Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Regular Season vol 2: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

w87r

10 minutes ago, groundnpound said:

Jim has a team, Dan has a team. Jim should worry about his team, because they're more of a laughing stock than Dan's atm. Jimbo left himself open to be dragged by an awful franchise and they did just that. I don't really care who the bigger clown of the two of them are.

We are the 4th winningest franchise since 1999 and have won a SB in 2006. Snyder hasn't won jack. Irsay is far from a clown. Snyder is a jerk and a clown as proven by the stuff he has done and his win/loss record is a joke. 

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

COLTS looking to add depth to blocking along with Moss for the backfield.

PFF : "Feisty, high-effort blocking style powered by leverage."

"His combination of awareness level and proven-run blocking success should set size-related concerns aside."

We have signed TE Darrell Daniels to the practice squad and placed RB D’Vonte Price on the Practice Squad Injured list.

colts.com

Roster Moves | Practice Squad

21 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Hi everyone. I don’t know where to put this but just wanted everyone to know I am formerly Taylorthesrudmuffin. My puppy passed away today and I wanted to change it to honor her. Please keep my family in your prayers. This is so hard.

Sorry to hear about your doggie

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are the 4th winningest franchise since 1999 and have won a SB in 2006. Snyder hasn't won jack. Irsay is far from a clown. Snyder is a jerk and a clown as proven by the stuff he has done and his win/loss record is a joke. 

What were they before 1999? How about let’s say since oh I dunno, 2011?

You & Jim are pretty stuck on something 20 years ago…where the Colts had a Hall of Fame QB, HC, GM, -drafting, coaching, and running the offense with a bunch of other players - some of them also HOFers. 

Now let’s look at what has happened since said HOF QB, HC, GM have left.

TLDR…at current pace it won’t be many more years until you & Jim will be saying “we were the 4th winningest team from 1999-2010”

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not denying Snyder is probably a total jerk, but you don't know Irsay well enough to judge his distance from clowndom. (I know that's not a word.) 4th winningest franchise due to Manning and Polian, not Jim. I'm judging him on his comments on a fellow owner and his attitude towards that owners business.

• chad72 changed the title to Apparently we don't have luck on our side
2 hours ago, buccolts said:

Yeah, just nuts, but I'm also excited about this weeks game, and the rest of the season.

Just that the expectations are different.

I'm always excited. Got to admit a little more this week than I had been the last couple.

Been blessed with many years of elite level football, can't get to upset when you have a few years of being average. 

Yep, zero expectations, just hoping to see a change in their body language out there. 

On 10/2/2022 at 7:15 PM, w87r said:

Keep Going Go On GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Will say, as bad as it looks and has looked bad, we're right there.

We are 1/2 game out of division. Not to worried about division record being a tie breaker at the end of season. That tie is beneficial in that regard(unless it's Houston). So we could literally be division leaders come next week.

We are 1/2 game out of #5 seed if we were to miss out on division. Although our division(conference) losses hurt in that regard.

Just have to put it together. That isn't being a homer. That is what has occurred the last few years. We're we hoping this year would be different? Of course, but if the team does what it has the last few years(start slow, then improve), it will be in the hunt in the last couple weeks of season. We play the Texans @ home then too.

It's tough to watch at times.

To be fair to another poster who a month ago was talking up the idea that the Colts might still find a way to win the AFC South even with a disappointing record……

I said this then, and my position hasn’t changed, so it seems only fair to say it here in response to your similar perspective….   

And that is this….

If the Colts somehow managed to find a way to win the South (perhaps at 9-7-1?) it would be for me the least satisfying championship season in my Colts fandom years.   It would have almost no value to me as a Colts fan and especially a football fan.   What I’ve been watching has been that excruciatingly painful. 

And I appreciate that there’d be a good number of people here who’d disagree with me. 

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

To be fair to another poster who a month ago was talking up the idea that the Colts might still find a way to win the AFC South even with a disappointing record……

I said this then, and my position hasn’t changed, so it seems only fair to say it here in response to your similar perspective….   

And that is this….

