Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dear God, I tried with facts and you still managed to move the goal posts. Oh well, enjoy your night.

Huh?  You brought up 2019.  I don't even know who you're talking about.

There are no facts to talk about when were talking about having a running QB with JT, because that hasn't happened yet.

18 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'm suggesting that he is a developmental QB.  Those are the kind of QBs we don't know if or when they will get to where they need to be.  His athleticism still wont get him on the field if he doesn't ever improve on the things he needs to.

Josh Allen did.  I would study JA to see why he improved or where he was coming out of college.  And I don't mean just completion percentage and stats.

All rookies are developmental. I dont expect him to be a complete player right away.

I wouldnt mind us taking a big swing with him at all. Its not like Levis is a finished product either.

I seriously doubt any QB is going to throw the ball 12 times a game even with Taylor. Lamar averages roughly 25 attempts throughout his whole career. With Taylor it could drop but not much. It would still be over 20 and not only that Lamar's % would probably even be better because of the that RB threat. That is all I have, I am out folks, time to sleep. It has been fun.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I seriously doubt any QB is going to throw the ball 12 times a game even with Taylor. Lamar averages roughly 25 attempts throughout his whole career. With Taylor it could drop but not much. It would still be over 20 and not only that Lamar's % would probably even be better because of the that RB threat. That is all I have, I am out folks, time to sleep. It has been fun.

Wait what? Only throw it 12 times? Only Wentz has thrown that few

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Wait what? He wants the guaranteed portion to be larger than Watson’s? Does he not realize that watsons is fully guaranteed?! How can you get a “larger guaranteed portion” than that?

Im guessing its not percentage he wants but probably a longer deal so like a 7 year deal with 250,000,000 guaranteed, so its not all guaranteed but a larger guarantee than Watson.

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What do you guys think? 

I don’t think so.  Those teams already have quarterbacks and are close enough to wait for one of those quarterbacks to fall if they are even interested.  Hard to believe they would use their 1st pick ,which are high picks , on the 3rd or 4th quarterback prospect.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

She has AR going to the Colts.

I listened to Holder today and hd said Colts like Richardson. He seemed to know a lot more than he was letting on but wouldn't say anymore.  What would this board so if the Titans moved up to 3 and drafted Richarson if that is who the Colts wanted lol?? If that happened, Irsay should lean over to Ballard and say u r fired lol. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is the threat he can run which puts the defense on their heels. A fast  QB that can run will draw defenses toward him if he starts to take off still behind the los, like LB's, etc. once that happens the QB can have an easy dump off to someone wide open.

You are describing this point that is understood by 12 year Olds now.

Doug is making points that are laughable to a 11 year old.

I'm guessing you two are playing some sort of game and you both have been up for at least 48 hours. It would help explain this thread.

34 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I listened to Holder today and hd said Colts like Richardson. He seemed to know a lot more than he was letting on but wouldn't say anymore.  What would this board so if the Titans moved up to 3 and drafted Richarson if that is who the Colts wanted lol?? If that happened, Irsay should lean over to Ballard and say u r fired lol. 

Colts could also be leaking out info to force a team to get the wrong QB. 

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Absolutely. Honestly, I find it so stressful . The night of the draft is going to kill me lol

I've been focusing on baseball today. So I've only caught up on news just recently. Draft night is going to be crazy for the first time in a while though. Probably is the most important draft since 2018.

I think Will Anderson is who the Cardinals need and want, but to trade out of the 3 slot means they won’t get him because if a team goes to 3 for a QB, I am sold on the Colts taking Will Anderson and then just like that, Ballard’s saying they get the best player in the draft at the 4 slot becomes fact. :)

Regarding Anthony Richardson and his shortcoming that people keep talking about, keep in mind that he is ONLY 20 years old! It seems like he should have a lot of upside potential in correcting the perceived shortcomings being that he’s still just a babe.

I think I am coming around to decisively preferring Richardson over Levis, but if AR goes 2nd, I’d happily settle for Bryce Young at 4. 

2 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I think Will Anderson is who the Cardinals need and want, but to trade out of the 3 slot means they won’t get him because if a team goes to 3 for a QB, I am sold on the Colts taking Will Anderson and then just like that, Ballard’s saying they get the best player in the draft at the 4 slot becomes fact. :)

Regarding Anthony Richardson and his shortcoming that people keep talking about, keep in mind that he is ONLY 20 years old! It seems like he should have a lot of upside potential in correcting the perceived shortcomings being that he’s still just a babe.

I think I am coming around to decisively preferring Richardson over Levis, but if AR goes 2nd, I’d happily settle for Bryce Young at 4. 

