Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rob Windsor Retires

Caleb3502

The combination of Taylor Stallworth signing with the Chiefs and Rob Windsor retiring actually hurts our depth quite a bit. Now we only have Chris Williams and RJ McIntosh behind Buckner and Stewart. I'm guessing we either sign another DT or draft one now.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The combination of Taylor Stallworth signing with the Chiefs and Rob Windsor retiring actually hurts our depth quite a bit. Now we only have Chris Williams and RJ McIntosh behind Buckner and Stewart. I'm guessing we either sign another DT or draft one now.

I think Lewis and Dayo are their backups.  Maybe they get a bigger Grover type somewhere for depth but the DL looks pretty darn good to me.  There will also be late offseason options. I personally wouldn’t spend a draft pick unless it’s BPA. 

8 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

He's never heard of you either. Show some empathy.......I mean he played at Penn State for 4 years plus a redshirt, got drafted into the NFL which is more than most of the commenters on here can say.

Ouch, sorry I struck a nerve. Nobody has ever heard of you either. I can't even joke around anymore without someone getting riled up lmao . I ran the mini marathon in 2 hours (basically came in the top 4000 out of 35000 runners, and once came in 3rd in a Gus Macker Basketball tournament back in the 90's in the pro level league playing against D1 players. 

Bottom line I was joking, Winsdor made the pro's in the NFL, something I never did, sweet - he is better than me.  

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Probably trade back a few times to get more picks and fill our needs with mid to late rounders that cost very little.

9 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Probably trade back a few times to get more picks and fill our needs with mid to late rounders that cost very little.

Honestly, that's probably true. I could see trades in multiple rounds. Seeing how we are short on depth and some starters, we need a bunch of extra picks to fill the gaps. So I agree 100%. We are already without a 1st and we traded our extra 3rd for Matt Ryan, so we'll probably try and attempt to trade down to have 10 overall picks or so IMO.

12 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

happens to "potential star" running backs all the time.

heck I got injured every time I played backyard football when I was a kid 

I still have migraines from my concussion playing high school football. That was almost 20 years ago at this point… 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ouch, sorry I struck a nerve. Nobody has ever heard of you either. I can't even joke around anymore without someone getting riled up lmao . I ran the mini marathon in 2 hours (basically came in the top 4000 out of 35000 runners, and once came in 3rd in a Gus Macker Basketball tournament back in the 90's in the pro level league playing against D1 players. 

Bottom line I was joking, Winsdor made the pro's in the NFL, something I never did, sweet - he is better than me.  

Where is my LIKES, I said the dude is better than me haha . Geez, some in here crack me up. Peacock gets 3 LIKES because I make a joke. In all honesty he had a lousy career with us, I guess some in here would be mad at me if I said Trent Richardson should be saluted. This Site is getting weird lately. Than again Trent doesn't know who I am either but he stunk up the joint season 3 laughing GIF

14 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

At this rate, I’m not sure what position group isn’t in need of depth. 

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

At least the guy got to play in the league for a brief stint. Great accomplishment.

Sucks to end this soon for him.

Yeah just to play in the Pro's you or I can only dream of. I give him credit, he made it to the Big's. Like I said I was just joking around earlier until Scott opened his trapped up, by the way I think Scott is one of the best posters in here but I guess he doesn't get sarcasm. Many don't in here. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All these haters probably just jealous of your Gus Macker accomplishments 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

dude you need to relax, over the past while i've seen your posts become more and more absurd. nothing is funny here, and your " meme" isn't funny either.  Any avid colts fan knows who windsor is, even if he hasn't had much impact. 

also, just to clarify, no one cares about you finishing in the top 4,000 people of a mini-marathon. 

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah just to play in the Pro's you or I can only dream of. I give him credit, he made it to the Big's. Like I said I was just joking around earlier until Scott opened his trapped up, by the way I think Scott is one of the best posters in here but I guess he doesn't get sarcasm. Many don't in here. 

No dig at you at all, I was just giving the guy some credit for doing something like you said we 'can only dream of'...

You're a vet poster here, folks should know you're joking and are Colts to the core.

55 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I doubt it and see I get sarcasm like you are doing, wasn't trying to brag. People should learn how to get it The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Sarcasm for sure, but not hating or talking trash. I read this forum a lot, but never post. It’s turned into non stop bickering and way less useful content than it was. I was just trying to lighten the mood. But growing up in Indy, I used to play Gus Macker and that’s actually a solid accomplishment! Also, I live on the west coast and get no colts info on any level, and looking for other websites or podcasts to get my fix. Any recommendations?

