Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The playoff thread

2006Coltsbestever

13 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Bengals are talking way too much smack against the Chiefs. I'm worried it's going to burn them badly this weekend. 

I hope not.  

And I'm hoping for a Bengals/49ers SB rematch.

So........it will probabl be  Eagles/Chiefs. :dunno::nutz:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic
10 hours ago, jonjon said:

Anyone have any playoff plans (parties etc)? I don't, but have stocked up well on beer, brats, chips, and beef jerky. OK so it won't be a healthy weekend.

Family members are huge Bengals fans, so we will watch game together and cheer them on.

22 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Bengals are talking way too much smack against the Chiefs. I'm worried it's going to burn them badly this weekend. 

Kansas City lineman Willie Gay said that nothing impresses him about the Bengal's O-line. The smack talk is going both ways. This is part of football, so I don't think too much about it. 

Just now, teganslaw said:

Kansas City lineman Willie Gay said that nothing impresses him about the Bengal's O-line. The smack talk is going both ways. This is part of football, so I don't think too much about it. 

Yeah I just saw that most of the players on both teams are keeping to themselves. Chase had no response to that comment. 

Let's hope for a good game, and that Mahomes doesn't seriously hurt himself for the long-term trying to play. He's worrying me a little bit right now. 

Yeesssssss!!! Chiefs beat those trash talking Bengals!!! I love it!!! 

Bad things happen when I watch, that is my superstition. First series of the game, McDuffie drops an INT off Burrow and then their possibly best corner Sneed goes out. I then switched it off. It is always tense when I watch the guys I want to win. I was way toooo tense when Peyton beat Brady in the 2006 AFCCG!!! Almost takes the enjoyment out of watching them win. So I said, "heck with it, I can't watch Burrow beat Mahomes one more time, no way, if it happens that Mahomes wins, I'll take it but I can't sit through the entire game only to find out the Bengals win". I just checked the scores to see Mahomes and the Chiefs won. Last year, when Mahomes lost, I was heart broken. I wanted Burrow to lose badly and when I heard he was winning at the half during the SB, I was rooting like mad for Stafford to win in the 4th qtr. and was ecstatic. 

Burrow's Bengals' trash talking is like Richard Sherman's LOB trash talking after beating the 49ers before the 2014 SB. I so badly wanted the Bengals to lose, just like I wanted Sherman's Seahawks to lose then that I was willing to root for Tom Brady and the Patriots. Little did I know Tom Brady would resume winning SBs, another 4 of them :(

At least Sherman and folks won a SB. Burrow's Bengals haven't won a SB and talk like they have won too much.

Anyway, super stoked Burrow and the Bengals lost. Rooting for the Chiefs but won't be sad if Sirianni wins either. Going to be a great game plan devised by both coaches. May the best team win.

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

@Chrisaaron1023 - you and I predicted 49ers vs Chiefs at the beginning of this thread at the beginning of the playoffs, at least got 1 right, lol :) 

Lol imo the AFC was harder to predict with the top 3 teams being interchangeable essentially, and I got it 100% correct.

You did better in the NFC since I clearly disrespected the eagles lol. 

I sure hope the chiefs can win but I'm not sure

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol imo the AFC was harder to predict with the top 3 teams being interchangeable essentially, and I got it 100% correct.

You did better in the NFC since I clearly disrespected the eagles lol. 

I sure hope the chiefs can win but I'm not sure

Yeah, the good thing for the Eagles is that they don’t have to play 2 of the Chiefs, Bengals and Bills, AFC is top heavy. 2nd year in a row that the team that didn’t have to play 2 of the top 3 in the AFC makes it to the SB.

16 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think the Eagles will win but I'll be rooting for the Chiefs.   i hope the Chiefs are able to get a couple WR's back in the next 2 weeks.

Yeah, playing on a bum ankle and without his top 3 WRs in Hardman, Toney and JuJu, Mahomes earned some serious respect across the league. Who’s that Kemp guy that he was throwing to? 

Outside Toney or Hardman that might make the Bengals roster as a WR3, he’s basically playing with WR3s and a TE1. Eagles will be just like the Bengals weapons wise on pass catchers with 2 WR1s. Most importantly the Chiefs need their best coverage CB Sneed, and their best coverage LB Willie Gay that we’re both injured yesterday back for the SB.

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Bad things happen when I watch, that is my superstition.

Bad things happen to me no matter if I'm watching or not. 

2006 was the last time... 

KC fans have every right to talk trash now. 5 straight AFC championships and a 3rd trip to the big one in 4 years. They might be a threat to the Patriots dynasty when it's all said and done. 

I hope Cincy shuts up now. I love the Bengals but I hate this trash talking crap. We're no better than the Titans at this point. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Bad things happen to me no matter if I'm watching or not. 

2006 was the last time... 

KC fans have every right to talk trash now. 5 straight AFC championships and a 3rd trip to the big one in 4 years. They might be a threat to the Patriots dynasty when it's all said and done. 

I hope Cincy shuts up now. I love the Bengals but I hate this trash talking crap. We're no better than the Titans at this point. 

Eagles fans are just as bad, not a classy bunch either to visiting fans, so I heard. 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Eagles fans are just as bad, not a classy bunch either to visiting fans, so I heard 

I was 7 when I went with my dad to that stadium. I was decked out in Colts gear and people were throwing trash at us. So... yeah... I'll never be a Philly fan. 

I like Hurts as a person though.

Archived