Agree with this 100%

9 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I think Zona will be targeting thr two top Dends and Carter. Those guysceill fly off thr board after the Colts. If they trade down, it won't be that far. I think Seattle, Lions and Raiders r eyeing those 3

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Colts could also be leaking out info to force a team to get the wrong QB. 

At this point, I just assume EVERYBODY is leaking Faldo info to increase confusion and to try to influence teams to bypass certain players so that they slip in the draft.    This time of year is known as lying season for very good reason! 

Its crazy that we still have like 28 days until the draft, there is alot of time for things to change. At this point idk if I like Anthony Richardson or I'm trying to get excited about him as a possibility although Texans could still take him at 2 and leave Bryce Young to us (I would be shocked if Panthers don't take Stroud, he seems like the perfect fit for Reich).

I heard some stats about Richardson in a podcast today that I think are interesting: 

-on throws 10-19 yards(what people consider intermediate throws) he was 53/87, which is 61% and averaged over 10yards per attempt... this is very good efficiency on those throws! 

-on deep throws 20+ yards... 26/64 (~41%), 15.6 yards per attempt(!!!)... 9TDs/2INTs... 93.1 PFF passing grade on deep throws!!!!

-on short throws 51/88 (58% completion) 4TDs/5INT!! This is horrible!!! 

So... he's great on intermediate and deep throws... he already is one of the best QBs in this draft at those. What's going on short throws? And is it fixable? The fact that he's a one speed thrower might have something to do with it. He needs to develop a better touch on short throws... from tape something I've seen is that he overthrows short passes a lot. You almost never see him underthrow something. It's usually high and wild. How easy is this to fix? Because arguably he already does some of the really hard things well. 

15 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm convinced honestly that AR will be the pick that I've started thinking of 35. Jalin Hyatt intrigues me so much. I know we signed McKenzie, but man he can be our new T.Y

I've seen Jalin Hyatt fall to the 3rd round in a lot of recent mocks. As far as 99th. Don't know why yet, but if there's a logical reason, we may be able to get him at 79. Sounds dumb, but there are fallers in the draft every year that we get surprised by. Just last year, it happened with Travis Jones and Nakobe Dean.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I've seen Jalin Hyatt fall to the 3rd round in a lot of recent mocks. As far as 99th. Don't know why yet, but if there's a logical reason, we may be able to get him at 79. Sounds dumb, but there are fallers in the draft every year that we get surprised by. Just last year, it happened with Travis Jones and Nakobe Dean.

I've seen mid second in some mocks 

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I've seen mid second in some mocks 

I think he definitely falls to 35 as of now. I would personally be fine with a trade down to get him. Trade down with a team such as the Raiders or Titans if Hooker makes it to us and we take a QB at 4, or just find a trade partner if there's a player that falls like an O-Lineman that we don't want. 

Right now, I'm looking at guys like Zay Flowers ahead of him though at WR. I'm really not too interested in WR tbh that high unless it's a trade down. I'd rather have a CB at 35 and a WR at 79 like Trey Palmer or Tyler Scott.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think he definitely falls to 35 as of now. I would personally be fine with a trade down to get him. Trade down with a team such as the Raiders or Titans if Hooker makes it to us and we take a QB at 4, or just find a trade partner if there's a player that falls like an O-Lineman that we don't want. 

Right now, I'm looking at guys like Zay Flowers ahead of him though at WR. I'm really not too interested in WR tbh that high unless it's a trade down. I'd rather have a CB at 35 and a WR at 79 like Trey Palmer or Tyler Scott.

I've heard a rumor Colts might sign Shaq Griffin 

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I've heard a rumor Colts might sign Shaq Griffin 

That's what I'm hoping 100%. He would make our CBs serviceable heading into the draft if we signed him. The position would still be a need, but we wouldn't be forced to draft one like we almost are right now. That'd give us 3 starters with Rodgers. Moore, and Griffin and effectively allow us to go BPA at 35.

35 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You don’t want an offensive lineman on Day Two?     Or do you think we’re going to sign some free agent guard that will fix the Colts problem? 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

You don’t want an offensive lineman on Day Two?     Or do you think we’re going to sign some free agent guard that will fix the Colts problem? 

I think it's a weak interior O-Line class. I honestly hope to get a depth guy like Braeden Daniels or Mclendon Curtis to compete for the starting job. Someone like Dalton Risner would be a good signing as well IMO. I'd rather use the top 3 picks on premium positions tbh.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Id be plenty ok with Richardson, however im also planning to see us have a shot at Stroud bc i still think Frank is enamoured with AR15 and they may take him at #1. In that case Strouds landing right in our lap.

I think if Stroud falls to 3 there will be a bidding war to trade with Arizona, and I think the Colts would make an offer.  

