Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh dear Harbaugh and Luck meeting with Irsay

Restinpeacesweetchloe

8 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I actually left Comox when  was 6 months old. My dad got posted to Germany for 6 years. Then we got posted to Moose Jaw the 1st time after Germany. Then posted to various airbases in Canada and back to Moose Jaw in 1982. I have never been back to BC.

So you don’t remember much about BC then?

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/30/2022 at 10:18 PM, richard pallo said:

If it’s not about Luck what occasion is he a special guest for?  I can see Jim meeting with Harbaugh.  That’s easy.  So Luck’s invitation is just coincidental.  Inquiring minds want to know.

Sooo.... as long as we're speculating.... I read that Luck has been working with Tanner McKee at Stanford. Possibly, putting in a good word in for Tanner? 6'6", rocket arm... wow.

11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If I were him... I'd stay at UM. He beat the BOT/Admin last year, the boosters (huge thing) and fans think he is a god, and beat OSU two years straight. I'm sure he loves it that he won the war over the BOT, and got his money back lol... He's untouchable now. And bringing UM back (arguably a historical top 5 brand) is bigger than a SB ring (to some, probably to him too). And one more good year at Michigan, his UM winning % likely surpasses Lloyd, and probably Bo's. And only Yost is out of reach (winning % and NCs)

He is a god there.  Odd because a couple of years ago fans were calling for his firing.  

If he doesn't win this season, I think he stays to try again.   i don't have the feeling they will win it this year but I hope they do.  

3 hours ago, Myles said:

He is a god there.  Odd because a couple of years ago fans were calling for his firing.  

If he doesn't win this season, I think he stays to try again.   i don't have the feeling they will win it this year but I hope they do.  

Heck, as long as he can beat Ohio the fans will love him regardless of his record against other teams. That rivalry is maybe the strongest in any sport. :cheer:

22 hours ago, Nickster said:

Right now?  IDK.  Everyone is pretty negative.  I mean only the true rose colored warriors are very positive about the org right now.   But certainly I think in the summer you were a negative force on the board.   And I'm not talking your take on the state of the COlts, that is just people's opinion, but I'm talking about the interaction I know I WAS having with wasn't fun at all and I know I posted as much.

Would it be meaningful to you if I came up with several of my past posts that discussed and predicted much of what is going on now?  I'd spend the time to do it if I thought you were really interested.

But in short I tell you I have been down on Ballard for at least 2 seasons now, I  thought Ryan would be a very bad fit for this team, our OLINE was way overrated, and that we could win as few as 6 games this season.  I could look up evidence of all this if you'd like.   I have been saying for a long time that I think "THE PLAN" was destined to fail and this appears to me to be pretty close to what is now occuring. 

WHY CAN'T you JUST EXCHANGE IDEAS?  WHY DO YOU HAVE TO FACEPALM, LAUGH, DERIDE, DISMISS SO MUCH?  

there are a few posters on here who are cyber bullies a lot of posters have them on ignore so they dont have to see their rude comments

5 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

there are a few posters on here who are cyber bullies a lot of posters have them on ignore so they dont have to see their rude comments

Too many take other opinions way too personal. Instead of just accepting a different opinion it is taken as argumentative.  

23 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Im barely on this website all this season.  And when I am, I’ve been blasting Ballard and Irsay and the Oline.   But you think I’m responsible for a good deal of the negative  attitude on this board right now?!?   Your powers of deductive reasoning are dazzling! 

Dear God….

Here’s how far apart we are….   You think you and others predicted this.   I don’t.   You may not have thought this team was as good as others did, but I don’t think anyone predicted something this bad.  And I think this season is a disaster.  If you want to show me a post that predicted this team will finish with a top-10 draft pick I’ll be happy to apologize.  But I don’t recall seeing that from anyone. 

Put another way,  I view you and Moose and others here who claim vindication the same way I would you telling me you knew what the winning lottery numbers were going to be.   Sure you did….

what a switch!!!!!! you called me a ballard hater while you said he was the best gm in football

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At least I can say one thing, I admit when I am wrong, I was wrong about how this season would turn out. I also have never put anyone on ignore. I just take my lumps and move on.

