Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let the mind games begin.

CR91

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He also said "that kid from Alabama (meaning Bryce Young) is also good". It very well could be "take him before Colts pick at No.4 because we truly don't want him if we stay at No.4" but he can also make it somewhat believable because Steichen is just coming off coaching an Alabama QB in Hurts.

Yep, let the smokescreens begin. Bears ain't giving a senior citizen discount for Irsay, that is for sure, if that is what he is getting at, LOL. :) 

Just now, chad72 said:

He also said "that kid from Alabama (meaning Bryce Young) is also good". It is almost like "take him before Colts pick at No.4 because we truly don't want him if we stay at No.4" but he can also make it somewhat believable because Steichen is just coming off coaching an Alabama QB in Hurts.

Yep, let the smokescreens begin. Bears ain't giving a senior citizen discount for Irsay, that is for sure, if that is what he is getting at. :) 

Bingo. 

And the best part of all is that the people who this is lost on entirely are too dumb to realize it because they think he’s dumb. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7yyxntcvj1lu1xx30qu

A little showmanship and fun from the Owner. I love it. 

Making other teams think we actually want Bryce and making them think we are merely acting like we want Bryce to try and get someone else. At the same time driving up prices for the Texans to trade with the Bears. 

None of us or them will know until draft day. 

23 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He also said "that kid from Alabama (meaning Bryce Young) is also good". It very well could be "take him before Colts pick at No.4 because we truly don't want him if we stay at No.4" but he can also make it somewhat believable because Steichen is just coming off coaching an Alabama QB in Hurts.

Yep, let the smokescreens begin. Bears ain't giving a senior citizen discount for Irsay, that is for sure, if that is what he is getting at, LOL. :) 

He could have been talking bout Hurts too…

all I know is I thought Ballard was gonna break his own neck the way his head snapped around when Irsay said that… that was priceless

16 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Bingo. 

And the best part of all is that the people who this is lost on entirely are too dumb to realize it because they think he’s dumb. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7yyxntcvj1lu1xx30qu

I love Clarkson. 

Irsay has got to be enjoying all this confusion. Let the chaos rein baby!

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He could have been talking bout Hurts too…

all I know is I thought Ballard was gonna break his own neck the way his head snapped around when Irsay said that… that was priceless

I’m 90+% sure Ballard is in on it and doing a little troll job of his own. The head whip was theater. If Chris Ballard is so surprised that we have to find a young QB to develop that he’s visibly stricken by it then he should have been out of the league yesterday. Why would he be so surprised at the idea? It would be absolutely inexcusable for someone in his position to be. 

But what really gave it away was the little quip he just couldn’t help but add about trading back, and how that was gonna become a twitter quote. 

Ballard is a much dryer troll than Irsay and that makes it harder to detect, but they’re definitely playing off of one another right now. 

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’m 90+% sure Ballard is in on it and doing a little troll job of his own. The head whip was theater. If Chris Ballard is so surprised that we have to find a young QB to develop that he’s visibly stricken by it then he should have been out of the league yesterday. Why would he be so surprised at the idea? It would be absolutely inexcusable for someone in his position to be. 

But what really gave it away was the little quip he just couldn’t help but add about trading back, and how that was gonna become a twitter quote. 

Ballard is a much dryer troll than Irsay and that makes it harder to detect, but they’re definitely playing off of one another right now. 

What I gathered from their skit yesterday is that they still have a really good relationship and are working together. And by working together I mean they're trolling everyone and it's hilarious. 

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

What I gathered from their skit yesterday is that they still have a really good relationship and are working together. And by working together I mean they're trolling everyone and it's hilarious. 

I’m all the way here for it because the crowd it’s meant to hit the hardest are already swallowing the hook. 

33 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’m all the way here for it because the crowd it’s meant to hit the hardest are already swallowing the hook. 

Yep and then it’s even funnier when all these conspiracies arise only to look back and be like, yep they telegraphed it and Most missed it

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Yep and then it’s even funnier when all these conspiracies arise only to look back and be like, yep they telegraphed it and Most missed it

Yeah. I don't believe the conspiracy that they needed to "convince" Jim to not hire Saturday. I think if anything the other candidates were so strong they did all the convincing, especially Shane obviously. I do think Irsay went with Jeff mid-season just to see if an immediate change would do anything to get the team back on track, and then went from there. 

