Updated weather report for Sunday for Sunday night

Stephen

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Because of rain and wind?

No. Not happening 

I said there was a chance or power outages. Can’t play if that happens. Also says thunderstorms possible. They won’t play in a thunderstorm. We aren’t talking about a little rain or wind. They are calling it a cyclone.  With as much rain as they are expecting field could be unplayable. I assume it will stay covered until game time.

19 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I said there was a chance or power outages. Can’t play if that happens. Also says thunderstorms possible. They won’t play in a thunderstorm. We aren’t talking about a little rain or wind. They are calling it a cyclone.  With as much rain as they are expecting field could be unplayable. I assume it will stay covered until game time.

From what I’ve seen in the past, the only things that stop NFL games weather-wise would be winds that reach the speeds of hurricanes or tornadoes, power outages, lightning, or hail. It would be interesting to see if the NFL has any official rules on the matter...

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

From what I’ve seen in the past, the only things that stop NFL games weather-wise would be winds that reach the speeds of hurricanes or tornadoes, power outages, lightning, or hail. It would be interesting to see if the NFL has any official rules on the matter...

It seems some of the worst may be over by game time as far as the rain. I would think if field  conditions making it dangerous to play could also be a reason. I am not expecting this game to be moved. They don’t do that in the nfl unless it is necessary. But I do think there is a slight chance because it’s going to be really bad.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

It seems some of the worst may be over by game time as far as the rain. I would think if field  conditions making it dangerous to play could also be a reason. I am not expecting this game to be moved. They don’t do that in the nfl unless it is necessary. But I do think there is a slight chance because it’s going to be really bad.

To be quite honest, I think the NFL is giddy about the weather. Tons of people tune in to watch horrible-weather football games because they’re increasingly rare in the dome-era of football and they’re usually wild with tons of turnovers and amazing plays in tough conditions. Add in that it’s a prime time game, and suddenly a SNF matchup between two injury-riddled, mediocre-record teams becomes must-see football.

14 hours ago, chickenMan said:

To be quite honest, I think the NFL is giddy about the weather. Tons of people tune in to watch horrible-weather football games because they’re increasingly rare in the dome-era of football and they’re usually wild with tons of turnovers and amazing plays in tough conditions. Add in that it’s a prime time game, and suddenly a SNF matchup between two injury-riddled, mediocre-record teams becomes must-see football.

Yea like the blizzard games

15 hours ago, SR711 said:

Looks like kicking games are going to nonexistent for both teams if those conditions hold up.

Would definitely anticipate a few turnovers between the two teams as well.

Metrics say to go for it on 4th and 12 from your own 30 when the wind is at 45 knots 

To be honest, In a weird way I’m excited for the possibility of this game becoming a mud bowl. Downpours. An Old school physical line up and pound the rock game. 

Itd be cooler if this wasn’t a must win game but I still think it’ll be exciting to see a game like that.

1 hour ago, IrsaysArmy said:

To be honest, In a weird way I’m excited for the possibility of this game becoming a mud bowl. Downpours. An Old school physical line up and pound the rock game. 

Itd be cooler if this wasn’t a must win game but I still think it’ll be exciting to see a game like that.

Well…as long as we win, yeah.

:)

Archived