Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh dear Harbaugh and Luck meeting with Irsay

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harbaugh would be a Big Fish for irsay to land and the timing looks good. Harbaugh was interested in the Viking gig just last season and it was said they decided not to offer him the job?

Anyway, I hope irsay gets him, that would be great for this organization. If it happens, I hope harbaugh gets full control, meaning Ballard is gone, that would be especially great for this organization too.

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Harbaugh would be a Big Fish for irsay to land and the timing looks good. Harbaugh was interested in the Viking gig just last season and it was said they decided not to offer him the job?

Anyway, I hope irsay gets him, that would be great for this organization. If it happens, I hope harbaugh gets full control, meaning Ballard is gone, that would be especially great for this organization too.

What was the last head coach that had full control and was successful? 

The last college coach turned NFL coach with full control was Chip Kelly and we all saw how terribly that ended. There is a reason that there are coaches and then there are GMs because it is way too much work for one person and it often leads to poor performances in both position's duties.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I doubt Irsay would make Jim H the highest NFL coach.. McVay is way up there... Or even the #2 (Bill B)... Indy is too small market to spend that type of cash IMO.. 

And IMO, control would be more important for Jim H, than $. Jim would want control over the draft, and roster. 

Imo, despite colts being thrifty, irsay I think will.do whatever it takes to get a guy like harbaugh considering what the colts have been and currently going through.

A Hugh upside if it happens is that harbaugh is currently in college and that's A big plus come.draft time.

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Imo, despite colts being thrifty, irsay I think will.do whatever it takes to get a guy like harbaugh considering what the colts have been and currently going through.

A Hugh upside if it happens is that harbaugh is currently in college and that's A big plus come.draft time.

I just don't see it (either way, or side). 

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

What was the last head coach that had full control and was successful? 

The last college coach turned NFL coach with full control was Chip Kelly and we all saw how terribly that ended. There is a reason that there are coaches and then there are GMs because it is way too much work for one person and it often leads to poor performances in both position's duties.

Doesn't Belichek have full control???

Anyway, not sure.Harbaugh is a GM type but I'd like for him to have full control just for the simple reason that it would mean.Ballard is gone...lol..

Besides, he couldn't do worse.than Ballard.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I'll believe a harbaugh signing when I see the presser. As far as.the money part, I could care less. It's not my money lol.

I don't care about money either. It's not my money, and it's not a impact to the cap.... I would care if it impacted the cap though... 

Regardless, I don't see Jim + Jim as a "fit" lol.. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

I don't care about money either. It's not my money, and it's not a impact to the cap.... I would care if it impacted the cap though... 

Regardless, I don't see Jim + Jim as a "fit" lol.. 

Serious question: How does anyone watch a Jim Harbaugh press conference or post-game interview and think: "Yeah, I want this malfunctioning replicant in charge of my football team."

What am I not seeing?  He burned every single bridge possible on the way out of San Francisco. 

John Harbaugh on the other hand?  All day. 

25 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Doesn't Belichek have full control???

Anyway, not sure.Harbaugh is a GM type but I'd like for him to have full control just for the simple reason that it would mean.Ballard is gone...lol..

Besides, he couldn't do worse.than Ballard.

Look at the patriots their roster is horrible. They were much better earlier in his career when he had less control. But even if that was a good argument, if your only example is the best NFL coach ever its not a good one.

I really don't think you see this Colts roster because it is loaded with talent, it is just in desperate need of a QB (younger than 30) and an OC.

I would love Harbough as a head coach but he likes college he has total control of his team and the roster. There's no Diva players that he has to deal with, he can cut anyone without worrying about contract implications. The only reason he talked to the vikings was leverage against Michigan during Contract talks.

21 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Serious question: How does anyone watch a Jim Harbaugh press conference or post-game interview and think: "Yeah, I want this malfunctioning replicant in charge of my football team."

What am I not seeing?  He burned every single bridge possible on the way out of San Francisco. 

