Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Regular Season vol 2: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

w87r

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, w87r said:

It was, but us Colts fans have became spoiled with success. Clouds our judgement sometimes.

Will post this here because there is too many threads it could be in.

Just want to run through the scenario:

Ballard is hired to be GM

Ballard has to keep Pagano year 1 

Luck gets hurt

Ballard has agreed to hire McDaniels - backs out

Ballard "settles" with Reich

Luck back, plays great year 2(Ballard)

Year 3 about to be great

Luck retires right before season, year 3

Ballard trades for Brissett

Brissett not the Answer in year 3 good enough to stick around as back up

This is the turning point. Ballard has to ask himself a few questions going into year 4:

Are we ready to compete? 

Can we afford to waste a year or 2,3(draft rookie QB) when our guys are ready, if we are ready to compete now?

Start Brissett again?

Need the 1st to help team compete more?

Is there a vet option that can bridge the gap?

Is there a guy we like within striking distance?

What is best solution?

Former Reich QB becomes available, Rivers

Makes the call to bring Rivers in for year 4

Rivers has a pretty solid season - Playoffs

Rivers retire(forced vs own validity? ?)

Now what?

Still ready to compete. Rookie or vet?

Need 1st to help team compete more other places?

Another Reich QB becomes available, Wentz

Bring Wentz in

So so season, catastrophic ending

Irsay pretty much makes the call that Wentz is gone one way or the other.

Did Ballard/Reich feel that way? Maybe, probably, either way now on to a new QB again.

No 1st from Wentz trade

Matt Ryan becomes available

We bring him in

Season has started rough, as have the last few.

Always seem to turn it around right about now and fans/media just want to take shot after shot at you.

Tough.

Colts fans are spoiled. People complaining about being around a .500 team during Ballard's time and acting as if that is horrible.

Look at what he had to go through, we are lucky we haven't been one of the worst teams in the league,like the Jags or Jets, after having to go through all that.

The same people that bash now, are the same people that would bash, if Ballard would of went rookie QB and missed playoffs for few years waiting for him to be ready.

Lose-lose situation. You just keep doing your job.

This isn't me giving him a pass for where we are currently, but really, where are we currently?

1/2 game out of division

Division record wont matter to much, with our tie(for tie breaker purposes)

1/2 game out of #5 seed if we were to not win division.

It's been ugly, it isn't over. Long way to go, not going to over react.

Get mad about bad play, absolutely. On to the next.

Disclaimer: Randon rant, not directed to any specific person.

You are on fire today, I will just let you post for me. Like Reggie vs Spike Lee :thmup: The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

25 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Damn that’s bad.

Trade him to the Bears for a 2nd or 3rd or something. You know Eberflus will want to be reunited.

I know I am tired of watching him get picked on and cooked usually.

30 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Let’s hope they keep Wentz playing. With how things are going colts are going to have 3 very high draft picks for a QB.

8 more games plus a few more snaps to be safe. Definitely want that 2nd.

18 minutes ago, w87r said:

Colts will basically have 3 first round picks because those early seconds are basically late firsts. We will see if they keep struggling. That could be very nice incentive for a new GM to move up in draft for a QB. Or picking high  enough won’t need too.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

I can almost sense that Ron Rivera, when push comes to shove, will bench Wentz halfway through the season at the end of October and give a shot to Sam Howell. Just my gut feeling. He has already come out and thrown Wentz under the bus last week, and Wentz to his credit, he owned up to his mistakes. This week, Ron Rivera was more subdued and generalized the mistakes as something the offense as a UNIT made. If it comes down to saving his job, I am pretty sure he benches Wentz.

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I can almost sense that Ron Rivera, when push comes to shove, will bench Wentz halfway through the season at the end of October and give a shot to Sam Howell. Just my gut feeling. He has already come out and thrown Wentz under the bus last week, and Wentz to his credit, he owned up to his mistakes. This week, Ron Rivera was more subdued and generalized the mistakes as something the offense as a UNIT made. If it comes down to saving his job, I am pretty sure he benches Wentz.

Yeah that is why I am hoping Wentz can win a few games over next few weeks and stay in race, like us last year. Not us though obviously.

With all the teams essentially bunched up at 2-2, should be able to stay in for a little bit.

27 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Unless they turn it around there is no doubt in my mind that he will bench Wentz.  Job security comes first.  

31 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah that is why I am hoping Wentz can win a few games over next few weeks and stay in race, like us last year. Not us though obviously.

With all the teams essentially bunched up at 2-2, should be able to stay in for a little bit.

Good article on sunk cost fallacy and how the fan base would soon get behind benching Wentz:

https://www.hogshaven.com/platform/amp/2022/10/3/23385036/its-time-for-the-commanders-to-make-a-qb-change

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Good article on sunk cost fallacy and how the fan base would soon get behind benching Wentz:

Either way it should be a good pick.

Comes down to if it is good or gooder(not word)...lol

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

https://www.hogshaven.com/platform/amp/2022/10/3/23385036/its-time-for-the-commanders-to-make-a-qb-change

IDK?

I find it hard to believe that they will be out of contention come week 12.

1-3 right now, 1/2 game out of playoffs

Titans - hopefully for us a W(on 2 fronts)

@Bears - good chance of W

Packers - L

@Colts - hopefully L, 

Vikings - ? Probably L, never know though

@Eagles - L

@Texans - probably W

Falcons - good chance for W

So If this played out like this:

Commanders would be 5-7 with 2 winnable games and bye coming up to try and get back to .500.

@Giants

Bye

Giants

This is what I can hope for?....... Really want that 2nd. Lol

7 hours ago, w87r said:

IDK?

I find it hard to believe that they will be out of contention come week 12.

1-3 right now, 1/2 game out of playoffs

Titans - hopefully for us a W(on 2 fronts)

@Bears - good chance of W

Packers - L

@Colts - hopefully L, 

Vikings - ? Probably L, never know though

@Eagles - L

@Texans - probably W

Falcons - good chance for W

So If this played out like this:

Commanders would be 5-7 with 2 winnable games and bye coming up to try and get back to .500.

@Giants

Bye

Giants

This is what I can hope for?....... Really want that 2nd. Lol

The issue is both Eagles and Cowboys might end up winning 10-12 games when it’s all said and done. There could be a 6 game difference by the time game 12 is done the way the Commanders are playing. In other words, Cowboys and Eagles both losing is what we should root for. Just like the Eagles rooted for us to win but then lose as the season went on :) 

27 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The issue is both Eagles and Cowboys might end up winning 10-12 games when it’s all said and done. There could be a 6 game difference by the time game 12 is done the way the Commanders are playing. In other words, Cowboys and Eagles both losing is what we should root for. Just like the Eagles rooted for us to win but then lose as the season went on :) 

I root for that anyway. 

Archived