Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The playoff thread

2006Coltsbestever

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Superman said:

It's a false premise. Teams win games. Mahomes is absolutely better than Burrow, yet the Bengals beat the Chiefs in the playoffs last season. Burrow didn't beat Mahomes, because QBs don't beat each other. 

As it relates to Herbert, the question I care about is whether he can play QB well enough to build a contending team around him. You continue to bring up other players, and those other players are not relevant. 

The QB is the most important position on the field, if he doesn't make key plays in close games, then your team will never win. Herbert let me down last night but what is funny is it didn't shock me. I wonder why?

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Dolphins were only in this because of turnovers. If bills stop turning it over they should win.

This game is taking forever. It’s going to end up running into the other game.

Sooo many incompletions..

But yeah this is what happens when you're playing a 3rd string QB. This game was never in doubt for bills. Same tonight for the bengals 

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is wrong with asking the question if he can beat Mahomes, Allen, or Burrow? Everyone talks about that type of stuff everyday. I would take Herbert FWIW to be my QB over anyone we have, so I already answered that. I would take Kirk Cousins over anyone we have FWIW or even Carr. 

Yes I think he can with a good HC and team support on the run offense.

He did beat Mahomes a year ago and has fought him close several games. The question is if he can as a Charger. The ownership and their hires over the years are not as good as other franchises. 

Mahomes did blow an 18 point lead at home last year in the AFCCG. So I’m not holding the 27 point lead blown against Herbert solely on the road.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The QB is the most important position on the field, if he doesn't make key plays in close games, then your team will never win. Herbert let me down last night but what is funny is it didn't shock me. I wonder why?

It's been the same thing forever.  The QB gets too much credit and too much blame. As good as a QB is it takes the players around him to make the plays. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

If the Dolphins can do this with a 7th rd backup what will the Bengals or Chiefs be able to do.  Allen looks like he’s good for 2-3 interceptions a game.

He’s a gunslinger for sure. Not afraid to take shots downfield when he’s got Diggs. It’s both good and bad. 

36 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yes I think he can with a good HC and team support on the run offense.

He did beat Mahomes a year ago and has fought him close several games. The question is if he can as a Charger. The ownership and their hires over the years are not as good as other franchises. 

Mahomes did blow an 18 point lead at home last year in the AFCCG. So I’m not holding the 27 point lead blown against Herbert solely on the road.

Just like when Matt Ryan's Atlanta team blowing a 28-3 lead in the SB (against the GOAT I might add), it was "solely" his fault as some say, so I agree but yet some put 100% of the blame on Matt. Problem is, some in here love blaming the QB when his team loses to fit their narrative but when a QB they love loses, they blame everyone else.

Archived