Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nyheim Hines

Mr.Debonair

I hope when Frank goes, he takes Hines too. I’ve heard all the fluff piece about him and just don’t see the reasoning behind all the fanfare.

He’s not good between the tackles. He very rarely makes anyone miss in open space.

Frank has tried to feature him on multiple occasions and got nothing from it

He’s HORRIBLE on special teams.

4 hours ago, zibby43 said:
4 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Dude is overrated and overpaid.

Just like our OL.

4 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I hope when Frank goes, he takes Hines too. I’ve heard all the fluff piece about him and just don’t see the reasoning behind all the fanfare.

He’s not good between the tackles. He very rarely makes anyone miss in open space.

Yes. It is good to hear what I have been thinking all along...what good is a small semi-skilled RB as your main backup?

14 minutes ago, Maniac53 said:

Hines is only has good as his blockers. No he isn't a JT, but he is very good runner if he gets an opening..., He doesn't get great blocking from his TEs and WRs. I miss Pascal for WR blocking damn he was a good blocker...

We got him passes in the open field and he couldn’t break a tackle or make a guy miss. Reich isnt good at scheming for him either

14 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

he couldn’t break a tackle or make a guy miss.

Dude.  He's been like that since being drafted.  He's not particularly shifty and seems to get off balance too easily when hit or dodging a hit.  He can make some nice plays, but its not like he's a waterbug on the field.

5 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

he is really a bad running back .....   he dances to much has no burst  if its a wide open gap he gets like 3 yards from dancing to much .   that is why the draws up the middle dont work even when the defense thinks its a pass he gets stuffed running right into the defender .

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

he is really a bad running back .....   he dances to much has no burst  if its a wide open gap he gets like 3 yards from dancing to much .   that is why the draws up the middle dont work even when the defense thinks its a pass he gets stuffed running right into the defender .

Agree on all points!!

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

If Nyheim Hines goes to a team with Tom Brady or Josh Allen or Mahomes, it would be prime James White all over again. He’s best for draw plays and catches in the flat or space, and is used incorrectly, IMO

Yep.  Hines has always been used as a primary backup to either Mack or JT.  James White never was used like that.    James White did not line up in the slot, IIRC, correctly so.  White was a seldom used piece who's skill set did not allow him to get many touches, only a few when called upon, and sometimes more depending upon the D they were playing that week.  (White was used a lot against the Colts because the Colts have always had bad coverage LBers and Ss)  And, White made very little money, IIRC. 

He got paid correctly because the GM knew what his skill set was and was not.

All that offseason hype for Hines too. How Wentz held him back and how Ryan was going to unlock this massive potential.

He played 30% and 28% snaps the last two games...games where they were down big both times. It's always been Reich.

BTW, Ryan has targeted him on dumpoffs...it's just not nearly the game-changing strategy some thought it was. 

Archived