Me too Bestie.  I’ll say when I’m wrong but I don’t think I insult people when they simply disagree with my opinions even when I think those opinions are baseless and even absurd.

I’ll fight back though when attacked cause well I’m perdy redneck in my background and that’s the way we do things lol.

12 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Me too Bestie.  I’ll say when I’m wrong but I don’t think I insult people when they simply disagree with my opinions even when I think those opinions are baseless and even absurd.

I’ll fight back though when attacked cause well I’m perdy redneck in my background and that’s the way we do things lol.

Same here, I have never had anything against you, you and I are just a like it sounds like. 2 old men being stubborn when we debate. It is in fun with me. I know you are a good guy and know a lot about sports. 

2 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

what a switch!!!!!! you called me a ballard hater while you said he was the best gm in football

Actually I called you a Ballard hater (you are and have never denied it) while IRSAY called him the best GM in the league. 

I’ve only said that the NFL and those who cover the league think he’s one of the best.   He hasn’t done enough to be judged the best.    And I still think he’s very good at his job.   But this year has revealed some flaws to a level that he’s never shown before.   

But the reason I’m off the Ballard-train is not the terrible season.   Bad seasons happen to all teams from time to time. When Ballard finally faced the media at the Saturday being hired press conference he wouldn’t take responsibility and blamed the media.  When asked about the terrible offensive line he defended himself claiming the media had been ripping him for years over the wide receiver spot and that’s why the OL is so poor.   If Ballard can’t/won’t take responsibility for his mess that he created on his watch, then you’re not my guy anymore. 

On 12/2/2022 at 2:12 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are top 5 easily. 

I have NCF in top 100  :funny:

But seriously he's one of my favorites, despite our differential veiws. I like him living in southern Cal, for a long time I thought I'd move out there, but the beaches/surf temp usually much warmer here, lol, plus family ties.

On 12/2/2022 at 4:40 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Just looked at your profile.   You joined in July of 19.   Here’s something you don’t know about me….

I joined in May of 12.   And it quickly became clear that I was polarizing to many here.   So, starting in May of 13 I wrote a letter of Apology to the entire community.   I acknowledged my often abrasive style.  I know I rub some the wrong way.   Fortunately,  it was very well received.  And I continued my annual letter of apology for four more years, 5 in all.   

By 2017, I felt like I had enough standing in the community to no longer feel like an outsider.   So I stopped the annual letter.   I’m not unaware that my style does not appeal to all.   I’d love to have the patience, all around knowledge, and clarity of @Superman.   Same with @w87r.  For my money, they’re the two best posters.  That doesn’t mean we always agree, we don’t.   I’m just emphasizing that I am not unaware of how some here see me.   You sometimes write and tell me things as if you think I don’t already know.   Believe me, I know.   If you think you’re the first poster to address this with me, you’re not. Not even close.   But it’s often a 2-way street.   It takes two.   You attack me as if it’s just a “me” thing.  It’s not.   As I’ve noted, you can share in some of the blame.   

Let’s call it a day.   This is plenty for one day. 

I don't know what year i joined because I had to get a new "nickname".... that's why I have the numeral 2 at the end. But I do remember when I joined originally every one were into sundial's. haha

On 12/2/2022 at 1:29 AM, EastStreet said:

Doubt he walks from UM. Why would he. He's a grad. He's like god at UM. He has control. He makes top 5 NFL $ now... He'll likely be the next "highest paid" college HC if he wins the NC.. 

He may walk away from michigan(I don't think he should) if his brother having a SB trophy and he doesn't bother him?.....or him wanting a SB win??....Don't know what's in his head of course but he was interested in the Vikings job last.season. 

As far as coming to the nfl, if he does there would be more desirable teams interested in him than indy.

I would love to.see it but doubt it happens.

I think our quinella will be Saturday/Ballard and imo that's not a perfect(a) combo. haha

17 hours ago, zibby43 said:

He was very close to failing spectacularly at UM and finally gave up on running his archaic offense and ceded more control to his staff, generally.  Just added Mike Elston as the DL coach this past year, and that has paid dividends.  