If the Colts somehow managed to find a way to win the South (perhaps at 9-7-1?) it would be for me the least satisfying championship season in my Colts fandom years.   It would have almost no value to me as a Colts fan and especially a football fan.   What I’ve been watching has been that excruciatingly painful. 

And I appreciate that there’d be a good number of people here who’d disagree with me. 

To be fair, I wasn't stating a perspective. I was posting facts in the OP of the thread crossover, just to create conversation on the new thread.

Really have no idea, what the purpose was to quote this 5 weeks later...but to each their own. I guess you wanted to be fair? Ok. 

If the Colts win the Division, I will be pumped up, I won't care how it happened.

Can't really appreciate a fans perspective on the opposite though. Rooting for your team to fail, nope, doesn't fit in my world.

And yes, saying if your team won the division it would be the least excited championship season in your Colts years, is essentially rooting against your team.

23 minutes ago, w87r said:

To be fair, I wasn't stating a perspective. I was posting facts in the OP of the thread crossover, just to create conversation on the new thread.

Really have no idea, what the purpose was to quote this 5 weeks later...but to each their own. I guess you wanted to be fair? Ok. 

If the Colts win the Division, I will be pumped up, I won't care how it happened.

Can't really appreciate a fans perspective on the opposite though. Rooting for your team to fail, nope, doesn't fit in my world.

And yes, saying if your team won the division it would be the least excited championship season in your Colts years, is essentially rooting against your team.

Huh?

Rooting against my team?    Never happened.   Not once.   Not ever.   Not sure how you arrived there?    

I just think the Colts problems are much bigger than some 9-7-1 AFC South title.   That wouldn’t be as satisfying as the Colts success was in 12, 13, 14, 18, and 20.  And none of those years were division title years.   But they met or exceeded my expectations.  

Being the best team in a terrible division and especially the way the season has unfolded couldn’t be satisfying.   But that doesn’t mean I’m rooting against my team.  
It means I’d fear Irsay would use the title to not take all the steps that I think are needed.   I think the Colts are a terrible hot mess.  Not sure one off-season gets us there?   A faux success title out of the ashes of a dreadful season I’d worry would only delay the work to be done. 

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not sure how you arrived there?  

I literally said how I got there.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It means I’d fear Irsay would use the title to not take all the steps that I think are needed

What steps?

We don't have many avoidable options with the issues on the team. Draft a QB, add to the OL, and get a new coach. 

Anyway, once you get to the playoffs, anything can happen.

So to say you no wouldn't be excited about winning the division, means you're really not rooting for them.

I get sometimes losing is winning, but to win the Division and not be happy about it? Not happening with me.

How many division titles we won since you've been a fan? 1or2?

And you wouldn't be excited about winning one?

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

What steps?

We don't have many avoidable options with the issues on the team. Draft a QB, add to the OL, and get a new coach. 

So to say you no wouldn't be excited about winning the division, means you're really not rooting for them.

I get sometimes losing is winning, but to win the Division and not be happy about it? Not happening with me.

Not going to answer on behalf of NCF, but I agree with him to an extent. 

I care about winning, but truth be told I easily care as much or more about watching good football from our guys. 

Looking at how we’ve played this season we are closer to being 1-7-1 than 5-3-1. It’s been horrible to watch. If we keep playing like we have been and somehow manage to bungle our way to a division win it would be a hollow feeling for me too. 

Also the “anything can happen once you get to the playoffs” is such a homer thing to say. 99/100 the better team wins. Sure, once in a while an underdog surprises, but let’s not act like that’s any different than in the regular season. 

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

What steps?

I know you literally said how you got there.   I think it’s pretty clear that I don’t know how you arrived there.   My fan values may be different than yours but that doesn’t make yours right and mine wrong.   All I expressed was that my view is different.  

I’m not sure the Colts have won any division titles in my time?   I don’t think we won the South in 12 or 13.   Maybe 14?    But those were thoroughly enjoyable seasons for all the right reasons.   Same with 18 and 20. 

