Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season tickets available

grmasterb

Wow just wow! Just shows how many season ticket holders were fans of Manning and winning. It would have been far worse had Irsay released Manning before the renewal date.

The bad is economy is one thing but even in a bad economy there was still a long waiting list. Fans don't want to renew to watch a rebuilding project. I wonder how many of the 13% non-renewal were businesses and corporations pulling out.

If Luck pans out then fans will be lining up again to buy season tickets. I wish I hadn't forgotten to send in my seat relocation request.

Just shows how many season ticket holders were fans of Manning and winning.

IMO, it shows how many of the seats were under the control of ticket brokers, who dont see as much potential to turn a big profit and have decided to not renew. I also think the Colts themselves were directly in that business as well.

IMO, it shows how many of the seats were under the control of ticket brokers, who dont see as much potential to turn a big profit and have decided to not renew. I also think the Colts themselves were directly in that business as well.

that's right. even regular joe's knew they could sell off a few games to cover the cost. not so in the immediate future. still i don't foresee blackouts. 4000 seats a week to sell isn't much, even if there are no new season ticket buyers between now & the kickoff

I think you hit the nail on the head there and it's a good thing as long as Colts fans grab those seats.

To say we have phony fans because they didn't renew their tickets I think is crap. Football is entertainment and if the Owner doesn't put an entertaining product on the field why should people pay that much? The economy, loss of Peyton, crappy team last year, and resurgence of Pacer/Indiana College basketball all point to valid reasons not to renew. The Colts aren't the only entertainment in town so they better field a winning team or they will have a lot of empty seats. I don't think this will last because I think those curious about Luck and the new team will bring fans. If we can win some games and show improvement we will keep selling tickets. That said if we turn into the Colts of the 80s and early 90s there will be a lot of tarps in LOS.

How would you go about trying to get those tickets? Would you go ahead and join the waiting list, even if it seems they've already gone through it by now?

You should probably get on the list now if you want season tickets. I'm sure they may the announcement so the list would fill back up.

I would if I had the money to buy them. You don't have to physically be at the games to be a die hard fan. Some of us aren't as lucky as you to be able to afford the tickets I guess. Does being poor make my comments any less valid?

I am sorry for your circumstances but it is 1) too easy to say that you would go if you could and 2) pretty freaking funny to rip the fanbase when you yourself are not spending the coin either.

This is my second year as a season ticket holder. What a disappointing end to my ride on the waiting list!! I renewed this year....only reluctantly. Not because of a possible bad season, but because the price of tickets is high. I made my kids split the cost with me this year. Hopefully, they'll appreciate the game even more when paying themselves. I'm excited to be on the ground floor of the Colts rise from the ashes.

Go Colts!!

Mike

I am sorry for your circumstances but it is 1) too easy to say that you would go if you could and 2) pretty freaking funny to rip the fanbase when you yourself are not spending the coin either.

1. I go to at least 2 games a year, so I do spend as much money as I can justify on the team.

2. I'm not just talking about the Colts. I said Indiana fairweather fans, not attacking the Colts fan base at all. I am speaking out against the fairweather fans that bail on a team when they are not winning. i.e, all of the Butler fans that came out of the woodwork when they made the final four. Where have all the IU fans been when they were at the bottom of the Big Ten?

I am simply saying that these fans show their true colors in tough times. Why would I attack the fans that I consider myself a part of? Maybe I just picked the wrong thread to do this. Apologies!

Wife and I are going to try for season tix this year... Just don't know if I wanna spend the money to sit up in the nose bleeds.... Might do that ticket exchange thingy... but then you have to buy both the seat rights and the tickets from the current owner... like paying twice!

decisions decisions!

I would if I had the money to buy them. You don't have to physically be at the games to be a die hard fan. Some of us aren't as lucky as you to be able to afford the tickets I guess. Does being poor make my comments any less valid?

You are the one calling Indiana fans fair weather.. How can you do that if you arent a season ticket holder?

I was told I was a fool on here by a lot of you who said you would have to wait forever to get season tickets .Looks like I was right.Tickets are too pricey for this market for anything less than a playoff caliber squad.It was that way in the 90's and will be again.Loved all the qoutes of these 9000 and 12000 waiting list you all were throwing at me too prove your points.

You are the one calling Indiana fans fair weather.. How can you do that if you arent a season ticket holder?

I didn't know I had to be a season ticket holder to a) be a fan and b) have an opinion. I have supported the team Colts through highs and lows as many people (especially in Indiana) do not, thus I am not a fairweather fan.

