Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Game #8: Commanders @ Colts, Oct 30, 2022, 4:25 PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Frank is the new red herring.

Brand new QB in their first meaningful playing time, a disheveled O line playing abysmally, and our star player hobbled, yet he isn’t wow’ing people here… 

I’ll be happy when he walks out the door for the final time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

We need to run quicker passing game, bootlegs, and play action. Keep feeding JT, fixing to bust one.

It looks like Taylor isn't 100 percent. I wish they would have held him back from a game until he was. Deon Jackson getting carries meanwhile isn't a bad thing instead of threating Taylor's RB lifespan getting worse and worse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Yet week after week, Strauser is our line coach but it’s mind boggling how Nelson is playing this season. There really is no way to fix this line this season without trading them. Even then Ballard is still makes the picks and orchestrating the trades 

I would still like to try by getting another line coach.

• Like 1

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

I was hoping he was a diamond in the rough. Maybe he got overlooked. Guess I was wrong.

I think we're dead in the water. Just watch it with a humorous angle. I'm not getting worked up over this garbage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

idk either Sam was going to somehow elevate this offense, or we get a juicy pick next year. I'm okay with that.

But someone needs to take responsibility for the OL performance degrading so much from last year. It's insane that they're this bad.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is hard to say but I believe against a team like Washington if Matt was playing, we would be leading this game at the half. Only giving up 7 points.

No we wouldn’t. Matt would’ve been sacked 5 times by now. 

4 minutes ago, colts89 said:

It looks like Taylor isn't 100 percent. I wish they would have held him back from a game until he was. Deon Jackson getting carries meanwhile isn't a bad thing instead of threating Taylor's RB lifespan getting worse and worse.

That may have explained why Frank only tan him 10 times last week. All the pollsters and fans get their wish and now he's hurt

Quick halftime thoughts

- New starting QB, same inept passing game that cannot challenge anything intermediate or deep on the field.  A team cannot succeed in the NFL relying on underneath stuff.  Ehlinger with 5.2 ypa is not going to cut.  Feel like a broken record saying as it has been the same issue when Ryan was taking the snaps. 

- Ehlinger has more mobility to avoid the sacks, but so far I haven't seen much else from him.  I do think his ceiling is a good backup in this league.

- The sad/frustrating thing is the defense has actually been pretty good this year,  Some may point to the lack of turnovers which is fair, but I feel that if they had been playing with the lead more, those numbers would go up, because right now teams don't take a lot of chances knowing what they are dealing with when facing the Colts O; j

- The other sad/frustrating thing is that the AFC South division is very winnable.  Of the other 3 teams, maybe Tennessee is above average. 

• Like 1

Just now, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Just a thought, anyone think we should trade Buckner and Kelly while the value is high and put ourselves in a better position to move up for a QB?  Would also free space Incase Ravens move on from Lamar Jackson (highly doubtful though)

Kelly for sure.  Not Buckner.

• Like 3