And I don’t understand how casual and simple you make fixing this team to be?   All we need is a QB, new pieces on the OL including a LT, and a head coach who will want to bring him some or all of his own coaching staff.   That’s all.   Some teams go many many years without getting all that.     

So clearly we see the near future differently. 

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know you literally said how you got there.   I think it’s pretty clear that I don’t know how you arrived there.   My fan values may be different than yours but that doesn’t make yours right and mine wrong.   All I expressed was that my view is different.  

I’m not sure the Colts have won any division titles in my time?   I don’t think we won the South in 12 or 13.   Maybe 14?    But those were thoroughly enjoyable seasons for all the right reasons.   Same with 18 and 20. 

And I don’t understand how casual and simple you make fixing this team to be?   All we need is a QB, new pieces on the OL including a LT, and a head coach who will want to bring him some or all of his own coaching staff.   That’s all.   Some teams go many many years without getting all that.     

So clearly we see the near future differently. 

Of course there are more things that need resolved than the things I listed. I'm not making it seem casual.

That's why it was presented as an open ended question.

What steps would winning the division stop Irsay from making? You said you 'fear Irsay wouldn't take all the steps that was needed."

That was the question. What steps? I just listed a few big ones.

2013 and 2014 division winners.

Couldn't even remember if they did win one, yet if they won one, you wouldn't be excited?

Fan however you want, but if winning the division for first time in 8-9yrs doesn't excite you, then you are clearly not rooting for them to succeed. If you're not rooting for them to win, you are rooting for them to lose.

That's pretty cut and dry.

28 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Not going to answer on behalf of NCF, but I agree with him to an extent. 

I care about winning, but truth be told I easily care as much or more about watching good football from our guys. 

Looking at how we’ve played this season we are closer to being 1-7-1 than 5-3-1. It’s been horrible to watch. If we keep playing like we have been and somehow manage to bungle our way to a division win it would be a hollow feeling for me too. 

Also the “anything can happen once you get to the playoffs” is such a homer thing to say. 99/100 the better team wins. Sure, once in a while an underdog surprises, but let’s not act like that’s any different than in the regular season. 

Everyone wants to watch good football. I actually said it was tough to watch at times, in the last line of the post NCF wanted to quote from 5-6 weeks ago, for no apparent reason, other than to be fair?

This isn't even about expectations on the season anymore. It's a mindset.

So let's just say, for good times sake, the Colts win the Division this year.

Do you think you be will have saw good football or bad football being played?

If you would rather not win the Division, which means you would rather lose essentially. 

Do you think you would see good or bad football?

No way we would win the division if we keep bungling it away, as you put it.

Just trying to figure out what you want, because at the moment you are saying you don't want to see bad football, but would rather not win the Division, even if that most likely means that good football is being played? 

"Anything can happen", isn't homer talk either. It is a fact. Any team can when any given game, as you said, same as regulation. Like I said though, this isn't even about my expectations on the season. It's about others perceptions if we did win the Division.

19 hours ago, w87r said:

I'm always excited. Got to admit a little more this week than I had been the last couple.

Been blessed with many years of elite level football, can't get to upset when you have a few years of being average. 

Yep, zero expectations, just hoping to see a change in their body language out there. 

Ditto.  I grew very weary of seeing Frank looking at his play card with a frown on his face.  I believe his dour countenance infected the entire team.  Decent man, but uninspiring from all appearances.  Onward and upward.

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Ditto.  I grew very weary of seeing Frank looking at his play card with a frown on his face.  I believe his dour countenance infected the entire team.  Decent man, but uninspiring from all appearances.  Onward and upward.

Definitely had, and hadn't even bottomed out yet. It was about to get very ugly. That was one thing I liked that Irsay said in the press conference. He's been around a long time, he knew it was only going to get worse for Frank, so he "didn't want to send his injured coach out on the field to die"

Something like that. ^^^

This move kept that from happening, imo.

46 minutes ago, w87r said:

Of course there are more things that need resolved than the things I listed. I'm not making it seem casual.

That's why it was presented as an open ended question.

