Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Game #8: Commanders @ Colts, Oct 30, 2022, 4:25 PM ET

NFLfan

Your Indianapolis Colts (3-3-1) host the Washington Commanders (3-4) at Lucas Oil Stadium this Sunday in a late afternoon game.

When you saw the Commanders on the Colts schedule, you were probably expecting the return of Carson Wentz playing against Matt Ryan. Well, neither will be playing in this game; both are injured. Some believe that this may be the start of the Sam Ehlinger era as Colts QB. Good luck, Sam!

Winning Nfl Draft GIF by SportsManias

As for who else will not be playing, the following Colts players are listed as OUT:  Quity Paye and Grant Stuart (as is Matt Ryan). Kenny Moore is questionable. 

Leonard is expected to play! :Wooo:

For the full injury report: Final Injury Report for 10/30/22

One opposing player is excited to return to Indy:

What are your thoughts on the game? 

Good luck and enjoy the game! :colts:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I'm calling it now. Sammy will make some plays and everyone SOME  will think we have our franchise guy after one game.   

Yes I am saying an over reaction is on the horizon.

I'm rooting for him but not expecting much . From various teamate interviews I've seen, Im not getting a positive vibe. They are not on board with the change .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I'm rooting for him but not expecting much . From various teamate interviews I've seen, Im not getting a positive vibe. They are not on board with the change .

Think that changes when plays are made,scores take place and wins follow. No one wants to see a good guy and leader like Ryan replaced especially since he looked so good in camp compared to Wentz last year and there is plenty of blame to go around but when in the middle of the playoff hunt need wins....

Strange season so far. Matt Ryan was brought in to lead this team to wins, he has over 2000 yards passing so far but has way too may turnovers. Now Matt gets replaced and Sam has never even took a Regular Season snap. I am not sure what to expect now. Matt has the Colts at 3-3-1 = keeping us in the playoff mix/respectable, our FO and Coach have been a soap opera, our Defense has looked good but Leonard's health is up in the air every week, MVP Taylor has not played like an MVP, I am hoping Sam ends up being good as I just want wins. 

In a way this is easier to watch now because my expectations are lowered so if we lose it wont't be a surprise. Having said that I try to always to stay positive until I no longer can, so I say Colts win 20-19. Taylor goes for 100 and 2 TD's and Chase with the game winning FG, we go to a good 4-3-1 half way through the season.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Your Indianapolis Colts (3-3-1) host the Washington Commanders (3-4) at Lucas Oil Stadium this Sunday in a late afternoon game.

When you saw the Commanders on the Colts schedule, you were probably expecting the return of Carson Wentz playing against Matt Ryan. Well, neither will be playing in this game; both are injured. Some believe that this may be the start of the Sam Ehlinger era as Colts QB. Good luck, Sam!

Winning Nfl Draft GIF by SportsManias

As for who else will not be playing, the following Colts players are listed as OUT:  Quity Paye and Grant Stuart (as is Matt Ryan). Kenny Moore is questionable. 

Leonard is expected to play! :Wooo:

For the full injury report: Final Injury Report for 10/30/22

One opposing player is excited to return to Indy:

What are your thoughts on the game? 

Good luck and enjoy the game! :colts:

We should have got this guy, good player and good guy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We should have got this guy, good player and good guy.

It sounds like his father was a season ticket holder of the Colts. He is a good player. You guys can trade for him. He is saying, "Why not?"

Washington Football Team GIF by Easterns Automotive Group

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Awesome part about this is I hit like a 45-50' birdie putt from the fringe and there was dew on the green, so you could see the ball track outlined all the way to the hole.

Congrats on the birdie. 

Also does it seem to you if you make a long putt like that, that the hole looks bigger the rest of the round?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dunk said:

Congrats on the birdie. 

Also does it seem to you if you make a long putt like that, that the hole looks bigger the rest of the round?

Tried to upload the picture of the ball track, but it's to big of file.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dunk said:

Congrats on the birdie. 

Hi Dunk! How's it going? Hope you are having a great weekend! Good luck in the game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Hi Dunk! How's it going? Hope you are having a great weekend! Good luck in the game. 

Hi back at ya!

Can't complain, just killing time watching Eagle and Steelers before the game that matters begins.

How are you?

• Like 1

Thanks again for opening the thread NFLfan.  Go Vikes!  Lookin' good.

I don't know that Sam has ever taken a snap with the 1's in the pre-season, much less ever taken a snap in the NFL.  He has looked good throwing on the run so I think he will be able to move the chains and get us to the red zone.  Can he finish, though?  I'm hoping he can.  Just toss a coin...no idea how this one works out, BUT I expect the energy level to be high with Shaq back and the old guard back in the building.

Go Colts!  All day.  Every day.   :coltshelmet:

• Like 1