Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Regular Season vol 2: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

w87r

12 minutes ago, w87r said:

Players talent only takes them so far. Coaching and being put in position to succeed takes it to next level.

Chris Strausser has been a complete failure, IMO.

It's like we don't study tendencies throughout the week and are coming out playing a team we haven't seen film on. Just totally unprepared.

To the bolded part. Why do you keep harping on this?

The team clearly thought a drastic move needed to be made(as did most). We did it, and we won. Was there issues? Yes. If they keep the same line next week, they will have a head start going into next week.

We won. Why still talk about something so irrelevant moving forward?

Again we won.  Dumb or not. It got the job done.

Because it was stupid. I am not the only one who says that. All the media was basically laughing at the colts for doing it on week with no practice.  It set the players up for failure. I mean they  looked even worse.The time to do that was after the denver game where you had ten days to prepare. It was dumb  all around. 

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Because it was stupid. I am not the only one who says that. All the media was basically laughing at the colts for doing it on week with no practice.  It set the players up for failure. I mean they  looked even worse.The time to do that was after the denver game where you had ten days to prepare. It was dumb  all around. 

It worked. Plus it shows they are trying to work on the issue and resolve it. Should be happy we are willing to go to extremes to try and remedy the problem. Whether some fans or media members think it is "stupid", or not.

I would rather focus on Jags then think about a game that is over. Where a drastic change, that was very much needed, happened, fought through and won. Then to set here and criticize the move 

To each their own though.

We won, their gamble paid off and hopefully laid the foundation for something new.

Who knows though? They could change it up again next week.

3 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

As bad as the oline has looked I still think most of the issues are not players ability. Which I hope means that there is a fix. I mean I don’t ever recall in my memory a oline bring this bad. Not even with Luck.

There definitely seems to be an issue with who is calling the protections and just not calling the right ones. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I believe your memory is correct.   I’ve been watching the NFL for over 55 years and this is easily one of the worst OL’s I’ve ever seen.   Inexplicably bad.    Not one player is performing up to their expected standard.   Not one.  

I’d love to be the fly on the wall to find out what the coaches think is wrong?   Mind boggling. 

1 hour ago, w87r said:

It worked. Plus it shows they are trying to work on the issue and resolve it. Should be happy we are willing to go to extremes to try and remedy the problem. Whether some fans or media members think it is "stupid", or not.

I would rather focus on Jags then think about a game that is over. Where a drastic change, that was very much needed, happened, fought through and won. Then to set here and criticize the move 

To each their own though.

We won, their gamble paid off and hopefully laid the foundation for something new.

Who knows though? They could change it up again next week.

We won but it didn’t really work. It was actually worse. But I want to see it again when they have a week to work on it.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We won but it didn’t really work. It was actually worse. But I want to see it again when they have a week to work on it.

Hey, if it did or didn't?

They got it on film and have something to analyze, and a win.

4 hours ago, w87r said:

Players talent only takes them so far. Coaching and being put in position to succeed takes it to next level.

Chris Strausser has been a complete failure, IMO.

It's like we don't study tendencies throughout the week and are coming out playing a team we haven't seen film on. Just totally unprepared.

To the bolded part. Why do you keep harping on this?

The team clearly thought a drastic move needed to be made(as did most). We did it, and we won. Was there issues? Yes. If they keep the same line next week, they will have a head start going into next week.

We won. Why still talk about something so irrelevant moving forward?

Again we won.  Dumb or not. It got the job done.

I don’t understand what’s going on?

Chris Strausser has been a solid coach for three years….   19, 20, and 21.   He has a track record of success.   

But what we’re seeing now is beyond comprehension.   We haven’t regressed a little….  We’ve completely collapsed…. Imploded…. It’s astounding.   When all 5 OL are struggling as ours are, and that includes Nelson,  I think it’s more than just the coaching.   Something feels…..   Very, very NOT right.   Seriously wrong. 

I’d love the inside scoop…….  

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Chris Strausser has been a solid coach for three years….   19, 20, and 21.   He has a track record of success.   

I think we have steadily regressed over those 3 years and that was with all the same names in place. 