He was extremely slow to adapt his offense at UM.  But I will give him credit that he did make good changes when ultimately forced to make them.

I don’t think he needs Indy, either.  And Indy doesn’t need him.  Slumber parties at kids’ houses and disrespectful to media.  Just a weirdo.

IMO, it was lack of QBs more than everything. And the roster was super meh, and he over-performed. He's still outperforming their recruiting too. 

You can't argue his track record (entire record). He took over a very meh team at UM (like a very meh Stanford, and very meh SF). I hate UM (I'm a ND fan) and follow them close. I hate saying it, but he's simply great. And their recruiting will likely improve due to success the last two years... 

10 hours ago, Myles said:

I know a lot of serious UM fans. None wanted him fired. Maybe some casual fans with unrealistic expectations, but not many serious fans....

A matter of fact, the boosters/fans more or less over-ruled the BOT/Admin and kept him. And now the BOT looks like *s. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Actually I called you a Ballard hater (you are and have never denied it) while IRSAY called him the best GM in the league. 

I’ve only said that the NFL and those who cover the league think he’s one of the best.   He hasn’t done enough to be judged the best.    And I still think he’s very good at his job.   But this year has revealed some flaws to a level that he’s never shown before.   

But the reason I’m off the Ballard-train is not the terrible season.   Bad seasons happen to all teams from time to time. When Ballard finally faced the media at the Saturday being hired press conference he wouldn’t take responsibility and blamed the media.  When asked about the terrible offensive line he defended himself claiming the media had been ripping him for years over the wide receiver spot and that’s why the OL is so poor.   If Ballard can’t/won’t take responsibility for his mess that he created on his watch, then you’re not my guy anymore. 

This is my problem with Ballard. He was CROWNED way too early as a FIRST TIME gm. Nobody created this mess but him! I think he is too arrogant for a gm that sports a BELOW .500 record. After six years on the job this team SHOULD be challenging for SOMETHING by now but instead are on the verge of some type of rebuild ON HIS WATCH. The Colts are a disappointing team with glaring holes at KEY positions....

Blaming the media is laughable on Ballard’s part. This is one of the groups that placed him on a premature pedestal. For someone who preaches about accountability Ballard needs to follow his OWN advice and take a long look in the mirror. What he might see is an AVERAGE guy that was GIVEN the banner too EARLY as one of the "best" instead of waiting for him to VALIDATE that sentiment with say....

A) winning record?             NO

B) division title or titles?    NO

C) a contending SB team? NO

D) franchise qb?                  NO

E) elite de?                            NO

F) explosive receivers?       NO

G) foundational type LT?    NO

H) dominant o-line?            NO

This feels MORE like someone who is NOT that good as gm but hey as long as Ballard can keep FOOLING them who am I to judge?

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

He may walk away from michigan(I don't think he should) if his brother having a SB trophy and he doesn't bother him?.....or him wanting a SB win??....Don't know what's in his head of course but he was interested in the Vikings job last.season. 

As far as coming to the nfl, if he does there would be more desirable teams interested in him than indy.

I think our quinella will be Saturday/Ballard and imo that's not a perfect(a) combo. haha

LOL... I'd bet Saturday/Ballard too :funny: in the race... 

I don't think he had true interest in MN. Just "listening". But I agree, he could have better jobs than Indy if he wanted to move to the NFL. 

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

But seriously he's one of my favorites, despite our differential veiws. I like him living in southern Cal, for a long time I thought I'd move out there, but the beaches/surf temp usually much warmer here, lol, plus family ties.

Top-100?!? 

I would’ve guessed you have me in the top-1000!     Or top-10,000!!    And I’d be fine with either.     :thmup:

As to living in Cali….   I’m 65 and have lived here 61 years.   There are lots of very good reasons for AND against living here.   And I respect anyone’s view on either side. 

But to live out here, you need money.  And lots of it.   Otherwise, it’s a tough place to live.   Plenty of downside issues besides the insane price of buying a home.  And before anyone decides to make a move, come visit and see for yourself.  You might change your mind either way before you make your ultimate decision. 

