Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

Man, I wonder how Arizona will handle the potential trade of its pick?  Trading it now would guarantee the partner one of its top 3 QBs.  However, many potential partners may only be interested in making the trade if a specific QB is there.  For example, if Stroud and Richardson are gone, partners who don’t want Young (size) or Levis (general *baggery) will no longer want the pick.  So, if Arizona waits it out and plans to make a draft day trade if there’s a market, how do they prioritize those calls?  I imagine they have a bunch of theoretical calls about what the trade might look like with each suitor (not mentioning qb names, of course), which will help facilitate a quick deal on draft day if that suitor is still interested…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just saw this yesterday. Ballard still hasn’t addressed anything on the Oline.

Nothing to address other than Guard and depth positions. Most of which will be addressed in the draft and afterwards when cuts are made.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

For those who watch the Colts out of market. YouTube released 2023 prices for NFL Sunday Ticket . If you do not subscribe to YouTube TV the price will be $449. If you subscribe before June 6th it is $349.

That's crazy, surprised they don't have student discount like Direct TV had.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Freeing some salary cap this year. Wonder if an extension of some sort is coming? 

This seems like a strange move to make now.  They already have 20m before this move.  Would the Ravens want Buckner as part of a trade for Lamar?  Do they even play a 4/3 defense?  I have no idea if they do.  

2 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Extension or working on Lamar. 

Just kidding. Maybe. 

29 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

This seems like a strange move to make now.  They already have 20m before this move.  Would the Ravens want Buckner as part of a trade for Lamar?  Do they even play a 4/3 defense?  I have no idea if they do.  

I don't think it's Lamar. We will need to free much more money for Lamar and we are not even using the maximum we can from Buckner's contract. In fact, the very fact that we are not moving the max money on Buckner's contract likely means it's not for Lamar. 

It's possible it's for some of the remaining FAs on the market. Shaq Griffin? Rock? 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I don't think it's Lamar. We will need to free much more money for Lamar and we are not even using the maximum we can from Buckner's contract. In fact, the very fact that we are not moving the max money on Buckner's contract likely means it's not for Lamar. 

It's possible it's for some of the remaining FAs on the market. Shaq Griffin? Rock? 

Not if he agreed to play under the tag this year.  We wouldn’t need as much money.

35 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just going to leave this here becaude I don’t think it needs another thread.

Seems level headed.  I think the last part means talks have started if not why bring it up?  I expect a reasonable deal for him to get done.

33 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Sports Center on 4/12/123 @ 5PM ran a video of the Colts coach saying they are looking to the draft not Jackson for a QB. Thank God.

Until the draft actually happens, I'm not buying it. A lot of skepticism out there about what we're doing or if we're after Lamar.

• Like 1

NFL introduces new QB specific helmet for 2023 season.

"A new helmet will be available for players to wear during the 2023 season. The helmet, made by VICIS, was especially created in order to better protect quarterbacks, specifically when their heads hit the ground. 

The helmets were created following an uptick in league-wide concussions in 2022. The league saw a 22% increase in diagnosed concussions last year (h/t NFLMedia), with quarterbacks accounting for a significant portion of that increase. "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m posting this here, but I don’t know if it might have been posted elsewhere? 

Buckner put out a tweet yesterday that said Gilmore had asked to be traded and that’s why Ballard made the deal he did.  

Thought I’d leave this here…… 

Saw that the trade makes a lot more sense now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am so confused. 3 years 

What are you confused about?    

Odds are there is ZERO guaranteed.  You sign him to the most years you can (3) in case he unexpectedly turns into something and becomes a keeper.   

And if he doesn’t,  he can be cut with no impact to the salary cap.    Win-win for the Colts and the kid. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What are you confused about?    

Ofds are there is ZERO guaranteed.  You sign him to the most years you can (3) in case he unexpectedly turns into something and becomes a keeper.   

And if he does, he can be cut with no impact to the salary cap.    Win-win for the Colts and the kid. 

Kid had a LOT of teams interested in him, so this makes me happy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

BREAKING: Former Elon defensive back Cole Coleman signed a 3 year deal worth 2.695 million dollars, his agent Christian Addison of ASE REPRESENTATION tells

@_MLFootball

What's an "Elon defensive back"?

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Didn't know where to post this, so... here it goes... 

Just confirmation that Ballard loves the Senior Bowl. 

I think it’s a really good decision to put a lot of emphasis on the Senior Bowl. You get to see prospects in a competitive setting playing against coming NFL talent.