What steps would winning the division stop Irsay from making? You said you 'fear Irsay wouldn't take all the steps that was needed."

That was the question. What steps? I just listed a few big ones.

2013 and 2014 division winners.

Couldn't even remember if they did win one, yet if they won one, you wouldn't be excited?

Fan however you want, but if winning the division for first time in 8-9yrs doesn't excite you, then you are clearly not rooting for them to succeed. If you're not rooting for them to win, you are rooting for them to lose.

That's pretty cut and dry.

Everyone wants to watch good football. I actually said it was tough to watch at times, in the last line of the post NCF wanted to quote from 5-6 weeks ago, for no apparent reason, other than to be fair?

This isn't even about expectations on the season anymore. It's a mindset.

So let's just say, for good times sake, the Colts win the Division this year.

Do you think you be will have saw good football or bad football being played?

If you would rather not win the Division, which means you would rather lose essentially. 

Do you think you would see good or bad football?

No way we would win the division if we keep bungling it away, as you put it.

Just trying to figure out what you want, because at the moment you are saying you don't want to see bad football, but would rather not win the Division, even if that most likely means that good football is being played? 

"Anything can happen", isn't homer talk either. It is a fact. Any team can when any given game, as you said, same as regulation. Like I said though, this isn't even about my expectations on the season. It's about others perceptions if we did win the Division.

To be clear, I’m not saying I wouldn’t be happy with us winning the division or winning in general. 

But I’d rather see us play good football and losing to better teams than what we’ve been doing this season and listen to people saying we’re not far off. Because this offense is a clownshow and one or two adjustments isn’t going to make us a contender. 

For us to win the division we would have to play better than what we have been, granted, but going 9-7-1 doesn’t necessitate playing consistent good football in my opinion. 

“Anything can happen” IS a homer statement when it’s being used to hide behind and to minimize how bad we’ve been playing this year. Implying all we have to do is win the division and we’re going to contend is being a homer in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

To be clear, I’m not saying I wouldn’t be happy with us winning the division or winning in general. 

But I’d rather see us play good football and losing to better teams than what we’ve been doing this season and listen to people saying we’re not far off. Because this offense is a clownshow and one or two adjustments isn’t going to make us a contender. 

For us to win the division we would have to play better than what we have been, granted, but going 9-7-1 doesn’t necessitate playing consistent good football in my opinion. 

“Anything can happen” IS a homer statement when it’s being used to hide behind and to minimize how bad we’ve been playing this year. Implying all we have to do is win the division and we’re going to contend is being a homer in my opinion. 

I'm not implying we are going to win the Division or win another game for that matter.

I am not hiding behind or minimizing how bad we have played this year. Been horrible.

If you make the playoffs, you have a chance. Anything can happen, how you played all year doesn't matter, all that matters is how you play that day. That isn't homer talk, that is the facts talking.

You think if we went 6-2 over the final 8 games, <<<------ your words, that wouldn't equate to consistent good ball? Really? If we would happen to go 6-2 over the next 8 games with some of the opponents we are facing, we would be playing great ball.

Not far off? We're far from close. You do realize what he quoted of mine was almost a month in a half ago?  It was a talking point to switch over to the new thread, and was all true, no opinion. 

This whole conversation had no reason to exist, and now you're interjecting, to prolong it. He just wanted to be fair, to, I assume 2006. He probably gave him a bunch of grief about his Ryan talk and speaking facts about the reality of the situation "at the time"(that Colts we're still in it). Now that I think about it, I remember that situation, I was tagged during it. Why that's something that's needed to be brought up now? Beyond me.

So back to you, not sure if you were just throwing around general thoughts and they weren't directed at me, or if they were?  However ....

I don't:

Think we're close

Think we will win the Division

Think we will make the playoffs

Minimize how we have played this season

Tell you what though, if we do make the playoffs, I won't be upset about it. I imagine neither of you would be either(you stated that already).  And that's the main point, people saying they wouldn't be happy if we won the Division. Yes you would, or you're not a fan.