IDK? What could be the bigger issue? They just seem under prepared week in amd week out. Like I said, it's like they never seen tape of opposing defenses and have no clue on their tendencies.

AC retirement definitely hurt

3 hours ago, w87r said:

I think we have steadily regressed over those 3 years and that was with all the same names in place. 

IDK? What could be the bigger issue? They just seem under prepared week in amd week out. Like I said, it's like they never seen tape of opposing defenses and have no clue on their tendencies.

Is it protections? Maybe last year's Kelly tragedy has him distracted(?).

I'd guess it's a few little things that have culminated.

3 hours ago, w87r said:

Im reluctant to criticize 2021 performance with 4 of the 5 staters getting injured at the start.   

But even if I 100 percent agreed, the regression has been minimal each year.   And the fall of this year has been beyond bad.   As if we fell off a cliff.   Almost as if there is no one coaching them.   It’s not like we’ve gone from 5 in 2018 with the previous coach and then to say 8 to 10 to 14 and now we’re 20.  Suddenly we’re in the 30’s, and possibly 32nd.   That’s what makes no sense.   The fall off is is beyond explanation. 

To me, when the performance is this bad, I’m reluctant to just find one problem and assign blame.   I think there are multiple issues, whether we all know them or not.  And believe me, as much as I like and respect Ballard, some of this is on him too.  There’s no getting away from this.   

I think it’ll be fascinating to see all the changes we make this off-season…. Both players AND coaches!   

18 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I’m surprised they haven’t put Paye on short term IR for his high ankle injury.

Yeah doesn’t seem Reich mentioned anything. Maybe that’s good news.

George Bremer mentioned on his podcast today how it seems college is not developing oline players very well. He says if you look around the nfl  there are a lot of bad Olines and it seems teams are having a hard time finding good oline players. Stafford has been sacked as many times as Ryan.

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

I’m surprised they haven’t put Paye on short term IR for his high ankle injury.

That could still be in the cards it could also be good news.  High ankle sprains are strange injuries in that no two are the same and ability to play normally comes down to someone’s ability to manage pain.  Remember Wentz had at least one last year after the Rams game and played the next week.  

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Yeah doesn’t seem Reich mentioned anything. Maybe that’s good news.

George Bremer mentioned on his podcast today how it seems college is not developing oline players very well. He says if you look around the nfl  there are a lot of bad Olines and it seems teams are having a hard time finding good oline players. Stafford has been sacked as many times as Ryan.

Polian brought this up a few years and said it was going to be a major issue in the NFL.  He blamed the use of the spread offense in college for what it’s worth.

49 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Lol

That’s Wentz right there. Will have just the right amount of good throws to make you feel like he is a good player.

Then destroy those good throws with absolutely terrible plays.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Stephen Holder just said on JMV he had a convo with Ballard the other day. Ballard said you couldn’t of convinced me that this oline was going to be the Colts biggest problem.

Well it shouldn’t be for what they are paying.  So I can get that mind set.  However it is.  So now the question becomes what do you do about it?

14 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well it shouldn’t be for what they are paying.  So I can get that mind set.  However it is.  So now the question becomes what do you do about it?

Pretty sure they are going to have to make a trade to improve. I don’t think we have what we need on the roster. Fisher is still out there but it’s weird that no one has signed him yet. Wonder if rams will come calling for him. It would at least improve  the run game if he has stayed in shape.

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Pretty sure they are going to have to make a trade to improve. I don’t think we have what we need on the roster. Fisher is still out there but it’s weird that no one has signed him yet. Wonder if rams will come calling for him. It would at least improve  the run game if he has stayed in shape.

Just read an article that highlighted 6 players that could be available now that the Panthers fired Rhule.  One is OG Brady Christianson who was a high draft pick in 2019 I believe.  From BYU he is a solid starter.  They could be thinking about blowing it up now a rebuild seems inevitable.

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Polian brought this up a few years and said it was going to be a major issue in the NFL.  He blamed the use of the spread offense in college for what it’s worth.

LeRaven Clark is on the Titans Roster. That tells you about the talent of NFL Tackles today….

Archived