47 minutes ago, AZColtsAmbassador said:

Sarcasm for sure, but not hating or talking trash. I read this forum a lot, but never post. It’s turned into non stop bickering and way less useful content than it was. I was just trying to lighten the mood. But growing up in Indy, I used to play Gus Macker and that’s actually a solid accomplishment! Also, I live on the west coast and get no colts info on any level, and looking for other websites or podcasts to get my fix. Any recommendations?

Nah it's cool, I played in many of them back in the 90's and had a team where I had two 6'7 guys playing with me lol to get the that 1 3rd place finish, it was in Cincy where it was unreal comp. I could shoot but they did all the rebounding, I needed that playing against giants. This is a good site, it is the time of year in here where people get whacky. 

1 hour ago, IinD said:

No dig at you at all, I was just giving the guy some credit for doing something like you said we 'can only dream of'...

You're a vet poster here, folks should know you're joking and are Colts to the core.

Yeah I was actually joking around and Scott came out of nowhere and I like Scott.

Really leaves a big void behind Buckner and Stewart...

In FA we might consider adding Larry Ogunjobi (Bengals) or Morgan Fox (Panthers)

For the draft that would mean using our second round pick on someone like Travis Jones (Uconn) or Logan Hall (Houston).  Round 3 Perrion Winfrey and his long 35.38" arms stands out with Tennessee's Matthew Butler a good target.  Rounds 4-5 range am warming up to Otito Ogbonnia (UCLA) as a backup option with potential.  To finish off the draft Jayden Peevy (Texas A&M) and Jordan Jackson (Air Force) look like viable options to add depth.  The rest of the IDL draft class am not impressed with, Garrett (OSU) has small arms and not big on McCall from Kentucky to name a few.

I’m sorry Windsor never panned out.   When we drafted him, I checked his profile and he had my favorite quality in a DL — any DL. 

A motor that ran red hot all the time.  Love that in a DL.  

And in his 4-years at Penn State, he bounced back and forth between the DT and the NT and his weight would yo-yo up and down.  I had hoped he’d be used in one spot and settle in.   But football can be brutal and he was always getting injured.  Good for him that he decided early to get out of the game.  

Wish him a long, happy, healthy life!     :thmup:

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Where is my LIKES, I said the dude is better than me haha . Geez, some in here crack me up. Peacock gets 3 LIKES because I make a joke. In all honesty he had a lousy career with us, I guess some in here would be mad at me if I said Trent Richardson should be saluted. This Site is getting weird lately. Than again Trent doesn't know who I am either but he stunk up the joint season 3 laughing GIF

I disagree with you on a lot of football stuff but they’s a lotta Fracises here need to lighten up.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m sorry Windsor never panned out.   When we drafted him, I checked his profile and he had my favorite quality in a DL — any DL. 

A motor that ran red hot all the time.  Love that in a DL.  

And in his 4-years at Penn State, he bounced back and forth between the DT and the NT and his weight would yo-yo up and down.  I had hoped he’d be used in one spot and settle in.   But football can be brutal and he was always getting injured.  Good for him that he decided early to get out of the game.  

Wish him a long, happy, healthy life!     :thmup:

Yeah I mean he made the pro's, so he made it to the big time. I am basically a nobody because I have never played pro sports but neither has most of the media or anyone in here for that matter. We all can joke around and have our opinions on players. If I said Kwame Brown sucked I would be right but he made the pro's lmao . I know he made Kobe mad about every night haha 

On 4/7/2022 at 4:21 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't see the special sarcasm font.....sorry! LOL The main point still stands which you have agreed with later on - he made it farther than us so I respect that, even if he failed to make an impact with our Colts. I wish him well with his physical recovery and hope he can use his education to land a good career in the non-football world!

9 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I didn't see the special sarcasm font.....sorry! LOL The main point still stands which you have agreed with later on - he made it farther than us so I respect that, even if he failed to make an impact with our Colts. I wish him well with his physical recovery and hope he can use his education to land a good career in the non-football world!

No biggie Scott. I was probably a little tough on you the more I thought about it after what I posted towards you. You add a lot to the site. I have been here for so long sometimes I just assume people know when I am joking.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived