Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday, Week 10 Final Update - Has spent 85% of his time in offensive meeting rooms

BlueShoe

Jeff said that everyone is being evaluated every day (including himself). The best eleven will play. This includes the QB's too. Jeff said he would have no hesitation to go with Matt if he gives the Colts the best chance to win. When he first took the job, he wasn't sure where Matt was with his injury, and was impressed by him today. He was impressed with both Sam and Matt. 

Jeff confirmed that Sam will start this week and Matt will back him up. Nick will be inactive. 

Leonard came off the field (Wednesday?) and wasn't feeling right... 

JT and Jordan Wilkins should be good to go,. JT has had three good days, and has looked good, but they have to see on Sunday. JT can house it on any play. His ability to manipulate linebackers is the best in the business. He alluded to getting JT three yards down the field and then watching him go, and how that is an offensive lineman's dream. 

This is the players football team. Said his job is to support and empower the players. The leaders have stepped up.

Jeff went on to say they are down coaches on the offensive side of the ball, and Gus and Bubba both have things under control, so he spent 85% of his time in offensive meeting rooms this week. Called Bubba a Rockstar. 

Was asked if the starting QB was up to the owner or him. He said that it is his call on who starts... 

• BlueShoe changed the title to Jeff Saturday, Week 10 Final Update - Has spent 85% of his time in offensive meeting rooms
1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

Jeff said that everyone is being evaluated every day (including himself). The best eleven will play. This includes the QB's too. Jeff said he would have no hesitation to go with Matt if he gives the Colts the best chance to win. When he first took the job, he wasn't sure where Matt was with his injury, and was impressed by him today. He was impressed with both Sam and Matt. 

Jeff confirmed that Sam will start this week and Matt will back him up. Nick will be inactive. 

JT and Jordan Wilkins should be good to go,. JT has had three good days, and has looked good, but they have to see on Sunday. JT can house it on any play. His ability to manipulate linebackers is the best in the business. He alluded to getting JT three yards down the field and then watching him go, and how that is an offensive lineman's dream. 

This is the players football team. Said his job is to support and empower the players. The leaders have stepped up.

Jeff went on to say they are down coaches on the offensive side of the ball, and Gus and Bubba both have things under control, so he spent 85% of his time in offensive meeting rooms this week. Called Bubba a Rockstar. 

Was asked if the starting QB was up to the owner or him. He said that it is his call on who starts... 

but what is the point of playing matt if the colts lose this week ?  colts would be 3-6  afc is a tough conference you need at least 10 wins to make the playoffs  .   matt ryan would have to go undefeated going through philly giants cowboys and vikings all playoff caliber teams .    its better to just stick with sam and get a draft pick at this point .  

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

but what is the point of playing matt if the colts lose this week ?  colts would be 3-6  afc is a tough conference you need at least 10 wins to make the playoffs  .   matt ryan would have to go undefeated going through philly giants cowboys and vikings all playoff caliber teams .    its better to just stick with sam and get a draft pick at this point .  

If the whole organization, players included, are only interested in tanking, you're correct.

Good luck with that. I don't want it. It's a really bad look for everyone.

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Jeff didnt come here to tank.  If the team loses out he probably wont be back either 

15 minutes ago, buccolts said:

If the whole organization, players included, are only interested in tanking, you're correct.

Good luck with that. I don't want it. It's a really bad look for everyone.

they may not want to but its best for the team i rather get a franchise QB then watch these band aid QBs  .  you would be happy going into the draft with a top pick over going 6-10-1  with three QB needy teams taking the only 3 good QB prospects available . 

18 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

well see what happens but i think irsay told jeff to play sam

Jeff didn’t sound like a coach talking coach speak. His non verbals spoke of honesty.

when asked about Sam and who’s call it was, his nonverbals indicated he was telling the truth.

i have zero doubts that Jeff was telling the truth.

20 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Jeff didn’t sound like a coach talking coach speak. His non verbals spoke of honesty.

when asked about Sam and who’s call it was, his nonverbals indicated he was telling the truth.

