the draft order have not called the Ravens and offered the pick and next  year’s 1st for LaMar.  He doesn’t get it.

He doesn’t get it? Lamar wants 40+ a year with the majority of that being guaranteed and he can’t stay healthy? Oh, and the Ravens want to 1st rounders for him. I wouldn’t touch that…

Just now, Solid84 said:

He doesn’t get it? Lamar wants 40+ a year with the majority of that being guaranteed and he can’t stay healthy? Oh, and the Ravens want to 1st rounders for him. I wouldn’t touch that…

Well he knows those facts and apparently he doesn’t feel it should be an obstacle to acquire a young former MVP to lead your team.  That’s how he sees it.

5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

there's a rumor he will sit out unless he gets deal. won't sign tag. reported this morning.

I meant - when he signs with whatever team, the Ravens have the right to match it if they want. IMO they match it. 

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Well he knows those facts and apparently he doesn’t feel it should be an obstacle to acquire a young former MVP to lead your team.  That’s how he sees it.

The thing is if this had been Mahomes, Allen or Burrow I would have done it in a heartbeat. LJ is just a tier below AND is injury prone. I completely understand why teams are hesitating. 

• Like 1

Just now, stitches said:

I meant - when he signs with whatever team, the Ravens have the right to match it if they want. IMO they match it. 

I’m not sure they do.  They are talking quite a bit on NFL network about a “poison pill” that could be part of the offer that would make it nearly impossible to match.  Don’t know what that entails but it sounds like they could have a problem.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Nope, but they got plenty of draft capital for him and rebuilt. They also signed JuJu and traded for Toney to replenish their WR core.

That was smart. I agreed with it. 

JuJu was cheaper and Toney was on a rookie deal. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Good weakens the Jags.

This is a risky move for the Chiefs. They take a 4 year starter at Right Tackle and are going to now pay him $20 mil. per year to play Left Tackle. It is not as easy playing mirror image positions. They could have just converted some of Mahomes' salary to a signing bonus and made room to re-sign Orlando Brown Jr. 

OL is not like plug and play on skill positions, this move could backfire on the Chiefs, IMO.

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I’m not sure they do.  They are talking quite a bit on NFL network about a “poison pill” that could be part of the offer that would make it nearly impossible to match.  Don’t know what that entails but it sounds like they could have a problem.

Lamar could say he will sign it but ravens have to trade him and can’t match it. Kind of forcing a trade.

19 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

KC is proof you can be active in FA and also compete for SBs. The Mahomes contract doesn't hold them back. They also draft well.

KC has QB stability. Colts have not.

QB is the main aspect of there success.

• Like 1

Just now, krunk said:

KC has QB stability. Colts have not.

QB is the main aspect of there success.

I realize this. I'm just saying that a $50 million per year contract isn't stopping the Chiefs from being active in FA. While Ballard refuses to spend large money on any FA. That's aggressive Vs Passive. I realize Mahomes is a franchise QB, but we have Luck for two years (3 during 2019 FA), and QBs like Rivers, Wentz, and Ryan that were thought to compete. Ballard was still passive in FA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lamar could say he will sign it but ravens have to trade him and can’t match it. Kind of forcing a trade.

Possible.  After all of this time without coming to a deal maybe they both have reached the end of the rope.  Time for both parties to go in a different direction.

31 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

KC is proof you can be active in FA and also compete for SBs. The Mahomes contract doesn't hold them back. They also draft well.

Depends on who they want to keep....a big name wr or cb will be hard to keep because of mahomes contract

• Like 1