I dont know how someone cant recognize the dude is an amazing football coach.

He is absolutely a hole. But he keeps getting great jobs because he is very good at his job.

Also, holes are under-rated. Nice guys are over-rated.

I would take him everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I doubt Irsay would make Jim H the highest NFL coach.. McVay is way up there... Or even the #2 (Bill B)... Indy is too small market to spend that type of cash IMO.. 

And IMO, control would be more important for Jim H, than $. Jim would want control over the draft, and roster. 

I dont know that it would take making him the highest paid coach. Just one of the highest paid coaches. And, I think Harbaugh wants a SB ring more than anything and he can only accomplish that in the NFL. 

I also think youre underestimating how badly Irsay wants to make a big splash and return the Colts to glory, and how little time he might have left to accomplish that. Hes aging like Joe Biden.

15 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

I like Jim. I'd be OK with him managing the football team. 

In terms his time in SF... I disagree. Do you know the details?

The GM was a clown, and he is still a clown....

Jim didn't get along with him (Baalke).. Baalke screwed up... And the owner regrets it... The fans loved Jim, hated Baalke. 

Baalke's next 2 HCs... both sucked... and the 49ers were horrible. 2 HCs... in 2 years...

And Baalke got the boot.... 

And Baalke is the guy that hired Urban Meyer lol.. bahahaha... 

Now Jim's record/resume....

• turned around San Diego
  • turned around Stanford who were bad... 
  • turned around the 49ers who were bad...
  • turned around Michigan (and they think he is god right now)... 

Again... he doesn't need Indy.. why would he come..... But Jim would love to have him. 

4 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

I dont know that it would take making him the highest paid coach. Just one of the highest paid coaches. And, I think Harbaugh wants a SB ring more than anything and he can only accomplish that in the NFL. 

I also think youre underestimating how badly Irsay wants to make a big splash and return the Colts to glory, and how little time he might have left to accomplish that. Hes aging like Joe Biden.

Doubt he walks from UM. Why would he. He's a grad. He's like god at UM. He has control. He makes top 5 NFL $ now... He'll likely be the next "highest paid" college HC if he wins the NC.. 

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Doubt he walks from UM. Why would he. He's a grad. He's like god at UM. He has control. He makes top 5 NFL $ now... He'll likely be the next "highest paid" college HC if he wins the NC.. 

I agree.   I wouldn't want him to have total control either.  I like the Owner/GM/Head Coach model much better.  

So I think the odds of Harbaugh coaching the Colts are very slim, but Irsay will ask.

10 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I’m a buckeye fan and I agree 100 percent.  I doubt it happens but wouldn’t hate it

Best case scenario - Harbaugh to the Colts, Vrabel to OSU.  

It’s a fantasy.  Sort of like TCU, USC, or TTUN losing this week.  

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

For that reason. He could accomplish his goal there and want a new challenge. 

And, because he wants a SB ring. And he is a competitive SOB who wants to be at the top level competing against the absolute best.

13 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

We know that the two will be in the building at the same time, and that's about it.  I believe all the rest is speculation.

Irsay is interested in JH as a coach.  Harbaugh has coached Luck before and now Irsay wants to talk to luck

Its not a huge reach to think Irsay will ask Luck about Jh as a coach.  Id be surprised if they didnt 

11 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Your fire BALLARD agenda is OLD.. If talent was that big of an issue on the team the Colts' wouldn't be in half the games they have been.  Look at all the TALENT on KC, Eagles, ect  and we the Colts beat KC and should have beaten the Eagles.   

Just because a GM doesn't draft the person a fan wants or bring in a vet that a FAN wants don't make them bad at their job. 

I hope Ballard gets another extension just to see you whine even more . 

Hey, if Harbaugh is not an option, my first option is always Mike Kafka, current OC of Giants, who spent 4 years with Andy Reid as QB coach and passing game assistant from 2018-2021, the same timeline as Mahomes' starting and play the last few years. He will be good with a rookie QB, just like Zac Taylor was good for Burrow.

