Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh dear Harbaugh and Luck meeting with Irsay

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Buckeye if you would have told me two years ago that the Colts were going to hire Harbaugh I’d be yelling Nooo!  Keep him with TTUN so we can continue beating them.  

But now I’d say Please hire him!  
(Although I’d rather have Vrabel.)

3 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

We all have to realize lucks been out of football for what 4 years who to say he can even still play. 4 years is a career for the normal NFL guy. I love Andrew and always wonder what could have been but that ship has sailed 

The person who posted the tweet clarified luck isn’t coming back it’s more to court Harbaugh.

For what it’s worth….

Luck and Harbaugh were NOT close by the time Harbs left for the 49ers and the NFL.  Luck was tight with Shaw who is a really decent human being. 

I’ve always said Harbaugh would not be a good fit in the Colts building.  He rubs most everyone the wrong way and people are happy to see him leave when he goes.  

That said…..

If Irsay wants to give a Harbaugh and Ballard 4-5 years to get the most out of the roster knowing the clock would be ticking then Harbs might be the right guy.  JH is good for a good quick fix.  He’s not going to turn things around in 1-2 years, but he might get the most out of this roster over a window of 3-5 years.  

But many things would have to be negotiated.   Who controls the roster?  Ballard or Harbaugh?   Who controls the draft?   CB or Harbs?   Lots of potential for fireworks….  And those will eventually get out.    For better and worse,  Harbaugh is wired differently from everyone you know. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth….

Luck and Harbaugh were NOT close by the time Harbs left for the 49ers and the NFL.  Luck was tight with Shaw who is a really decent human being. 

I’ve always said Harbaugh would not be a good fit in the Colts building.  He rubs most everyone the wrong way and people are happy to see him leave when he goes.  

That said…..

If Irsay wants to give a Harbaugh and Ballard 4-5 years to get the most out of the roster knowing the clock would be ticking then Harbs might be the right guy.  JH is good for a good quick fix.  He’s not going to turn things around in 1-2 years, but he might get the most out of this roster over a window of 3-5 years.  

But many things would have to be negotiated.   Who controls the roster?  Ballard or Harbaugh?   Who controls the draft?   CB or Harbs?   Lots of potential for fireworks….  And those will eventually get out.    For better and worse,  Harbaugh is wired differently from everyone you know. 

I think it’s more luck talking to Harbaugh about why the colts would be a good fit for him. To tell you the truth I want a coach with a edge. Tired of soft players and all these goody goody players. We need more guys that play with a edge.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think it’s more luck talking to Harbaugh about why the colts would be a good fit for him. To tell you the truth I want a coach with a edge. Tired of soft players and all these goody goody players. We need more guys that play with a edge.

Harbaugh would generally be me as a coach, but he is obviously much smarter. I hope to see him as our coach next year. I do think the odds are above 0% now.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It would take a lot to get him away from Michigan. But I think Irsay would probably give him a lot of control. 

Agreed. I don't think it would be a bad thing to give him control though. He has had success at both the college and NFL level. I wouldn't mind it within reason (as long as he didn't change our defensive scheme or something extreme). 

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

isn't it weird Luck is involved though? Like why..

Luck enjoys college football still, and Irsay probably convinced him to help him recruit Harbaugh to the Colts as HC. Luck is a nice guy and probably doesn't mind, seeing how Irsay isn't trying to get him to play anymore.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck enjoys college football still, and Irsay probably convinced him to help him recruit Harbaugh to the Colts as HC. Luck is a nice guy and probably doesn't mind, seeing how Irsay isn't trying to get him to play anymore.

isn't all of this speculation though? how do we know its to court harbaugh?

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

isn't all of this speculation though? how do we know its to court harbaugh?

It is speculation, but if the guess is whether he is trying to get Luck back or Harbaugh as HC, I'm going with the latter. Luck is out of football shape and has made his feelings clear. Saturday is technically an interim HC.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

It is speculation, but if the guess is whether he is trying to get Luck back or Harbaugh as HC, I'm going with the latter. Luck is out of football shape and has made his feelings clear. Saturday is technically an interim HC.

i don't think Luck is coming back as a player. But to say its to court harbaugh is jumping to conclusions. I think the better answer is that it's weird, and we don't really know. 

I know that Luck's dad was interested in football management type stuff because he had connections to XFL. This season has been odd overall. 

Archived