1 hour ago, cjrulli said:

A little showmanship and fun from the Owner. I love it. 

Making other teams think we actually want Bryce and making them think we are merely acting like we want Bryce to try and get someone else. At the same time driving up prices for the Texans to trade with the Bears. 

None of us or them will know until draft day. 

I suspect no. 1 will be traded before the draft. 

Well reality speaking a lot of teams could trade up to get Young, and knowing the colts and ballard, the colts are unlikely to trade up. 

And besides that, the colts have pick #4, not #1 or #2. The bears and Texans are in better positions to throw up smoke screens (which other GM's wouldn't take seriously anyway) since they have the more valuable picks. 

Just now, Stephen said:

Yea im trying to read between the lines to see who we really want but it is anyones guess at this point

I seriously doubt the colts know who they want. And though they may or may not be leaning on someone, it can all change with more film work, combine, interviews, pro days etc....

I think after the underwear olympics, AR15's  stock may rise and could throw a monkey wrench in current GM's  veiws? 

The top 3 could fall after the combine? 

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I seriously doubt the colts know who they want. And though they may or may not be leaning on someone, it can all change with more film work, combine, interviews, pro days etc....

I think after the underwear olympics, AR15's  stock may rise and could throw a monkey wrench in current GM's  veiws? 

The top 3 could fall after the combine? 

Underwear Olympics, LMAO love it!

Jack Nicholson Lol GIF 

20 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Yea im trying to read between the lines to see who we really want but it is anyones guess at this point

I don't know why, but I have a hunch the bears want Quentin Johnston to pair with Fields. I can see them trading from 1 to 2, from 2 to 4, and from 4 to 7 just before the falcons who could want Johnston as well. So the draft looks like this

Texans - Bryce Young

Colts - C.J Stroud

Cards - Jalen Carter

Raiders - Will Levis

Seahawks - Will Anderson

Lions - Tyree Wilson

Bears - Quentin Johnston 

38 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I don't know why, but I have a hunch the bears want Quentin Johnston to pair with Fields. I can see them trading from 1 to 2, from 2 to 4, and from 4 to 7 just before the falcons who could want Johnston as well. So the draft looks like this

Texans - Bryce Young

Colts - C.J Stroud

Cards - Jalen Carter

Raiders - Will Levis

Seahawks - Will Anderson

Lions - Tyree Wilson

Bears - Quentin Johnston 

BEARS do need to reload at wr to give fields better weapons

Half the mocks out there already have us trading up to #1, so he's not really putting anything new out there.  No mind games necessary.

It's Jim, so I would say he wants to trade to #1.  Who knows if it ultimately happens or not.

It's amazing how intelligent Chris and Jim are.  They are Jedi Mind tricking the rest of the NFL man.   Wow they're  smart.

Also we have some amazingly sharp posters on here.  THEY actually get Jim and Chris' diabolical subterfuge, but the rest of the NFL offices don't.

Man we are lucky.

So Excited Flirting GIF

This will be a fun offseason, mostly because we are in a position of power as opposed to previous offseasons. Based on Steichen, we could literally go after any of the 4 top QBs. Young and Richardson are closer to Jalen Hurts. Stroud is closer to Rivers. Levis is the odd man out IMO. I think we go Stroud right now, but I could see Ballard fooling everybody and trading down a few spots to take Richardson and grab another 2nd round pick. 

29 minutes ago, Nickster said:

It's amazing how intelligent Chris and Jim are.  They are Jedi Mind tricking the rest of the NFL man.   Wow they're  smart.

Also we have some amazingly sharp posters on here.  THEY actually get Jim and Chris' diabolical subterfuge, but the rest of the NFL offices don't.

Man we are lucky.