I don't think Jeff is the kind of guy to be a puppet.  He isn't Jason Garrett 

34 minutes ago, csmopar said:

the good thing is time will tell we should see sunday and next week if he was lying . 

4 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

This somewhat hurts the narrative that Irsay forced the Sam decision. And the tank narrative...

And Foles really must stink... 

Yet there are some that say he can't make moves... regardless of all the stats (juke, evade, missed tackles) and pro talk.. 

Love his directness.. and approach... Now let's he coaches well too. 

Some say Ballard decides who starters are... lol... 

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am curious as to where he is at. He was signed to back up Ryan and we haven't seen him at all. The dude does have experience. 

Should be obvious.

3 hours ago, coming on strong said:

Doesn't help the tank narrative, does it... 

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

If he wins... 

Media on Monday - "we all knew Jeff would be great... and Irsay is a genius" lol...

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If he wins... 

Media on Monday - "we all knew Jeff would be great... and Irsay is a genius" lol...

Not against the Raiders. It will always be accompanied with a yeah but…till we beat a playoff calibre team like the Eagles, Cowboys, Vikings or Chargers left on the schedule, IMO.

1 game at a time.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Not against the Raiders. It will always be accompanied with a yeah but…till we beat a playoff calibre team like the Eagles, Cowboys, Vikings or Chargers left on the schedule, IMO.

1 game at a time.

Couple things...

To be clear... I have no clue about Jeff, no clue if we W, or if we even play better... It's total strange, and total chaos lol.. 

On LVR.. sure, the record says they are "bad". But... they have talent, and their looses (except one), have been close/competitive. And they play in a good division... And IMO, the NFCE is very overrated. 

And Indy has lost to bad teams, and effort looks horrible... So if they W vs LVR, or just look better (effort wise), that's good enough to warrant praise (for Jeff). And LVR's DL has some talent. Crosby is elite. And Jones had 10+ sacks last year. And Billings is good this year. So if the OL looks noticeably better, heck, I'll be impressed. 

But yes... I'm sure the media (like Thomas) will diminish a win, and we'll be "I told you" if we lose lol... Some though, will blow with the wind, if we win, and say, "hey, he might be good"... 

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Couple things...

To be clear... I have no clue about Jeff, no clue if we W, or if we even play better... It's total strange, and total chaos lol.. 

On LVR.. sure, the record says they are "bad". But... they have talent, and their looses (except one), have been close/competitive. And they play in a good division... And IMO, the NFCE is very overrated. 

And Indy has lost to bad teams, and effort looks horrible... So if they W vs LVR, or just look better (effort wise), that's good enough to warrant praise (for Jeff). And LVR's DL has some talent. Crosby is elite. And Jones had 10+ sacks last year. And Billings is good this year. So if the OL looks noticeably better, heck, I'll be impressed. 

But yes... I'm sure the media (like Thomas) will diminish a win, and we'll be "I told you" if we lose lol... Some though, will blow with the wind, if we win, and say, "hey, he might be good"... 

The important part of the unknown is "the unknown". Wild guessing doesn't affect it in the least.

43 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

There is just no way Jeff Saturday took this job with instructions to tank. There is no way Irsay would bring him in here to tank. Hes not gonna put him in that position. 

He brought him in here to try and turn this around. 

Irsay supports his Coaches and Players and remains permanently optimistic. He 100% wants to win. If he had kept Frank we looked  to be headed for very few more wins.

Saturday is here to do what Leaders do. To fix what is wrong and Elevate the attitude in the lockerroom. 

Look where we are at just days after Jeff is on the job. A fresh look at our offensive package.

And Ryan back in the picture. He is standing on the sideline waiting to see if our lineman, te's, wr's, rb's WILL "execute"  block well enough to get his immobile A__ back on the field.  We can't get past our LT, RG debacle so lol. But i do believe our Colts will play Fired Up!

16 hours ago, coming on strong said:

I dont think Jeff came here to tank. I assume he has the control of who plays on sunday on offense.  Ryan is better than Ehlinger.

4 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

I dont think Jeff came here to tank. I assume he has the control of who plays on sunday on offense.  Ryan is better than Ehlinger.