However, the GM does need to invest in OL and pass catchers like the Bengals' GM did, plus add a few FAs on D.

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hey, if Harbaugh is not an option, my first option is always Mike Kafka, current OC of Giants, who spent 4 years with Andy Reid as QB coach and passing game assistant from 2018-2021, the same timeline as Mahomes' starting and play the last few years. He will be good with a rookie QB, just like Zac Taylor was good for Burrow.

However, the GM does need to invest in OL and pass catchers like the Bengals' GM did, plus add a few FAs on D.

A lot of people in here are smarter than me so I love how you and guys like @Btown_Colt and @Nickster, @NewColtsFanthink outside the box on what we should do. I have my strong opinions but I am far from knowing it all. I give some, the wrong impression of me I feel. I respect everyone's opinion in here actually. @lincolndefaneven lol. 

There are many in here I have learned from, I could list at least 10 others. IMO, our roster, coaching staff, QB will be all different in 2023. This off season is about to be a blow up people, so be prepared for it. 

32 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

It's stupid?  

No, in all seriousness..... It doesn't say you can't interview majority coaches.  Or that the minority interviews have to occur first.... Lmao. 

This wouldn't even be considered an official interview.  Just 2 friends hanging out talking football.

I agree that the Rooney rule is stupid.

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This off season is about to be a blow up people, so be prepared for it. 

Buckle up, butter cups, is what you are saying... :) 

We have here Mr. Darius Leonard - bidding starts at $5 million per for 5 years - $5 million, $5 million, $5 million, $10 million, $10 million, $10 million, $15 million, anyone else.........sold to the gentleman GM from the Packers for $15 mil per for 5 years  haha 

J/k  :) 

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I'll take that bet. Might not be the first year, but he'll get a GM job. And not sure he'll be canned... 

So what will you do if Ballard isn't fired? Or if he is fired, but gets another GM job?

Well I live way up here in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan lol. Of he doesn't get fired, I will stay off the forum for the 1st 4 games of next season. And what will u do if I am right?

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of people in here are smarter than me so I love how you and guys like @Btown_Colt and @Nickster, @NewColtsFanthink outside the box on what we should do. I have my strong opinions but I am far from knowing it all. I give some, the wrong impression of me I feel. I respect everyone's opinion in here actually. @lincolndefaneven lol. 

There are many in here I have learned from, I could list at least 10 others. IMO, our roster, coaching staff, QB will be all different in 2023. This off season is about to be a blow up people, so be prepared for it. 

I think you’re a good poster and obviously a big time Colts fan, so all good in my book.

29 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

What did I do/say to deserve this?  

You didn't, it was me just me being an rear end but your faces led me to that. I apologize. You know how I rate you in here as far as posting = top 5 ever. Sometimes when it comes to you I don't know how to debate you. You leave me sad faces and funny faces a lot and say nothing, is that fair? I am not sure if you are just joking or are you serious. 

19 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

:facepalm:...So reading comprehension isn't your strength. ...I asked you to enlighten me regarding Lynches GM qualifications. If that's too much to ask then...my bad.

Im not ducking you as you implied in another post.   I’m spending much less time on this website since this season is so miserable.   And yesterday, I spent most of the day and night at a family event.   That’s why I didn’t respond. 

And I answered your question in another post as it was asked first by another poster, so my response was to him.   Lynch had not done much of anything to get the job.  He did interview for the job and beat out 9 other candidates all of whom had much more experience.   So he gave a heckuva interview.   He’s a sharp, sharp guy. 

If your argument is Lynch had no experience and he’s done well, therefor Saturday has no experience so he should also do just as well….   I don’t support that view.   People are different.  They have different strengths and weaknesses.   I have no idea if Saturdays strengths would make him a good GM.   The jury is still out on whether he’s even a good HC. 

