Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Regular Season vol 2: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

w87r

Keep Going Go On GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Will say, as bad as it looks and has looked bad, we're right there.

We are 1/2 game out of division. Not to worried about division record being a tie breaker at the end of season. That tie is beneficial in that regard(unless it's Houston). So we could literally be division leaders come next week.

We are 1/2 game out of #5 seed if we were to miss out on division. Although our division(conference) losses hurt in that regard.

Just have to put it together. That isn't being a homer. That is what has occurred the last few years. We're we hoping this year would be different? Of course, but if the team does what it has the last few years(start slow, then improve), it will be in the hunt in the last couple weeks of season. We play the Texans @ home then too.

It's tough to watch at times.

• Like 6

• w87r pinned this topic

The slow starts make sense. However, it’s being exacerbated by the fact the game plans and play calling are spartan at times and lack creativity…..Do you think the play calling is this way until these new QB’s get comfortable with the offense (week 5 onward)?

5 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

The slow starts make sense. However, it’s being exacerbated by the fact the game plans and play calling are spartan at times and lack creativity…..Do you think the play calling is this way until these new QB’s get comfortable with the offense (week 5 onward)?

There's a difference in keeping things a little safe or vanilla that may or may not work. But running something like a screen pass that NEVER works every single game in crucial moments and causing a drive to halt is just stupid and trying to force that square peg into a round hole.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

There's a difference in keeping things a little safe or vanilla that may or may not work. But running something like a screen pass that NEVER works every single game in crucial moments and causing a drive to halt is just stupid and trying to force that square peg into a round hole.

Oh I wholeheartedly agree. Screens, up the gut runs with Taylor & Hines or how drives are called (I.e run, run, slant route - fumble lol) Need to be taken out of playbook and sent back to hell. Just seems like we get in our own way at times. Hopefully Thursday we tighten up a bit. I’m hopeful. 

55 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Piayers are getting tired of all the QB. If I was a lot of them I would be asking for a trade. Reich is probably tired of it too. Ballard has also lost this team. It absolutely effects the game plan early.

3 hours ago, adubb84 said:

He start saying it's not a excuse, and then give a excuse.

How about play better and just make a guy miss in the open field?

Do your job.

10 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Do your job.

Kind of hard when he never gets targets or plays enough snaps. Players were very vocal they did not like it when Wentz was traded last offseason. You can’t keep doing what the colts have done at QB.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Kind of hard when he never gets targets or plays enough snaps. Players were very vocal they did not like it when Wentz was traded last offseason. You can’t keep doing what the colts have done at QB.

Hines looks slow and weak and JTs is stopping behind his block without realize they're not overpowering anybody like last year and he needs to go vertical faster because the blocking set up will not develop.

For every 2 yards from JT yesterday, Henry got 4 on a similar hole.

How about being held accountable of your play and then complain about something else latter.. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, adubb84 said:

Translation: He thinks getting rid of Wentz was a mistake. And its almost a semi shot at Ryan somewhat.

37 minutes ago, krunk said:

Translation: He thinks getting rid of Wentz was a mistake. And its almost a semi shot at Ryan somewhat.

Shot at the entire organization including Ballard. I really miss seeing Hines smiling face and all the fun energetic plays he had with rivers and even a few with Wentz.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

That’s your interpretation of the players reaction.    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

I'm willing to bet there are a lot of players frustrated with a lot of decisions being made in game and for the team.

The team is 1-2-1 and hasn’t looked good for four quarters of one game.   

Saying there are a lot of frustrated players is a safe bet.   I’d be shocked if there weren’t.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DiogoSales said:

Do your job.

He needs more touches to do his job..I think it’s a Trojan horse comment that’s really about how different QB’s adjust and how the play

calling is catered to them. 

I will say however, there have been more players  vocal this year than usual about the direction of the team. It’s quickly reaching fever pitch. That’s also an indictment on Reich on not driving confidence to a degree on what his Vision is and how to execute it. 

They need to pull out a win in Denver and quickly regroup. I fear another loss going into a mini by week will cause some hysteria and REAL panic. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The team is 1-2-1 and hasn’t looked good for four quarters of one game.   

Saying there are a lot of frustrated players is a safe bet.   I’d be shocked if there weren’t.   

I'm also referring to the constant coach and QB changes and plays being called on offense.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I don't think either of those things are true.

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Shot at the entire organization including Ballard. I really miss seeing Hines smiling face and all the fun energetic plays he had with rivers and even a few with Wentz.

