Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Game#9: Colts @ Patriots, November 6, ,2022, 1PM ET

NFLfan

8 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

you have  some deep delusions about matt ryan .   lost the ball twenty times averaged 13 points a game but you're convinced he would take the colts to the playoffs with this horrible line .   two things can be true at once all three QBs on the roster just stink

Averaging 9.5 without him and still turning the ball over 3-13-1 on its way 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No I would have let this season play out and you don't know we go 8-8-1. Even we would have picked around 20th, we could always trade down to get a QB we like. At least this season would not be a dumpster fire. I think 9-7-1 would get us in the playoffs, we will never find out now.

who is gonna trade with a team in the 20s without demanding 3 or 4 first round picks .  you wanna level the colts entire future on a QB who with the odds has a higher chance of being a bust than the next manning .   then the team is in the broncos spot and is stuck being horrible for the next 4 years .   or you can just tank and not trade anything

The problem isn't Ballard, this team is loaded with great football players. They look unprepared, unmotivated, confused, discombobulated, and many other adjectives that describe listlessness. The defense should be comended for playing as hard as they do and even they have lapses at times.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Just watch Irsay is going to let Ballard keep his job. When the main issue has been him ignoring things that were clear as day.

He looked at Pryor and Pinter playing well in limited snaps last season (really solid PFF ratings too) and bet on them in full-time play. He took Raimann in the draft that had a 1st round grade by most and fell due to knee concerns.

Just because he didn't land the top LT in FA, Armstead, doesn't mean he ignored it. He obviously made a mistake, but nobody could have foreseen the rest of the OL playing so terribly.

Ballard has built a pretty talented roster, with some obvious deficiencies. Despite your constant complaining, I wouldn't be shocked to see him get a shot with another HC.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Just got back home from a great bike ride on this beautiful Sunday after noon here in western PA. Just in time to see Granson flip a ball and get returned for 6. Is that how it has gone all day?? I know Sam is new at starting, but when we got the ball back I could tell every play we were going to run. And if I saw it I'm sure the pats d knew what was coming also. Campbell should of had that 4th down pass though. You got to help your young qb out, you have to CATCH THE BALL!!!! I'll watch the game later at some time.

The ball was under thrown and to the inside where Campbell had beaten him and had outside leverage. He tried going up and reaching back over the defender but the pass was too poor. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

who is gonna trade with a team in the 20s without demanding 3 or 4 first round picks .  you wanna level the colts entire future on a QB who with the odds has a higher chance of being a bust than the next manning .   then the team is in the broncos spot and is stuck being horrible for the next 4 years .   or you can just tank and not trade anything

Lets tank and get our QB, might as well right? We better pick the right one otherwise this place will implode.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

He looked at Pryor and Pinter playing well in limited snaps last season (really solid PFF ratings too) and bet on them in full-time play. He took Raimann in the draft that had a 1st round grade by most and fell due to knee concerns.

Just because he didn't land the top LT in FA, Armstead, doesn't mean he ignored it. He obviously made a mistake, but nobody could have foreseen the rest of the OL playing so terribly.

Ballard has built a pretty talented roster, with some obvious deficiencies. Despite your constant complaining, I wouldn't be shocked to see him get a shot with another HC.

Yeah, I would almost bet Ballard gets another Coach.

As he should there is talent throughout this team.

Coaching is abysmal.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

You don’t make a career backup tour starting left tackle. A lot of times they are fine in spot duty here and there bur can’t handle starting. This line wasn’t that best  last year.Ballard  never replaced Doyle’s blocking either. Instead paid cox  6 million for nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

Remember one thing when watching the game and I mean focus on the offense. We r not only getting beat. This team is getting beat physically. Talent is usually graded first on a players physical gifts then  u * the rest.

32 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

I would fire the OL coach immediately at this point.  This line has consistently been worse than the sum of its parts.  They are not improving at all and you cannot win in this league if your line is losing every snap up front.

If he isn't fired this week, then Frank should be.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets tank and get our QB, might as well right? We better pick the right one otherwise this place will implode.

now you get it we can get will levis and if he stinks guess what .  the colts can keep their first round picks to select another QB the next year or the year after that .    what if the colts stayed  with matt ryan and had to trade 3 first rounders get a QB  and he stinks and a cant miss prospect comes in the 2024 draft and the team colts traded their first for gets the next luck . 

i rather bottom feed the next couple of years and get a cant miss guy than what is happening the last 2 years . its a QB league and you need one and should do anything until you get one .  irsay gets it that is why he pulled the plug on matt ryan

I do genuinely feel sorry for Frank. I think he is truly a very nice man but felt this org had no direction with Balllard at the helm. Question for Ballard    lovers. Where is Mr.Transparency lately? Haven't heard from him lately?  I always called him a fake. Reich out there taking hits on radio shows and Ballard hiding in the bunker. That should tell u who he is.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You don’t make a career backup tour starting left tackle. A lot of times they are fine in spot duty here and there bur can’t handle starting. This line wasn’t that test last year.balked never replaced Doyle’s blocking either. Instead paid fox 6 million for nothing. 

Plenty of teams manage to find starting LTs without spending hefty draft capital on them. Some its a career backup getting in the right system with the supporting cast, some its a UDFA, and some are mid-round picks. Again, it ended up a bad call.

Scorched earth isn't always the answer. Look at Howie Rossman and the Eagles. They retained him after getting rid of Peterson, fans were upset because they blamed him for their struggles. Suddenly they're the top team in the league and he's being looked at as a top GM.

I could see the same thing happening with Ballard.

• Like 1