Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Game #8: Commanders @ Colts, Oct 30, 2022, 4:25 PM ET

NFLfan

8 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

I can live with that (as if I have a choice) but it wasn't Taylor Heinicke who crapped the bed for us under center, costing us a playoff berth and necessitating the need to acquire yet another QB to start this season, that was Carson Wentz.

If, after all that drama and his inability to win against interim HCs in consecutive games, he returned to Lucas Oil Stadium where he lost more than he won last season and beat us, it would've been virtually unbearable!

It probably would've hastened Frank's inevitable firing though, Irsay probably would've felt so personally embarrassed getting beat by the guy who he traded for and then had to trade away that he may have totally cleaned house last night or this morning!

I love Heinicke... he may be short of talent for a franchise qb, but he does rally the team around him very well, he's a great leader, which is why he'd thrive as a backup/bridge/mentor or as a  coach for long time in the NFL. He was with Vikings as with many other teams, and I've seen him for many years in the league now, he does have a knack for trusting his players and giving them a  chance to make plays... something that Wentz or Ryan could do better..

15 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I love Heinicke... he may be short of talent for a franchise qb, but he does rally the team around him very well, he's a great leader, which is why he'd thrive as a backup/bridge/mentor or as a  coach for long time in the NFL. He was with Vikings as with many other teams, and I've seen him for many years in the league now, he does have a knack for trusting his players and giving them a  chance to make plays... something that Wentz or Ryan could do better..

He sure did yesterday on that 50/50 ball that McLaurin wrestled away from Gilmore, setting up the winning touchdown.

• NFLfan locked this topic