Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

As usual we are so slow. While most teams have already made their cuts and restructures to acquire cap space for the tampering period. We still have yet to do a single thing including make a decision on Matt Ryan. Maybe he starts next season shooting for Caleb Williams.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

As usual we are so slow. While most teams have already made their cuts and restructures to acquire cap space for the tampering period. We still have yet to do a single thing including make a decision on Matt Ryan. Maybe he starts next season shooting for Caleb Williams.

Agreed. I don't mind not jumping out of the gate to make signings, I do mind not restructuring players and making cuts. Especially Ryan and Foles. There is no excuse for that at this point.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Agreed. I don't mind not jumping out of the gate to make signings, I do mind not restructuring players and making cuts. Especially Ryan and Foles. There is no excuse for that at this point.

There is no rush to do any of those things though. Whether they did then a week ago or in 3 days, it changes nothing. I get wanting to see some activity of some kind, but just because we don't see it, doesn't mean our FO isn't working their * off right now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm hoping to get Issac Seumalo on day 1 of tampering at least. If we don't, he'll be gone. He has the connection with Steichen from the Eagles and he fills a need at RG. 

I'd like that too but it won't happen. We Colts fans are like Charley Brown when it's free agent time.

Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Do you think it means anything for Bobby? 

I think it would absolutely affects his market. I still don't think he'll be re-signing here, but he may not get as much as he originally anticipated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

There is no rush to do any of those things though. Whether they did then a week ago or in 3 days, it changes nothing. I get wanting to see some activity of some kind, but just because we don't see it, doesn't mean our FO isn't working their * off right now.

Yah honestly if Ballards process has yielded results I wouldn't be so quick to jump on them. I think they should have done these things before the tampering period. What if there is a FA available day 1 or 2 that they love, but can't get cause not enough cap space due to not being done the cuts and restructures?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

It limits our cap space and our ability to compete for free agents though. So there is a rush to do it. Even if we aren't spending lots of money, you never know what patterns can happen in FA (like a position run) that could make you act earlier than expected. We are at a clear disadvantage to other teams who were restructuring contracts BEFORE FA started.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

homer simpson sleep GIF- Mr Ballard wake up, please wake up, Free Agency has started.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:

Does anyone here really expect Ballard to sign any top FA? Of course not. Same dull, no action approach since he's been here. Team to watch making moves is Da Bears.

As a Bronco fan living in Colorado as my 2nd team. I'm loving the Broncos right now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Does anyone here really expect Ballard to sign any top FA? Of course not. Same dull, no action approach since he's been here. Team to watch making moves is Da Bears.

yup and yielding no results and he is obviously not trying to change his process or learn, grow whatever you want to call it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

While I have a moment, and it’s still early….  Wanted to give a shout-out and a big thank you to @Shive for being so fast with the tweets!

Don't know how long you can do this, but it’s very much appreciated.    :thmup:

I've had some time this morning, but I'm about to be away at meetings for a couple hours.