Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kwity Paye

JediXMan

48 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

And Dayo was in the backfield multiple times as well...these two are going to give people headaches for years...very good back to back picks.

I’ve never pounded the table as hard as I did for Paye. Then when he got Dayo the next round, I was stunned. But if Dayo can progress well combined with Paye, who I think is gonna have a break out season next year, Buckner in the middle, we could be very fierce on the DL

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’ve never pounded the table as hard as I did for Paye. Then when he got Dayo the next round, I was stunned. But if Dayo can progress well combined with Paye, who I think is gonna have a break out season next year, Buckner in the middle, we could be very fierce on the DL

We def could Dayo with the Achilles was going to be behind Kwity this season as far as impact but they both look like they could be the real deals. I agree Buck in the middle with Stewart what a front 4

I still think we need one more really solid vet or high round rookie(somebody we are really sure about) DE and then possibly consider bringing Turay back one a short 1 year deal to rush situationally. All this to go with Paye and Dayo.

51 minutes ago, krunk said:

I still think we need one more really solid vet or high round rookie(somebody we are really sure about) DE and then possibly consider bringing Turay back one a short 1 year deal to rush situationally. All this to go with Paye and Dayo.

Lewis looked very good before he got hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if Ballard banks on him coming back healthy. I'd like to see us add one more 'sure thing' on the DL, but would rather us address S, CB , WR, TE and maybe LT as well. It'll be interesting to see how Ballard goes about this off-season. 

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Turay such a hard call, cant stay healthy and cant stop the run nor set the edge but when 100% he can get to the QB and make an impact. 

I could see the Colts brining him back if he agrees to back up money and if he’s willing to take a backup roll.  The one I want back is Lewis.

6 minutes ago, bsteves said:

Paye and Dayo both looked really good today. 

Did anyone catch the beginning of the 2nd quarter when Dayo barreled through a double team like a wrecking ball and flat backed one of the guys? He got me all the way pumped up!!

Dayo is has looked like Paye did early in the year this past few weeks.  Starting to be in the backfield.  Hopefully he has the same progression as Paye into next year.

1 hour ago, CurBeatElite said:

Lewis looked very good before he got hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if Ballard banks on him coming back healthy. I'd like to see us add one more 'sure thing' on the DL, but would rather us address S, CB , WR, TE and maybe LT as well. It'll be interesting to see how Ballard goes about this off-season. 

You know what’s awesome? Even though it’s taking longer than everyone hoped Chris Ballard is doing exactly what he wanted too as you just pointed out. He has built the trenches and now it’s time to work on the skill positions.

46 minutes ago, Colts.sb41 said:

You know what’s awesome? Even though it’s taking longer than everyone hoped Chris Ballard is doing exactly what he wanted too as you just pointed out. He has built the trenches and now it’s time to work on the skill positions.

I don't know if I expected Ballard to be any faster. He's rebuilt the entire roster aside from TY and Doyle and totally changed the culture of the team in a fairly short time. And we're definitely capable of beating any other team on any given Sunday. It wasn't an overnight job, but it's been pretty impressive and relatively quick to me, especially considering the dumpster fire grigson left, having to deal with Pagano as head coach for a year, the McDaniels debacle, Luck retiring, etc.

I agree with you about having the trenches pretty much taken care of and now needing to get skill positions. And I find it pretty incredible that Ballard has been so transparent about his plan and the fact that he hasn't strayed from it and it is coming to fruition before our eyes. 

11 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

I don't know if I expected Ballard to be any faster. He's rebuilt the entire roster aside from TY and Doyle and totally changed the culture of the team in a fairly short time. And we're definitely capable of beating any other team on any given Sunday. It wasn't an overnight job, but it's been pretty impressive and relatively quick to me, especially considering the dumpster fire grigson left, having to deal with Pagano as head coach for a year, the McDaniels debacle, Luck retiring, etc.

I agree with you about having the trenches pretty much taken care of and now needing to get skill positions. And I find it pretty incredible that Ballard has been so transparent about his plan and the fact that he hasn't strayed from it and it is coming to fruition before our eyes. 

I couldn’t agree more. Even after todays game I am still really excited for the future because it looks really promising. I know Ballard gets a lot of hate around here but I’m definitely glad he’s our GM

25 minutes ago, Colts.sb41 said:

I couldn’t agree more. Even after todays game I am still really excited for the future because it looks really promising. I know Ballard gets a lot of hate around here but I’m definitely glad he’s our GM

I can't imagine many GMs would be able to handle the same adversity he has faced with such poise and grace without deviating from their plan.

5 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

All I see Kwity do is bull rush. Every play. Im sure this is not true but it looks that way 

I will have to take a closer look at his pass rush moves... but I have noticed he is very fast. And it wouldn't be shocking if a rookie who was raw when drafted is not a well refined pass rusher quite yet. If all he's doing is bullrushing and he's getting the pressures he has been getting, that's pretty impressive. 

22 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

I can't imagine many GMs would be able to handle the same adversity he has faced with such poise and grace without deviating from their plan.

I will have to take a closer look at his pass rush moves... but I have noticed he is very fast. And it wouldn't be shocking if a rookie who was raw when drafted is not a well refined pass rusher quite yet. If all he's doing is bullrushing and he's getting the pressures he has been getting, that's pretty impressive. 

I agree. He’s going to be good 

I hope they will be what we want them to be, but I don't really see that kind of inate burst and athleticism. More a motor don't quit type guy, which is fine, but would be good if one can become that disrupter type rusher.

Right now, imo, Paye is basically a bull rusher. Dayo just sort of accelerates and ends up stuck to his blocker. Hoping for growth and in dayos case, full recovery next year. 

2 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

I think he showed enough for teams to want him back in the league, that injury really sucks for a lot of reasons.  He will be rehabbing while hitting free agency  now too

could turn into a Mack type of deal... 1 year for cheap to see if he can come back healthy and stay healthy 

Archived