Probably not going to find out though, which is fine. I've come the conclusion that I have no expectations, just like you, hope to see some good football. Can't continue to watch what we have been watching. 

29 minutes ago, w87r said:

I'm not implying we are going to win the Division or win another game for that matter.

I am not hiding behind or minimizing how bad we have played this year. Been horrible.

If you make the playoffs, you have a chance. Anything can happen, how you played all year doesn't matter, all that matters is how you play that day. That isn't homer talk, that is the facts talking.

You think if we went 6-2 over the final 8 games, <<<------ your words, that wouldn't equate to consistent good ball? Really? If we would happen to go 6-2 over the next 8 games with some of the opponents we are facing, we would be playing great ball.

Not far off? We're far from close. You do realize what he quoted of mine was almost a month in a half ago?  It was a talking point to switch over to the new thread, and was all true, no opinion. 

This whole conversation had no reason to exist, and now you're interjecting, to prolong it. He just wanted to be fair, to, I assume 2006. He probably gave him a bunch of grief about his Ryan talk and speaking facts about the reality of the situation "at the time"(that Colts we're still in it). Now that I think about it, I remember that situation, I was tagged during it. Why that's something that's needed to be brought up now? Beyond me.

So back to you, not sure if you were just throwing around general thoughts and they weren't directed at me, or if they were?  However ....

I don't:

Think we're close

Think we will win the Division

Think we will make the playoffs

Minimize how we have played this season

Tell you what though, if we do make the playoffs, I won't be upset about it. I imagine neither of you would be either(you stated that already).  And that's the main point, people saying they wouldn't be happy if we won the Division. Yes you would, or you're not a fan.

Probably not going to find out though, which is fine. I've come the conclusion that I have no expectations, just like you, hope to see some good football. Can't continue to watch what we have been watching. 

It’s was general thoughts. :thmup:

No I don’t think you have to play consistently good football to go 6-2. There’s more to it than just stating a record over a periode of the season. Depends on opponents. Depends on bye week. %, our players could be high on Jeff and grind out some UGLY wins these next 8 weeks. Doesn’t mean we’re playing consistently good football. 

Regarding the “Anything can happen”, A theoretical 0.000001% chance of us going anywhere in the playoffs is filable under “Anything can happen”, and it wouldn’t or shouldn’t be reason for people to spout that sentence every chance they get. Not saying you are, but some here swear by it.

I appreciate it was a response to an old post. Not going to dig more into it. Peace. :thmup:

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

It’s was general thoughts. :thmup:

No I don’t think you have to play consistently good football to go 6-2. There’s more to it than just stating a record over periode of the season. Depends on opponents. Depends on bye week. %, our players could be high on Jeff and grind out some UGLY wins these next 8 weeks. Doesn’t mean we’re playing consistently good football. 

Regarding the “Anything can happen”, A theoretical 0.000001% chance of us going anywhere in the playoffs is filable under “Anything can happen”, and it wouldn’t or shouldn’t be reason for people to spout that sentence every chance they get. Not saying you are, but some here swear by it.

I appreciate it was a response to an old post. Not going to dig more into it. Peace. :thmup:

Right on.

I disagree, if we played 6-2 to finish out, we would have to be playing some good football. Anyway, that doesn't matter. I don't think we will be doing that and I definitely don't think you think that.

"Anything can happen" is more of a general thing, than a Colts thing. Any team, any year.  Agree with regular season classification up there or just anything in life. 

Holds a little more weight in the playoffs though. All it takes is a  big injury, turnover or whatever to swing the tides. Win or go home. 

Just hoping to see some good football tomorrow, like you. Expecting nothing more, nothing less.

Can't get much worse.

On 11/12/2022 at 10:43 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Does perseverance mean anything to you? I hope it does to the teams players. There’s been many teams that have gotten into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth then went on a run…and even won a super bowl, some that played in bad divisions. Yes, there has been some uninspiring football played by this teams offense, but I believe the main reason for that is now gone.

