Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

14 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He likes older more experienced players which is why I am still surprised he took Richardson.

QB evaluation has to be much more complex than a simple formula. 

14 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He likes older more experienced players which is why I am still surprised he took Richardson.

QB evaluation has to be much more complex than a simple formula. 

4 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

QB Is one position where college experience has played a big part in how well QB do in the NFL.

that's true, understand that. 

But, not all well experienced QBs from college football becomes successful in the NFL. It's part of the evaluation, we've discussed all the reasons why teams may like Richardson. 

Colts only had two choices - Levis and Richardson. We now know how 25+ NFL teams have evaluated Levis despite all the hype from fans and media. 

So, there's really one good choice and it looks like Colts had been watching Richardson in person for most of the 13 games he's started. 

Anyway, my point is, Ballard may like experienced players per his draft selections when it comes to most position groups,  but when it comes to QB evaluation, it will be simple minded to have such limitations on the evaluations. Finding a franchise QB is very tough, and first thing a GM needs to have in finding that talent is to have an open mind. Having simple restrictions in your evaluations is going to eliminate some great potential. I think Ballard has showed he's open to all kinds of potential with this draft selection. 

NFL.com reporting that Houston has signed guard Shaq Mason for the large sum of 3/36.    That’s much larger than most deals done after the draft. 

I don’t know what Risner is looking for but I think the Mason deal makes it much less likely Risner signs with the Colts.   If we sign a veteran guard I’d expect someone far more modestly priced.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

NFL.com reporting that Houston has signed guard Shaq Mason for the large sum of 3/36.    That’s much larger than most deals done after the draft. 

I don’t know what Risner is looking for but I think the Mason deal makes it much less likely Risner signs with the Colts.   If we sign a veteran guard I’d expect someone far more modestly priced.  

Since it hasn't happened yet, I don't think they add any OL help aside from depth moves.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 6:31 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Risner was the name I was looking at post draft as well.

But agree with you and Zoltan here.

On 5/10/2023 at 8:10 PM, Zoltan said:

Since it hasn't happened yet, I don't think they add any OL help aside from depth moves.

• 2 months later...
  • w87r unpinned this topic