So, for example, Peyton Manning has zero interest in being a GM and he’s certainly smart enough.   Just because Saturday wants to coach doesn’t mean he wants to be a GM or is even qualified.   

If you want to stay with your line of reasoning, almost any former player who wants to be a GM should get that opportunity.   After all,  look at John Lynch,  no experience and he’s done well, so how hard could the job possibly be?!?  

The job is incredibly hard.   That’s why there are so few who are good at it.  Believe it or not, Ballard is good at his job.  One terrible season doesn’t change that.  Maybe it does for the fans, but not for people in the NFL.  

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I think you’re a good poster and obviously a big time Colts fan, so all good in my book.

Thanks man. Sometimes I go overboard and my posts sometimes makes it looks like it I know it all. That is not the case. You and many others know a lot more than me in certain area's. I just try to give people in here good history and my knowledge of the game.

13 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I have great concern with Irsay's behavior the last 2 years. It is quite obvious that he has injected himself into the decision making. If u step back, they have been the wrong decisions. Is he the Jerry Jones of the AFC or can he step back and let the  new regime run this team? I don't think people realize how Irsay's meddling will affect any top tier coach or GM candidate coming to Indy 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Moose Jaw is actually a city homer simpson lol GIF

Lol. Look it up. Yeah about 38,000. It is like -38 degrees outside. 

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I have great concern with Irsay's behavior the last 2 years. It is quite obvious that he has injected himself into the decision making. If u step back, they have been the wrong decisions. Is he the Jerry Jones of the AFC or can he step back and let the  new regime run this team? I don't think people realize how Irsay's meddling will affect any top tier coach or GM candidate coming to Indy 

Lol. Look it up. Yeah about 38,000. It is like -38 degrees outside. 

I had no idea. Great stuff! Just quit hating on Nelson other wise this guy could get angry = angry homer simpson GIF- just kidding but Homer's look is funny :thmup:

Zak Keefer has stated Luck was never in the Colts building. So if he did in fact meet Irsay, it was coincidental. He's here for the Big 10 Championship. 

Kent Sterling was saying pretty much the same thing. This is mostly rumor mill talk with not a lot of concrete evidence, designed to generate attention and clicks. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You didn't, it was me just me being an rear end but your faces led me to that. I apologize. You know how rate you in here as far as posting = top 5 ever. Sometimes when it comes to you I don't know how to debate you. You leave me sad faces and funny faces a lot and say nothing, is that fair? I am not sure if you are just joking or are you serious. 

Im mostly serious.  As I’ve tried to share with some posters, I’m spending much much less time on the website.  There is no joy, no fun (which is understandable) but also way way too much anger and insanity.   It was not hard to see this coming. 

The season has been spectacularly, mismanaged from the top down.   Irsay,  Ballard and Reich.   That has led to craziness here on the fan pages.  So I’m here less.   Sometimes it’s just easier to click on an emoji than write some post that’s only going to lead to 5-10 more posts and none will move the needle.   People’s opinions have been hardened this year.   Seems we’re all talking past each other.  It’s just not a fun place to be. 

Finally, while I always appreciate a compliment,  I want to be clear,  I do NOT think of myself as a top-5 poster.  I’m too polarizing.   I offend too many. 

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Im mostly serious.  As I’ve tried to share with some posters, I’m spending much much less time on the website.  There is no joy, no fun (which is understandable) but also way way too much anger and insanity.   It was not hard to see this coming. 

The season has been spectacularly, mismanaged from the top down.   Irsay,  Ballard and Reich.   That has led to craziness here on the fan pages.  So I’m here less.   Sometimes it’s just easier to click on an emoji than write some post that’s only going to lead to 5-10 more posts and none will move the needle.   People’s opinions have been hardened this year.   Seems we’re all talking past each other.  It’s just not a fun place to be. 

Finally, while I always appreciate a compliment,  I want to be clear,  I do NOT think of myself as a top-5 poster.  I’m too polarizing.   I offend too many. 

You are top 5 easily. 

Archived