Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Daniel Jeremiah just said on NFL network he doesn’t understand why the Colts sitting a 4 in the draft order have not called the Ravens and offered the pick and next  year’s 1st for LaMar.  He doesn’t get it.

Im a DJ fan, but I think that perspective is beyond lame.   Very disappointing.   

• Like 4

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Broncos are my 2nd team and I live in Colorado, so I'm loving this. I want to go to a game this year.

While I think it is an exciting time, I am not a fan of free agency. I value the draft a lot more. I like to draft good players, develop them and re-sign them. I would sign free agents only to supplement my team. I think signing offensive linemen is important. So, I like the Broncos moves. 

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

Question: If no one signs Lamar Jackson, does he automatically gets signed to the Ravens? 

He would still have to sign his tender since he was franchise tagged. His other option is not signing it and sitting out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Question: If no one signs Lamar Jackson, does he automatically gets signed to the Ravens? 

He will need to sign his tag, which ties him to the Ravens for one more year at salary of about 32-33M if I'm not mistaken... 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

While I think it is an exciting time, I am not a fan of free agency. I value the draft a lot more. I like to draft good players, develop them and re-sign them. I would sign free agents only to supplement my team. I think signing offensive linemen is important. So, I like the Broncos moves. 

I generally like FA for two things. 1.) To build around a young franchise QB (Trevor Lawrence Jags last year) or 2.) To fill needs 

We are doing the latter on the Broncos and I love it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh? 

The Colts sign free agents every year.   Just not typically in the first few weeks.   

You know what I mean, but I’ll further elaborate. The Colts signing or trading for any big name players and not just depth/rotational players will be a surprise to me. I only expect depth and resigning their own guys. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Daniel Jeremiah just said on NFL network he doesn’t understand why the Colts sitting a 4 in the draft order have not called the Ravens and offered the pick and next  year’s 1st for LaMar.  He doesn’t get it.

Because Ballard would be stupid to do that

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lamar would still have to sign the tag, which he probably wouldn't do until a few days before the regular season begins to avoid as much injury risk as possible. 

• Like 1

T J Edwards of Eagles takes a lot of bad angles, not sure what the Bears saw in him. It’s their loss, Eagles won’t miss him.

Rodgers or Garropolo, that’s what the Jets will finalize today

Just now, RollerColt said:

The Walmart Broncos are wheeling and dealing. Not surprised. They're flailing about hoping something works after watching the Chiefs win over and over and over and over and over...

Next, they’ll ask Russell Wilson to give them a Walmart style rollback with his contract :) 

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

You know what I mean, but I’ll further elaborate. The Colts signing or trading for any big name players and not just depth/rotational players will be a surprise to me. I only expect depth and resigning their own guys. 

When Ballard has spent money in free agency (rare, but not never) he has spent it well.   Justin Houston, Stephon Gilmore, Denico Autry.    

Id like to see him do it more often.   But he’s almost never in the first wave of signings.   Even the three names I mentioned were not early, in fact Houston and Gilmore were in April. 

I’m not expecting him to change and suddenly spend big money.    I only wish he’d sign more of the medium and inexpensive players than he normally does. 

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Not too much. It is a good deal for the Raiders. I wish my team had such a deal with our QB. 

The best news about my team is that an extension for Cousins is not imminent. I hope that is true. His contract is killing us.