53 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Top-100?!? 

I would’ve guessed you have me in the top-1000!     Or top-10,000!!    And I’d be fine with either.     :thmup:

As to living in Cali….   I’m 65 and have lived here 61 years.   There are lots of very good reasons for AND against living here.   And I respect anyone’s view on either side. 

But to live out here, you need money.  And lots of it.   Otherwise, it’s a tough place to live.   Plenty of downside issues besides the insane price of buying a home.  And before anyone decides to make a move, come visit and see for yourself.  You might change your mind either way before you make your ultimate decision. 

your Top 100, you would have made Top 50 if it weren't for all the "sad emojis" you gave me. :funny:

Because of brutal summer heat here, I was thinking about San Francisco when I was younger since it always seemed 65° in weather reports.... and a girl I adored  was there before and really liked it there. We came so close to moving there, even checked air plane flights and apartments. But it would have devastated my mom moving so far away was one reason it didn't happen. ....but after further research I decided Frisco was too cold, had fog, and was like NYC, very expensive. 

I go to Vegas and sometimes rent a car and drive to Long.Beach, which I like and its only 40 miles from L.A.....Long Beach would be my California destination if I left west palm beach, but I like it here more now, even our.summers. I love the beach and our surf temp is much warmer than Cali's. Now,, I would never leave my baby grand daughter Emma and our favorite thing to do is go to the beach and surf fish. I live on a fresh water lake and we go bass fishing too and watch football, baseball, and some horse racing. And every Tuesday is movie night lol. 

I've lost my share of people but thank God I have her in my life and get to share my interests with her which she loves. I don't know where I would be without her. 

One day I'd like to bring her to Southern Cal for a.visit, like maybe when the Yankees or Colts play on the west coast. 

Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to vacation in Hawaii.... like you :pie:

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Top-100?!? 

I spent a very long time being a visitor in LA and all the different ethnic areas including Chinatown, Watts and Vernon. I was there for the Rodney King riots. 

Yes it can have its nice places but would I want to live there?  He'll no .

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

i said from the start that ballards draft only, one dimensional method of filling the roster would be a disaster

28 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

your Top 100, you would have made Top 50 if it weren't for all the "sad emojis" you gave me. :funny:

Because of brutal summer heat here, I was thinking about San Francisco when I was younger since it always seemed 65° in weather reports.... and a girl I adored  was there before and really liked it there. We came so close to moving there, even checked air plane flights and apartments. But it would have devastated my mom moving so far away was one reason it didn't happen. ....but after further research I decided Frisco was too cold, had fog, and was like NYC, very expensive. 

I go to Vegas and sometimes rent a car and drive to Long.Beach, which I like and its only 40 miles from L.A.....Long Beach would be my California destination if I left west palm beach, but I like it here more now, even our.summers. I love the beach and our surf temp is much warmer than Cali's. Now,, I would never leave my baby grand daughter Emma and our favorite thing to do is go to the beach and surf fish. I live on a fresh water lake and we go bass fishing too and watch football, baseball, and some horse racing. And every Tuesday is movie night lol. 

I've lost my share of people but thank God I have her in my life and get to share my interests with her which she loves. I don't know where I would be without her. 

One day I'd like to bring her to Southern Cal for a.visit, like maybe when the Yankees or Colts play on the west coast. 

Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to vacation in Hawaii.... like you :pie:

Grand daughter?  

GRAND DAUGHTER?!?!?!     Wowza!!   I’ve been very wrong about you for a long time then!!    I thought you were too young to have a grand daughter?!?    Good for you!  How wonderful!

You seem to have way, way too much going on for you in South Florida to ever move.   And I think that’s great!   

I love the idea of a vacation in Hawaii.   I’d first fly to Los Angeles.  Spend one night and then fly to Hawaii the next day.   Otherwise, you’d be flying 10-11 hours from Miami to Hawaii in one long flight.    For me that would be too long.   The island you pick depends on what kind of person you are on vacation?   Do you just want to relax on a beautiful tropical beach, or do you want activities every day?   Each island has its own unique personality and vibe.  So it all depends on what you want and when you want to go?   