Fair Weather Fan Definition

A fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well. During hard times they usually bandwagon other teams. They basically have no real loyalty to the team, but still manage to get better seats than you at the game. Strangely they mysteriously vanish at the first sign of trouble.

This will be my last statement im my defense in this thread! People are upset and I get it, but that is my opinion and how I feel. Hooray for the fans who will stick with the Colts/IU/Butler/Purdue through the tough years. To the fairweather fans: We'll see you when the Colts eventually get back to the playoffs.

This is my second year as a season ticket holder. What a disappointing end to my ride on the waiting list!! I renewed this year....only reluctantly. Not because of a possible bad season, but because the price of tickets is high. I made my kids split the cost with me this year. Hopefully, they'll appreciate the game even more when paying themselves. I'm excited to be on the ground floor of the Colts rise from the ashes.

Go Colts!!

Mike From the greatest third basemans ever's mouth to our years.

I didn't know I had to be a season ticket holder to a) be a fan and b) have an opinion. I have supported the team Colts through highs and lows as many people (especially in Indiana) do not, thus I am not a fairweather fan.

A fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well. During hard times they usually bandwagon other teams. They basically have no real loyalty to the team, but still manage to get better seats than you at the game. Strangely they mysteriously vanish at the first sign of trouble.

This will be my last statement im my defense in this thread! People are upset and I get it, but that is my opinion and how I feel. Hooray for the fans who will stick with the Colts/IU/Butler/Purdue through the tough years. To the fairweather fans: We'll see you when the Colts eventually get back to the playoffs.

I didnt say you had to be a season ticket holder to be a fan. But you said ppl who arent renewing their season tickets are fairweather.

Wife and I are going to try for season tix this year... Just don't know if I wanna spend the money to sit up in the nose bleeds.... Might do that ticket exchange thingy... but then you have to buy both the seat rights and the tickets from the current owner... like paying twice!

decisions decisions!

I looked at that and you might as well wait on the waiting list.People are asking a grand or even more for OK seats in the upper deck.THat's just for the rights to purchase the real thing.Got a feeling that isn't going to be real successful.The team was going to get a lot of that,not now.

you don't but a lot of these people think they somehow matter more because they are ticket holders.I am one too.But you are nothing but a paying customer to them,that is all.They will get what they can from you and if you can't afford it will move on to the next person.You are a faceless fan giving them business,nothing more and nothing less.

no it doesn't.A lot of people hate going to games and fighting traffic,paying all that money,etc.With HD now it's hard to argue with them.I still love the experience however,but I see why some don't see it like me.

no it doesn't.A lot of people hate going to games and fighting traffic,paying all that money,etc.With HD now it's hard to argue with them.I still love the experience however,but I see why some don't see it like me.

I don't consider myself a fairweather fan. Just one that is fiscally conscience. I think that it is very fiscally pruedent to evaluate the opportunity cost of continuing to go to Colts games. It isn't they don't like the Colts anymore it is simply what will give you the most joy. What other opportunities are you forgoing by continuing to go to the games. When we were successful the enjoyment was very high and the entertainment value was well worth the money for most. However, put a subpar product on the field and suddenly those tickets value aren't as high. Sure lots still value them and I don't blame them but for someone like me I am passing on IU basketball, Pacer ball, taking my wife to a Cardinals game or Louisville game. Fact is we don't love the Colts less but those other endevours become more attractive than watching an avg to below avg talented pro football team...especially when we can see every game in glorious HD/surround sound on our 60" TV. Sure we have lost some Peyton fans but most still root for both. It is just a fact of life that people aren't going to pay lots of money for a poor product for long. If we don't right the ship we will be just like we was in the late 80s. It is just usually poor taste to question peoples fandom. So many reasons why people don't go or root for a team. To say one is a better fan is pointless. We should all appreciate every single fan...young and old..rich or poor..or crazy or simply casual. They only make the franchise stronger.

Man, the fairweather fans of Indiana strike again.

I dont think you have anywhere to stand calling someone a fairweather fan. If anything you should be thanking your so called fairweather fans for the last 12 years because of them you could watch the Colts on TV.

Don't make comments like that and not expect fallout. A season ticket holder might not be more of a fan than you but they have invested finacially into your team so that everyone can experience being a part of your team and then you want to slam them. Then you say that you yourself can't afford to go to games, well maybe some of those that elected to not renew are in the same boat as you. Maybe they didn't want to invest there hard earned money anymore because things were tight finacially. Think before you call people out on something you know nothing about.