Either way, I don’t see Stroud falling into our lap.    Wish it wasn’t so, I’d be thrilled to get him.   

All that said, I don’t see Carolina taking AR.   

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think if Stroud falls to 3 there will be a bidding war to trade with Arizona, and I think the Colts would make an offer.  

Either way, I don’t see Stroud falling into our lap.    Wish it wasn’t so, I’d be thrilled to get him.   

All that said, I don’t see Carolina taking AR.   

Small chance but not ruling out. I think Frank can certainly build a nice offense around Stroud no doubt. However i think set up wise he wants more of what Philly had with Hurts. A QB who can be used as a planned runner to add to his rushing attack. Frank wants to emphasize rushing to set up his RPO game. I doubt Stroud will ever be a regular in the rushing attack but you can certainly do that with AR 15. Thats why im leaving a small chance open for AR to go #1. I doubt it happens but for the reasons i listed im watchful.

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think it's a weak interior O-Line class. I honestly hope to get a depth guy like Braeden Daniels or Mclendon Curtis to compete for the starting job. Someone like Dalton Risner would be a good signing as well IMO. I'd rather use the top 3 picks on premium positions tbh.

After the disaster of the OL in 2022,  I want the OL fixed.   I’d love Risner, but I don’t think it’s encouraging that he hasn’t signed.   Likely wants too much.  

The draft guys you like I like too.  But I don’t see either as a quality week one starter.   I agree the draft IOL class is weak.   So personally, I’d like Ballard to trade down 5-6 spots in R2 and get a decent 4 giving the Colts two picks in that round.   

Id use the Colts 2nd round pick in a RG like Avila who could start and play decently.  I’d use the 3rd round pick 79 on a CB.   And then the Colts have two 4th round picks and a high 5 to find players who can make the roster and contribute.   I’d like a WR, another CB and BPA.   

After that, I think the draft is going to dry up pretty fast.   I’m not sure the Colts are going to find a 54 man roster level player with the two late R5 picks they still have and especially the two R7 picks as well.   I can see those four picks only getting PS level players.   Honestly,  I’d be tempted to trade those picks for 2024 picks.   I certainly hope I’m wrong, but that’s my hunch 5 weeks from the draft.  

After the disaster of the OL in 2022,  I want the OL fixed.   I’d love Risner, but I don’t think it’s encouraging that he hasn’t signed.   Likely wants too much.  

The draft guys you like I like too.  But I don’t see either as a quality week one starter.   I agree the draft IOL class is weak.   So personally, I’d like Ballard to trade down 5-6 spots and get a decent 4 giving the Colts two picks in that round.   

Id use the Colts 2nd round pick in a RG like Avila who could start and play decently.  I’d use the 3rd round pick 79 on a CB.   And then the Colts have two 4th round picks and a high 5 to find players who can make the roster and contribute.   I’d like a WR, another CB and BPA.   

After that, I think the draft is going to dry up pretty fast.   I’m not sure the Colts are going to find a 54 man roster level player with the two late R5 picks they still have and especially the two R7 picks as well.   I can see those four picks only getting PS level players.   Honestly,  I’d be tempted to trade those picks for 2024 picks.   I certainly hope I’m wrong, but that’s my hunch 5 weeks from the draft.  

The positive with the interior O-Line in this class is that most of the good players are going to be available at 35 for us if we want them. Maybe all of them. Torrence will probably be gone and maybe Schmitz, but Avila, Tippman, and Wypler will definitely be there. IMO, Avila is a day 1 starter. Tippman is more of a C IMO, and we have Kelly and Pinter for that. That really leaves Avila and Wypler, or a trade up for Torrence as Schmitz is a C as well. 

I'm fine with Avila if Ballard believes either A.) A CB like Darius Rush will make it to 79 or B.) We sign Shaq Griffin before the draft and make CB much less of a need. Getting a backup OT there's some interesting options as well. I love Duncan and Bergeron in the 3rd and Wanya Morris in the 4th. Those are other guys I like. Another depth guy I like is Ryan Hayes with our last 5th round pick.

I would definitely trade the 7th rounders for 6th rounders next year if given the chance.

The draft guys you like I like too.  But I don’t see either as a quality week one starter.   I agree the draft IOL class is weak.   So personally, I’d like Ballard to trade down 5-6 spots in R2 and get a decent 4 giving the Colts two picks in that round.   

Really look at the OL and who do you see getting replaced besides Fries? I dont see anybody really. Kelly is coming back, and Pinter is still here so im not sure if i see us taking a high pick on a center. Only thing left from there is a starting right guard. That can be FA or the draft. Everything else is depth players as far as potential targets for us. We havent made any moves at all in FA to suggest to me that our staff thinks the personnel was the major issue.

Archived