If I can ever help, please don’t ever hesitate to ask….

I’m at your service….        :worthy:

40 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Grand daughter?  

:worthy:GRAND DAUGHTER?!?!?!     Wowza!!   I’ve been very wrong about you for a long time then!!    I thought you were too young to have a grand daughter?!?   Good for you!  How wonderful!

You seem to have way, way too much for you in South Florida to ever move.   And I think that’s great!   

I love the idea of a vacation in Florida.   I’d first fly to Los Angeles.  Spend one night and then fly to Hawaii the next day.   Otherwise, you’d be flying 10-11 hours from Miami to Hawaii.   For me that would be too long.   The island you pick depends on what kind of person you are on vacation?   Do you just want to relax on a beautiful tropical beach, or do you want activities every day?   Each island has its own unique personality and vibe.  So it all depends on what you want and when you want to go?   

Well I'm sure your aware of my admiration for Bert Jones, my all time favorite. That should have tipped you off I'm not a puppy lol. 

If I ever go to Hawaii, it would be more for the scenery than beaches.  I'm surrounded by beaches here, only like 1.5 miles away and the Bahamas aren't far and the US Virgin islands, St..Vincent etc....and their all beautiful.  But I'd guess Hawaii's beaches are tough to beat. But Hawaii is so far but like everyone else It's a place that's desirable to visit and dream vacation for many, especially for those that don't live on the coast.

Yeah, I'm not thinking about moving..its nice here but the people seem to be getting less nice since I was a kid. A lot of them come from the  East like NY,.Boston etc.... My brothers and I are some of the few Florida natives we know. My.grandfather and father and his brothers  came here in the '50's and said some of the busiest roads use to be swamp land when they arrived. He was born in NY and went to school in Boston. I couldn't imagine being.a.red.sox/Patriot fan lol.

Florida is.similar to what your used too, I'm sure you will like it. Miami can be interesting to you and has a lot more stuff going on than the the palm beaches.  

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It was a bad look. This whole season is shocking in a lot of ways.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Well I'm sure your aware of my admiration for Bert Jones, my all time favorite. That should have tipped you off I'm not a puppy lol. 

If I ever go to Hawaii, it would be more for the scenery than beaches.  I'm surrounded by beaches here, only like 1.5 miles away and the Bahamas aren't far and the US Virgin islands, St..Vincent etc....and their all beautiful.  But I'd guess Hawaii's beaches are tough to beat. But Hawaii is so far but like everyone else It's a place that's desirable to visit and dream vacation for many, especially for those that don't live on the coast.

Yeah, I'm not thinking about moving..its nice here but the people seem to be getting less nice since I was a kid. A lot of them come from the  East like NY,.Boston etc.... My brothers and I are some of the few Florida natives we know. My.grandfather and father and his brothers  came here in the '50's and said some of the busiest roads use to be swamp land when they arrived. He was born in NY and went to school in Boston. I couldn't imagine being.a.red.sox/Patriot fan lol.

Florida is.similar to what your used too, I'm sure you will like it. Miami can be interesting to you and has a lot more stuff going on than the the palm beaches.  

Nah I know you are only 21 years old (sarcasm), you are a kid at heart like me lol. 

8 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I agree. It was reported a few years back that according to some close to him that his HEART has always been to coach in the nfl. I think coaching at Michigan where he was the qb in college was probably the NEXT best alternative for him.

Would it be a reach to believe that having his brother John win a SB as a nfl hc inspire Jim to achieve the SAME goal? Of course not. Jim was probably elated for John but I'm sure that natural competitive sibling competition (bragging rights) comes into play ESPECIALLY considering that John's Raven team BEAT Jim's Niners team for that very SB.

Yes if Jim chose to return to the nfl NOW as a hot commodity he would have better options than the Colts but he has never walked into a ready made situation and I believe the Colts would have some type of sentimental draw to Harbaugh knowing the organization as well as the city.