I don't think it was that either. I think he was asked why they were having slow starts and answered the question.

Any of the Colts cam videos that have been posted recently he's shown smiling. I'm not sure where you're getting that he's not, other than that they haven't been winning a lot, which in general will make most players not smile.

• Thanks 1

This is kind of juicy. I don’t know why Pat Mcafee would make this up but this sounds made up. Or whoever told him I’d lying. He said on his shoe today woods snd od were limited for texting during mass Sunday before the game. Why would there be mass before a game? And why would they punish him for something like that. I am calling bill on that one. Woods had 15 snaps. That seems normal for him bring a rookie.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

When things are going bad, there are very few happy people.   

When things are going good, there are very few happy people 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Best post of the year. Man you nailed that one! The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

That's a stretch, but find me the lie? Lol

Ready to hopefully take out the Broncos on Thursday, be 2-2-1 with the mini bye and start the journey towards a good finish to the year.

It's there for the taking, even as bad as it has looked.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, w87r said:

That's a stretch, but find me the lie? Lol

Ready to hopefully take out the Broncos on Thursday, be 2-2-1 with the mini bye and start the journey towards a good finish to the year.

It's there for the taking, even as bad as it has looked.

That post was awesome, I ranked that #1 of the year as far as comebacks. Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sort of true but 2020 was a good season with Rivers. That win last week vs KC was a great moment, KC to me is the 2nd best team in the league behind Buffalo.

The Colts don’t even qualify as a one and done team right now. That seems to be the bar for happiness for many here who think Ballard is a great GM.

kids hclutr19 GIF by Hallmark Channel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MPStack said:

The Colts don’t even qualify as a one and done team right now. That seems to be the bar for happiness for many here who think Ballard is a great GM.

kids hclutr19 GIF by Hallmark Channel

I think Ballard is good but not great, Last weeks win was great though. Tennessee has been one and done the last 2 years and some in here think they are great

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

2014 was along time ago…..

200.gif

It was, but us Colts fans have became spoiled with success. Clouds our judgement sometimes.

Will post this here because there is too many threads it could be in.

Just want to run through the scenario:

Ballard is hired to be GM

Ballard has to keep Pagano year 1 

Luck gets hurt

Ballard has agreed to hire McDaniels - backs out

Ballard "settles" with Reich

Luck back, plays great year 2(Ballard)

Year 3 about to be great

Luck retires right before season, year 3

Ballard trades for Brissett

Brissett not the Answer in year 3 good enough to stick around as back up

This is the turning point. Ballard has to ask himself a few questions going into year 4:

Are we ready to compete? 

Can we afford to waste a year or 2,3(draft rookie QB) when our guys are ready, if we are ready to compete now?

Start Brissett again?

Need the 1st to help team compete more?

Is there a vet option that can bridge the gap?

Is there a guy we like within striking distance?

What is best solution?

Former Reich QB becomes available, Rivers

Makes the call to bring Rivers in for year 4

Rivers has a pretty solid season - Playoffs

Rivers retire(forced vs own validity? ?)

Now what?

Still ready to compete. Rookie or vet?

Need 1st to help team compete more other places?

Another Reich QB becomes available, Wentz

Bring Wentz in

So so season, catastrophic ending

Irsay pretty much makes the call that Wentz is gone one way or the other.

Did Ballard/Reich feel that way? Maybe, probably, either way now on to a new QB again.

No 1st from Wentz trade

Matt Ryan becomes available

We bring him in

Season has started rough, as have the last few.

Always seem to turn it around right about now and fans/media just want to take shot after shot at you.

Tough.

Colts fans are spoiled. People complaining about being around a .500 team during Ballard's time and acting as if that is horrible.

Look at what he had to go through, we are lucky we haven't been one of the worst teams in the league,like the Jags or Jets, after having to go through all that.

The same people that bash now, are the same people that would bash, if Ballard would of went rookie QB and missed playoffs for few years waiting for him to be ready.

Lose-lose situation. You just keep doing your job.

This isn't me giving him a pass for where we are currently, but really, where are we currently?

1/2 game out of division

Division record wont matter to much, with our tie(for tie breaker purposes)

1/2 game out of #5 seed if we were to not win division.

It's been ugly, it isn't over. Long way to go, not going to over react.

Get mad about bad play, absolutely. On to the next.

Disclaimer: Randon rant, not directed to any specific person.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• chad72 changed the title to Apparently we don't have luck on our side
  • w87r unpinned this topic
  • Shive locked this topic