Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The playoff thread

2006Coltsbestever

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I blame the chargers head coach for that loss…stemming back from last week when he played his starters in a game that would not change the outcome of their playoff seeding… injured players and the they weren’t available and your guys could have rested a bit more almost like a free bye week. 

SMH…I didn’t want Jags to win but it is what it is. They won’t get to the main show that’s for sure.

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Crazy, Payton to Chargers, Staley out

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking and the Broncos and Chargers will be fighting over Payton while the Texans are my dark horse for Payton, which won’t be good for us. After seeing how Doug Pederson has the Jaguars playing, Texans management might want a SB winning HC too in Payton.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking and the Broncos and Chargers will be fighting over Payton while the Texans are my dark horse for Payton, which won’t be good for us. After seeing how Doug Pederson has the Jaguars playing, Texans management might want a SB winning HC too in Payton.

Payton would be nuts to not take chargers job if offered. Texans he can build but chargers are ready to win. Have a young QB too.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Payton would be nuts to not take chargers job if offered. Texans he can build but chargers are ready to win. Have a young QB too.

Its Dean Spanos, he’s been cheap on HC hirings like the Bengals owner “used to be”. Norv Turner, Ken Wisenhunt, Anthony Lynn, Brandon Staley, none really pop out of the screens as hires.

We will see. 

The thing that has surprised me the most is the improvisation ability of Brock Purdy. If he can extend plays, with a healthy CMC, Deebo and Kittle, it’s going to be hard to not find one of them open. Plus the OL of the 49ers, seems like Purdy is sipping tea , scanning and letting it go like Brady used to do with the Patriots.

Plus, outside the 1997 playoffs with the Broncos, teams that beat the Jaguars in the playoffs have not won the SB. Doesn’t bode well for the Chiefs even if they beat them. I just doubt the Dolphins or Ravens aren’t going to be much of a problem. I’m still leaning 49ers for winning it all.

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

Glad I decided to finish watching. Almost shut it off at halftime. 

Jags wanted a miracle, I give you Justin Herbert. Up 27-0 and can't close. I don't want to ever hear again that it was all Matt Ryan's fault Atlanta blew a 28-3 lead in the SB after tonight's crap show. At least Atlanta lost to the GOAT. 

If Matt gets blamed for that, then should Herbert for tonight.

In all the praises rightfully directed at Lawrence, another hero who made a clutch play : Travis Etienne. 

On 4 & 1 in 4th quarter, 1:27 minute left in the game while trailing 28-30, not getting a first down would've most probably resulted in a loss, after Lawrence pass was incomplete on 3rd & 1.

Etienne ran for 25 yards! Play design, formation, motions and execution were all perfectly designed and carried out, but it still required Etienne to correctly diagnose the DB/LB coming for him to run outside at top speed to evade TFL, and even beat a couple of defenders, break a tackle to get to the red zone. 

After that play, all they needed was for their kicker to send it in, for the game winning FG. 

Kudos to the kicker Riley Patterson, who has emerged as one of the reliable kickers in past two seasons! 

If Chargers Rookie kicker, Cameron Dicker, hadn't earlier missed a 40-yard FG attempt (i don't know if it was missed or blocked), Jaguars would've had to score a TD to win the game in the end, but it was not to be. 

2 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I'd have, but it was morning here. 

I assume that was already closer to dawn for you! 

Yes, it was like 4 a.m. When I went to bed. I dezed off quite a few times betwenn the two games and at the beginning of the chargers / jags game. Already had a tough workout going yesterday, so I've been tired as h.... :sleepy:

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Justin Herbert needs a offensive minded head coach.

Andrew Luck never had a run game and with Chuck and the slew of OC's he had was MEH, yet he won 4 playoff games. Chuck was defensive minded. 

Herbert is good but he isn't elite, I have been saying this for the last 3 years. I was wrong about him saying he would be bad, maybe average coming out but the people saying he is on Mahomes, Allen, or Burrow's level are just wrong. He isn't, last night proved it again. If he loses next year, then what? In some people's mind, it is never his fault when the Chargers lose.

Archived