Same for the Bears BUT Harbaugh EARNED the nickname "Captain Comeback" as the Colt's qb and had that magical run that saw him a near catch away in the endzone at the buzzer from LEADING the Colts to a SB as qb. Maybe I'm just HOPING for a Harbaugh hire because a Saturday/Ballard combo seems to have a LOW ceiling and HUGE question marks moving forward long term.

On a side note Kauai is one of if not the MOST beautiful of the Hawaiian Islands when it comes to scenery.... :thmup:

8 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

This is my problem with Ballard. He was CROWNED way too early as a FIRST TIME gm. Nobody created this mess but him! I think he is too arrogant for a gm that sports a BELOW .500 record. After six years on the job this team SHOULD be challenging for SOMETHING by now but instead are on the verge of some type of rebuild ON HIS WATCH. The Colts are a disappointing team with glaring holes at KEY positions....

Blaming the media is laughable on Ballard’s part. This is one of the groups that placed him on a premature pedestal. For someone who preaches about accountability Ballard needs to follow his OWN advice and take a long look in the mirror. What he might see is an AVERAGE guy that was GIVEN the banner too EARLY as one of the "best" instead of waiting for him to VALIDATE that sentiment with say....

A) winning record?             NO

B) division title or titles?    NO

C) a contending SB team? NO

D) franchise qb?                  NO

E) elite de?                            NO

F) explosive receivers?       NO

G) foundational type LT?    NO

H) dominant o-line?            NO

This feels MORE like someone who is NOT that good as gm but hey as long as Ballard can keep FOOLING them who am I to judge?

This is a heckuva post.   One of your very best!   I’ll give you one of my highest compliments by simply saying I’m sorry I didn’t think of it. 

I’d say the one area where I might offer some pushback is the issue of his arrogance.  First, I think this is the first year for me that it’s really come to the surface in ways that are glaring.   Second, compared to most GMs Ballard’s arrogance is mild, honestly.   I thought Grigson was FAR more arrogant, I don’t think it’s even close, at least not for me as a former media guy.  

But if Ballard’s son ever reads this I’d tell him to pass this along to his dad.   If CB can’t handle the Indy media, good luck handling media most anywhere else.  If he ever becomes the GM elsewhere he’d be eaten alive in most any other media market, large or small. 

When CB meets the media in early January he needs to be much, MUCH more humble because his hour long final presser is going to much, MUCH harder than he’s used to.   And deservedly so. 

12 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

99 is a good ranking. Just joking @NewColtsFan. I am at 100, makes me Mr irrelevant. On a serious note, it is cool we have someone in here that has worked in the media from the west coast.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Grand daughter?  

GRAND DAUGHTER?!?!?!     Wowza!!   I’ve been very wrong about you for a long time then!!    I thought you were too young to have a grand daughter?!?    Good for you!  How wonderful!

You seem to have way, way too much going on for you in South Florida to ever move.   And I think that’s great!   

I love the idea of a vacation in Hawaii.   I’d first fly to Los Angeles.  Spend one night and then fly to Hawaii the next day.   Otherwise, you’d be flying 10-11 hours from Miami to Hawaii in one long flight.    For me that would be too long.   The island you pick depends on what kind of person you are on vacation?   Do you just want to relax on a beautiful tropical beach, or do you want activities every day?   Each island has its own unique personality and vibe.  So it all depends on what you want and when you want to go?   

I like Maui most.  Been there 4 times for a total of 7 weeks and never ran out of things to do.  

Black sand beaches

Red sand  beaches

Classic normal beaches

Bamboo forest

Pinapple plantation

All the wonderful hiking. 

We found a place where you can jump off a cliff into a hidden waterhol.  About a 40-50 foot jump.  We did that about 10 times.  There is an app (Shaka) thatwill direct you to lesser known cool tHings.  We were doing thedrive to Hana and Shaka says to pull over in 1 mile.  Then it directs us to * in the rock on the side of the road.  Go throughthe hole and it opens up to a huge cave.  Walk through and come to a big opning and waterfall.  Took about an hour and there were another group there but it wasnt an advertised experience.

Archived