I think Ehlinger gets 1 game. If he does not play well, then it’s back to Ryan. 

Just my gut feeling. Most of that is me taking Saturday at his word. Which at this point, I have no reason not to believe him. 

14 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

According to Joe Thomas, bringing Saturday in was the WORST thing to EVER happen in the NFL.

Joe Thomas is looking for attention. And he might have been hit in the head too many times too. It’s a dangerous combination to formulate a personality. 

Every player should be rooting for Jeff Saturday to succeed. Because if he succeeds then this might become a trend. Just about every team has a Jeff Saturday type of alumni player. Someone who cares about the organization and can come in a right the ship. 

I say this tongue in check, but maybe this says something about the way Joe Thomas feels about the Browns or vice versa. Maybe he wants to cast shade on the Colts, because of the dumpster fires he played for. Everyone can play his game. If Saturday succeeds then I hope his words are repeated until he is so ashamed that he feels the impact of his words. 

Karma is a…..

35 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

i wasnt saying jeff wants to tank but it seems pretty obvious irsay is in control and wants a QB next year .  i have a feeling the reports are true and jim wants sam to play and wanted frank gone to draft a QB .  we will see because if sam struggles and jeff doesnt play ryan then it confirms  it .

30 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

According to Joe Thomas, bringing Saturday in was the WORST thing to EVER happen in the NFL.

Joe is one of the best ever LT's to finish his career 1-31.

Just wondering how much Leadership he showed. He was certainly used to coming to work in a losing atmosphere. 

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

Joe is one of the best ever LT's to finish his career 1-31.

Just wondering how much Leadership he showed. He was certainly used to coming to work in a losing atmosphere. 

Wonder how much experience he has watching "winning coaching"... or "winning GM'ing" lol. 

ap_steelers_browns_football_79905008.jpg

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i wasnt saying jeff wants to tank but it seems pretty obvious irsay is in control and wants a QB next year .  i have a feeling the reports are true and jim wants sam to play and wanted frank gone to draft a QB .  we will see because if sam struggles and jeff doesnt play ryan then it confirms  it .

bASS aCKWARDS AND WITHOUT A CLUE. 

Over your head, Franks offense and the lockerroom were dead.

If Sam is inept Ryan will start the 2nd half. 

52 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Word from LV is THEY are tanking, Waller and Renfrow put on it Thursday unexpectedly and Blake Martinez up and retired out of nowhere. D Adams said "I have no business being in this building".....Not a great look..

That Adams quote is a bit taken out of context. He’s talking about wanting them to throw to him no matter what…because that’s why he’s there.

32 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

That Adams quote is a bit taken out of context. He’s talking about wanting them to throw to him no matter what…because that’s why he’s there.

Yup

There is no coverage that the Raiders’ front catcher Adams believes will take him out of the game.

“At the end of the day, if we just want to concede and say, ‘Oh, they double-crossed Tae, so we’re forcing it to them if we threw it at them,’ then I have no business being in this building, because that’s what the teams, “Adams said Wednesday.” So if you think the only way I’m going to get the ball is when I’m single, then I’ll have four catches in the year. “

Adams has eclipsed 110 catches in three of the last four seasons with the Packers and scored 48 receptions for 658 yards in eight games with the Raiders. But he has gone to half and even games with a reduced role in offense as opponents focus on taking away Derek Carr’s best option in the passing game.

Good news indeed - it shouldn't be up to the owner which QB starts and/or plays in any game.

All 3 QB's are "innocent pawns" on the chess board of a frustrated owner.

I'm sure that each of them have their own unique skill set and ability to change games in their own way.

4 hours ago, sb41champs said:

All 3 QB's are "innocent pawns" on the chess board of a frustrated owner.

I'm sure that each of them have their own unique skill set and ability to change games in their own way.

Their Unique Skill Sets & Abilities 

Sam - Mobility and no fear to throw it downfield. 

Ryan - Dumping it to the nearest player. 

Foles - The unique ability to assure us the first pick in the draft. 

Archived