Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Select Bernhard Raimann at 77

tvturner

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Surprised he lasted this long

I was driving home and Venturi mentioned him as an option at 42.  In fact he was surprised the Colts didn’t stay at 42 and take him.  So to get him here is another steal.  The Colts have now addressed their three biggest needs going into the draft added Matt Ryan for a third and effectively traded AJ Brown out of the division with their first.  I don’t think you could have drawn up a better draft for the Colts so far.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I'm loving this draft. I wasn't the biggest fan of Raimann in the 1st the way some were projecting him, but at 77 this is a no-brainer... Ballard has done really well navigating this draft and acquiring good value ... 

Exactly how I felt about him too. Liked him, but not at 42. To get him here is outstanding. A++ draft so far. Even without a first.

Dude is super raw and needs a lot of work but I love the pick. It was basically a freebie, they wanted Pierce all along and still got him. Now they get a plus athlete who can be a swing tackle and develop behind Pryor this year. 

This roster is looking pretty good if you ask me.

Pierce, Woods, Raimann.

I'll take it. Cant wait to see what these young fellas bring to the team.

Just now, CantBeStopped said:

Started a thread about him a few days ago in the draft section. Wanted him in the 2nd. Everyone said he’d probably go before that pick. And we get him in the 3rd!!

I was one that thought he’d be gone.  I didn’t know about his health concerns. Total steal here! If his knees hold up he could be a great LT. 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I was driving home and Venturi mentioned him as an option at 42.  In fact he was surprised the Colts didn’t stay at 42 and take him.  So to get him here is another steal.  The Colts have now addressed their three biggest needs going into the draft added Matt Ryan for a third and effectively traded AJ Brown out of the division with their first.  I don’t think you could have drawn up a better draft for the Colts so far.

How exactly did colts get AJ traded out of division.

I lovvvve watching the draft and seeing who the colts draft.. I don’t watch college football so I always come here to see y’all’s opinions! I don’t know if any of these guys are as good as everyone is saying but I love what everyone is saying about everyone elf these picks so far! Wow I’ve never seen a draft so far from the colts being so excited about the players they pick! Glad there’s a lot of excitement!

2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

How exactly did colts get AJ traded out of division.

Clearly the Colts themselves didn’t do it that was a bit tongue in cheek.  However the Eagles used a pick they got from the Colts for Wentz (and via a trade with the Saints) to trade for Brown.

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Ballard knew this was a make or break draft for him.  He is doing great. I expect to see defense now from here on. I was actually expecting us to take Dean instead of TE. 

I saw he started to fall as he wouldnt have shoulder surgery and they saw it as a red flag (Multiple teams saying that I mean)

I love this draft honestly. Ballard turned a draft without a 1st, into three solid day 2 picks and an extra 6th rounder.

Pierce, Woods, and now Raimann. This draft is beautiful tbh. Three guys with high potential that can all start either right away or very soon. I'm having a lot of fun tonight!

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm loving this draft. I wasn't the biggest fan of Raimann in the 1st the way some were projecting him, but at 77 this is a no-brainer... Ballard has done really well navigating this draft and acquiring good value ... 

This is kind of where I was at with him. I didnt think we could afford to take a big project with our first pick. But to grab an extra pick by trading down, still get the guy you wanted and  gain an opportunity to take a chance on a nice developmental player at a very important position......thats a savvy move by Ballard.

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

Seems like a reason he fell - he has chronic knee tendonitis.

Yeah i'm not as high on this pick as most. Either the Colts are not as concerned about his medicals or they just liked him too much to pass in round 3. I thought especially after picking up the additional round 3 pick tonight we might see a CB or S as it seemed like a good spot to take one in this draft. 

Hopefully Raimann works out for the Colts but the best ability is availability. 

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

Seems like a reason he fell - he has chronic knee tendonitis.

And his arms are shorter than 33 inches.  SEA took Abraham Lucas at 72.  Wonder if Ballard would have taken Lucas at 73 then Woods at 77. 

Oh well, this is a nice draft so far.

6 minutes ago, aReggie7 said:

Yeah i'm not as high on this pick as most. Either the Colts are not as concerned about his medicals or they just liked him too much to pass in round 3. I thought especially after picking up the additional round 3 pick tonight we might see a CB or S as it seemed like a good spot to take one in this draft. 

Hopefully Raimann works out for the Colts but the best ability is availability. 

See above

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

If you think about it in a different way - our pick was used to take AJ Brown away from the division and the Titans. That's a sort of a win... :dunno:

okay, since you put it this way it sounds way better honestly lmao

Just now, DougDew said:

And his arms are shorter than 33 inches.  SEA took Abraham Lucas at 72.  Wonder if Ballard would have taken Lucas at 73 then Woods at 77. 

Oh well, this is a nice draft so far.

Yeah, I wonder about that too... but Raimann has been projected higher by pretty much everybody(and significantly higher ... like a round or two higher). Injury concerns aside... 

Raimann from what I hear has been an amazing learner and has improved not just from season to season, but game to game. His coach in college said about him he's the best player he's ever coached when it comes to learning and putting to practice new things he's learning as quickly as possible. 

Lucas was also a RT in college so that might have been an additional level of a transition to the league if he's to be our LT of the future. 

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah, I wonder about that too... but Raimann has been projected higher by pretty much everybody(and significantly higher ... like a round or two higher). Injury concerns aside... 

Raimann from what I hear has been an amazing learner and has improved not just from season to season, but game to game. His coach in college said about him he's the best player he's ever coached when it comes to learning and putting to practice new things he's learning as quickly as possible. 

Lucas was also a RT in college so that might have been an additional level of a transition to the league if he's to be our LT of the future. 

Yes.  NFL.com projects him as a long term LT after he develops a little more...converted from TE to LT very quickly.  And Lucas was projected as RT by NFL.com...but...he has an almost equal RAS score as Raimann with 34 inch arms so maybe could be a LT.

By most write ups, Raimann is the better prospect.

SEA took Charles Cross in round 1, so a second tackle was maybe unexpected.  They got a LT and a RT through three rounds, so good for them.

We could still draft that Van Demark kid later.  He's got the proper measurables and is still athletic.

Archived