Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Regular Season vol 2: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

w87r

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

Dude got beat a lot more compared to the other guys. He almost cost the Colts the Pierce TD because of his terrible attempt at pass blocking.

Pryor just isn’t a very good starter.

58 times. Do you realize how rare that is to throw that much. On that last play it was a long developing play so not surprised they got to him after he threw it. But the oline did hang on long enough to get it off: 

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

58 times. Do you realize how rare that is to throw that much. On that last play it was a long developing play so not surprised they got to him after he threw it. But the oline did hang on long enough to get it off: 

Exactly.  Think about it.  58 times!  That’s crazy.  And no one including Pryor gave up a sack.  And Jacksonville has a very good defensive front too.  More running plays puts our OL on the attack instead of absorbing the attack.  Hopefully this new OL can get JT going.  If that happens no more 58 throws.  More balanced equals a more dangerous offense.  Maybe more games with zero sacks.

55 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

What I’m saying is none of the other Olineman struggled as much as he did. I’m not saying I can’t believe he gave up pressures when we passed 58 times.

Also, I know mistakes happen but the last play he was the ONLY lineman to let his guy basically run right past him. His film from last game is ugly.

He is for sure the weak link.

29 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Exactly.  Think about it.  58 times!  That’s crazy.  And no one including Pryor gave up a sack.  And Jacksonville has a very good defensive front too.  More running plays puts our OL on the attack instead of absorbing the attack.  Hopefully this new OL can get JT going.  If that happens no more 58 throws.  More balanced equals a more dangerous offense.  Maybe more games with zero sacks.

He was the weakest link on the Oline the entire game. Watch the tape. He struggled more than anyone else. 

Of course there are going to be pressures when we pass 58 times. Those numbers are wild. I’m just comparing him to the rest of the Oline.

Also no sacks but there was an intentional grounding.

On 10/20/2022 at 7:50 PM, JediXMan said:

I see a guy that takes bad tackling angles and penalties. Between him and Pryor the coaching staff is stubborn.

You should really listen to the interviews.  Gus correctly stated that we will need all 4 corners in the long run this year and they all need playing time to get better and remain ready.  Basically Brandon is the 4th corner and we are going to need him, he needs to improve and he has done some good things over the years and early this year.  Also, Isaiah got more time last week then Brandon and will most likely keep trending that way.

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

Is that the 2nd rounder gone then?

No, he would need to miss 5 games

But yeah, 2nd rounder is gone.

Should be a high 3rd though.

Heinecke will probably win some game for them though.

20 hours ago, Shepman said:

You should really listen to the interviews.  Gus correctly stated that we will need all 4 corners in the long run this year and they all need playing time to get better and remain ready.  Basically Brandon is the 4th corner and we are going to need him, he needs to improve and he has done some good things over the years and early this year.  Also, Isaiah got more time last week then Brandon and will most likely keep trending that way.

It’s really starting to look like trading away Rock was a mistake. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I tend to agree, especially if you have a Freeney or Mathis or Von Miller. If we had a Deion Sanders though than I could see the argument the other way.

Ultimately you want both. But a pass rush can cover up a weak secondary. If it comes down to salary cap pass rush first. I think colts pass rush is improved a ton this year. I think we have a pretty good secondary too. Not a elite secondary but pretty good.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ultimately you want both. But a pass rush can cover up a weak secondary. If it comes down to salary cap pass rush first. I think colts pass rush is improved a ton this year. I think we have a pretty good secondary too. Not a elite secondary but pretty good.

I agree and I agree with the trade we made. To me Rock was ok, I would say above average but nothing special. 

Daryl Williams RG, RT is still an unsigned FA according to Bleacher Report today.  The 30 year old started all 17 games last year for the Bills.  He posted a overall PFF score of 67.5 while giving up 4 sacks last year.  I dare say he would be an upgrade at RG today.  If trading for a RG is not possible signing Williams might be the answer.  They don’t expect him to be out there much longer given all of the OL injuries around the league.

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Daryl Williams RG, RT is still an unsigned FA according to Bleacher Report today.  The 30 year old started all 17 games last year for the Bills.  He posted a overall PFF score of 67.5 while giving up 4 sacks last year.  I dare say he would be an upgrade at RG today.  If trading for a RG is not possible signing Williams might be the answer.  They don’t expect him to be out there much longer given all of the OL injuries around the league.

At this point I would much rather sign a guy than trade for someone.  If we trade it would seem we will have to use some draft picks and we are going to need all the picks we have and then some.

Adding one guy to the O-line probably isn't going to turn this season around.  We need a long term answer at QB and LT and we will most likely need rookies to make that happen.  Maybe Raimann is the answer at LT, but we won't know for sure for some time if that is true.  And counting on him is putting all of your eggs in one basket.  We know Ryan isn't the long term answer.  

2 minutes ago, gspdx said:

At this point I would much rather sign a guy than trade for someone.  If we trade it would seem we will have to use some draft picks and we are going to need all the picks we have and then some.

Adding one guy to the O-line probably isn't going to turn this season around.  We need a long term answer at QB and LT and we will most likely need rookies to make that happen.  Maybe Raimann is the answer at LT, but we won't know for sure for some time if that is true.  And counting on him is putting all of your eggs in one basket.  We know Ryan isn't the long term answer.  

I think we can still win with Ryan if we fix the OL.  He certainly isn’t the long term answer but we can win with him.  He has three come from behind victories already this season.  Fix the line and we start scoring points and we are not forced to come from behind.  I’m with Irsay.  I want to make the playoffs this year.  So do the coaches and front office.  It can still happen but we need a few upgrades to make it happen.  FA, poaching a practice squad player or trade.  Somehow they need to try something.  Pierce has already exceeded my expectations.  Campbell is not far behind.  The defense is outstanding without Leonard.  The talent is there to be a playoff team.  I think if we fix the OL we score points.  A lot of points.

Archived