So Excited Flirting GIF

some people cant just think irsay has no filter and says things that come to mind .    instead its  a conspiracy that ballard and irsay got together before the press conference to try and panic the texans to trade up .    i am not so sure with all the things on the colts plate right now they have the time to scheme to hurt the texans

10 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

some people cant just think irsay has no filter and says things that come to mind .    instead its  a conspiracy that ballard and irsay got together before the press conference to try and panic the texans to trade up .    i am not so sure with all the things on the colts plate right now they have the time to scheme to hurt the texans

Scheming to hurt the Texans, probably not. Irsay saying what is on his mind, even without the permission of Ballard, probably yes. Irsay saying something that may not be what Ballard is thinking of executing, probably yes.

By virtue of that, misleading without intention, an emphatic yes. Even an unfiltered mind can be incoherent and untruthful enough to mislead. So, whether you want to give Irsay credit or not, it was enough to mislead other teams and us fans too, that is the point.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Scheming to hurt the Texans, probably not. Irsay saying what is on his mind, even without the permission of Ballard, probably yes. Irsay saying something that may not be what Ballard is thinking of executing, probably yes.

By virtue of that, misleading without intention, an emphatic yes. Even an unfiltered mind can be incoherent and untruthful enough to mislead. So, whether you want to give Irsay credit or not, it was enough to mislead other teams and us fans too, that is the point.

i just think the most reasonable answer is irsay likes bryce young .   it doesnt really matter what irsay says any way because if the colts call the bears with a trade offer the bears are calling the texans to match .    either way  what irsay says shouldnt matter even  if the texans want stroud and think he is better they are gonna wanna trade up to get their guy .   i dont think the texans are gonna bank on what irsay says to decide whether or not to trade up they already know the colts are gonna look into trading up .

Just now, coming on strong said:

i just think the most reasonable answer is irsay likes bryce young .   it doesnt really matter what irsay says any way because if the colts call the bears with a trade offer the bears are calling the texans to match .    either way  what irsay says shouldnt matter even  if the texans want stroud and think he is better they are gonna wanna trade up to get their guy .   i dont think the texans are gonna bank on what irsay says to decide whether or not to trade up they already know the colts are gonna look into trading up .

True. He may like Bryce Young, but he didn't say he didn't like the other young QBs. He may like Bryce Young but it doesn't mean Ballard will pull the trigger on him before the other QBs. Or he may be just giving us "a name" he likes. 

The bottom line, just by saying something, all he did is get us talking. :) 

If they sign a Gardner Minshew or a Jameis Winston type in free agency I predict a Trade back to the teens, draft the best edge or WR and then draft Hendon Hooker in the 2nd or 3rd round.

He fits Steichen mold of accuracy, decision making and the ability to create just as good or better than the rest. He did beat Bama too….

66.9 completion percentage, 80-12 TD to INT w/2000+ rushing yards & 25 TD’s

Also comes with Peyton Mannings support and recommendation. 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

True. He may like Bryce Young, but he didn't say he didn't like the other young QBs. He may like Bryce Young but it doesn't mean Ballard will pull the trigger on him before the other QBs. Or he may be just giving us "a name" he likes. 

The bottom line, just by saying something, all he did is get us talking. :) 

i could be wrong but i think either way if the colts want stroud or young they are gonna have to trade up to either 1 or 2 .  if the texans trade up to 1 to block the colts , the colts will have to trade up with the bears again .   teams that need QBs get very desperate and start throwing first around the bears or cardinals might by pass taking one of the elite defenders just for more picks because they have so many holes .

10 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i could be wrong but i think either way if the colts want stroud or young they are gonna have to trade up to either 1 or 2 .  if the texans trade up to 1 to block the colts , the colts will have to trade up with the bears again .   teams that need QBs get very desperate and start throwing first around the bears or cardinals might by pass taking one of the elite defenders just for more picks because they have so many holes .

The moment Ballard hears "Texans are offering this, what can you offer?", I bet Ballard is out. Texans at best will offer a 2nd rounder for moving 1 spot and maybe a future 3rd to go with it but Ballard is unlikely to get into a bidding war. Bears however want a first rounder in the future, only teams at the Colts spot and later in the draft will offer that. That is why I feel the Texans won't trade with the Bears.

Archived