Here's what I think my friends, I for one have been a season ticket holder for 18 plus years. I have missed 3 home games in 18 years, two of those came last year. I came very close to not renewing this year but I did. I have the money to go but I have sat through more * and up and down seasons than most. I chose to renew because I am still a fan of the team but I also wanted to try to upgrade my seat location one more time.

I came very close to not renewing because I have had enough of Mr. Irsay's * and his management choices over the years and espeically the handling of the Manning drama. I think he could have saved face with a lot of STH's if he would have not held us hostage with the STH renewal date, four days before the Manning official release. To me that was a slap in the face to every paying customer who has been there for 12 plus season's. I applaud the people who chose to not renew. I for one will probable give my tickets up next year because I can pay $350 and watch every NFL game from home and save $1000's of dollars in consession, dining out and parking expenses. That makes so much more sense if you think about it.

We live in tough economic times right now and people have to tighten the budget. Ever rising fuel costs are effecting everyone in some way or the other. For those who couldn't get tickets and wanted them, now's your opportunity. People around here are pretty smart though, when you do them wrong and make deceisions they don't like they will not support you. Look at the Pacers, you can't fill that place and they are having one the there better season's in some time. People are staying home more and when you get rid of players they love watching and supporting they remember with there wallets and choose to spend elsewhere.

The Colts will sell out seats again but it will not happen as fast as some may think. I believe you have a decade or two of smart fans that felt very wronged by Irsay's deceision's this past March. Those same fans are the one's that bought the majority of the tickets and sold out the stadium for 12 straight years. Now the fans that are so fast to call everyone fairweather fans, Manning Fanboys and bandwagon jumpers, it's your turn to step up and buy your tickets and put your wallet where your mouth is. I think you can tell by the 4000 season tickets available, that the Colts are short of selling out, speaks volumes.

Here's what I think my friends, I for one have been a season ticket holder for 18 plus years. I have missed 3 home games in 18 years, two of those came last year. I came very close to not renewing this year but I did. I have the money to go but I have sat through more * and up and down seasons than most. I chose to renew because I am still a fan of the team but I also wanted to try to upgrade my seat location one more time.

I came very close to not renewing because I have had enough of Mr. Irsay's * and his management choices over the years and espeically the handling of the Manning drama. I think he could have saved face with a lot of STH's if he would have not held us hostage with the STH renewal date, four days before the Manning official release. To me that was a slap in the face to every paying customer who has been there for 12 plus season's. I applaud the people who chose to not renew. I for one will probable give my tickets up next year because I can pay $350 and watch every NFL game from home and save $1000's of dollars in consession, dining out and parking expenses. That makes so much more sense if you think about it.

We live in tough economic times right now and people have to tighten the budget. Ever rising fuel costs are effecting everyone in some way or the other. For those who couldn't get tickets and wanted them, now's your opportunity. People around here are pretty smart though, when you do them wrong and make deceisions they don't like they will not support you. Look at the Pacers, you can't fill that place and they are having one the there better season's in some time. People are staying home more and when you get rid of players they love watching and supporting they remember with there wallets and choose to spend elsewhere.

The Colts will sell out seats again but it will not happen as fast as some may think. I believe you have a decade or two of smart fans that felt very wronged by Irsay's deceision's this past March. Those same fans are the one's that bought the majority of the tickets and sold out the stadium for 12 straight years. Now the fans that are so fast to call everyone fairweather fans, Manning Fanboys and bandwagon jumpers, it's your turn to step up and buy your tickets and put your wallet where your mouth is. I think you can tell by the 4000 season tickets available, that the Colts are short of selling out, speaks volumes.

I completely understand from a financial standpoint. I have a difficult time understanding from a fan standpoint, but, then again, I was never a Peyton fan first.

I'm a Colts fan first, and if I were to buy STs, I wouldn't be giving them up because my favorite player is no longer there.

Whether the March decision was a bad one will be noted this coming season, and those to follow. Yes, it could have been handled better, but I'm not referring to the decision in March. I'm referring to what led up to the announcement in Jan & Feb.

I've always been against Irsay's Twitter account. Not that I care if he has one, or uses it. I've always held out concern over HOW he uses it. For me, those concerns played out during this decision.

Note: this is not a judgement on your decision to give them up after this year. This is just my 2 cents, which is pretty much how much I'd have to put towards STs at the moment.

I guess when you're there, you can make that decision. When you're not, you wish you could.