I’m not saying the Colts will go all the way this season, but you never know? The ultimate goal for every team is to win the Super Bowl, not to just play good football but never make it to the end. I usually take my family to a few games every season($$$), and lose valuable time watching them play when I could be doing other things(making $$$), so I guess I want to see a return on my investment, lol, even if it’s ugly at times.

Im treating todays game like the start of the second half of our season, hopefully the players are as well, there’s still a chance……

dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Does perseverance mean anything to you? I hope it does to the teams players. There’s been many teams that have gotten into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth then went on a run…and even won a super bowl, some that played in bad divisions. Yes, there has been some uninspiring football played by this teams offense, but I believe the main reason for that is now gone.

I’m not saying the Colts will go all the way this season, but you never know? The ultimate goal for every team is to win the Super Bowl, not to just play good football but never make it to the end. I usually take my family to a few games every season($$$), and lose valuable time watching them play when I could be doing other things(making $$$), so I guess I want to see a return on my investment, lol, even if it’s ugly at times.

Im treating todays game like the start of the second half of our season, hopefully the players are as well, there’s still a chance……

dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

1995 season is a perfect example of what you posted. We went 9-7 that season. If everyone just wanted to give up on the season or be uninspired that is their right but not me. I have seen way too many teams go 9-7 and go deep in the playoffs. Giants went 9-7 and beat the Pats in the SB 1 year.

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Sam stinks it up early, I can see Matt being put in Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

Don’t take this wrong Brother,  but why do you want Sam to fail so much? Just because You feel Ryan was wronged? I have mixed feelings…..wouldn’t mind seeing Ryan out there only IF the oline improves and he is allowed more time to throw, although there were a few times before that he had plenty of time to throw and made a bad decision, he admitted it post game.  I’m sure he was possibly rattled, so that could have been a factor. His non mobility and turnovers were costly though.

It was only a matter of time before Ryan was going to get obliterated  and possibly permanently injured behind this line if he kept playing. Throwing a younger hopefully more mobile qb in seemed like a no brainer to me.:dunno: Let’s see what the kids got at least, one good game and one bad game is not enough time to know if he’s our future or just a backup in my opinion.

23 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

Rooting against my team?    Never happened.   Not once.   Not ever.   Not sure how you arrived there?    

I just think the Colts problems are much bigger than some 9-7-1 AFC South title.   That wouldn’t be as satisfying as the Colts success was in 12, 13, 14, 18, and 20.  And none of those years were division title years.   But they met or exceeded my expectations.  

Being the best team in a terrible division and especially the way the season has unfolded couldn’t be satisfying.   But that doesn’t mean I’m rooting against my team.  
It means I’d fear Irsay would use the title to not take all the steps that I think are needed.   I think the Colts are a terrible hot mess.  Not sure one off-season gets us there?   A faux success title out of the ashes of a dreadful season I’d worry would only delay the work to be done. 

Sorry to interrupt but if the Colts could comeback from the disaster of the year it has has been to date  It would probably go down in history as one of the greatest turnaround ever 

that should excite all of us no?

4 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Don’t take this wrong Brother,  but why do you want Sam to fail so much? Just because You feel Ryan was wronged? I have mixed feelings…..wouldn’t mind seeing Ryan out there only IF the oline improves and he is allowed more time to throw, although there were a few times before that he had plenty of time to throw and made a bad decision, he admitted it post game.  I’m sure he was possibly rattled, so that could have been a factor. His non mobility and turnovers were costly though.

It was only a matter of time before Ryan was going to get obliterated  and possibly permanently injured behind this line if he kept playing. Throwing a younger hopefully more mobile qb in seemed like a no brainer to me.:dunno: Let’s see what the kids got at least, one good game and one bad game is not enough time to know if he’s our future or just a backup in my opinion.

I want to see Sam succeed but I just don't see it. I still think Matt Ryan can win games was the point of my post. If Sam comes out today and plays lights out, I would love it.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want to see Sam succeed but I just don't see it. I still think Matt Ryan can win games was the point of my post. If Sam comes out today and plays lights out, I would love it.

Ok, I smell you now brother 

1499807081-giphy-17.gif?resize=320:*

Archived