Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts secondary vs. Metcalf & Lockett

BProland85

With Rhodes being ruled out of this game, I think we have to have Kenny Moore covering Lockett everywhere he goes, and then for Metcalf I believe we need to double him. That should hopefully take care of their top 2 options in the passing game, and could cause Russ to hold onto the football longer.

42 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

With Rhodes being ruled out of this game, I think we have to have Kenny Moore covering Lockett everywhere he goes, and then for Metcalf I believe we need to double him. That should hopefully take care of their top 2 options in the passing game, and could cause Russ to hold onto the football longer.

I would think a game plan like that would be good.  Take away their best options and force them to beat us with something else - unless we still can't stop these two guys.

CB1 - Out.... (Rhodes)

FS - stiches in hand today (Blackmon)

CB2 - has been the board's punching bag (FYS)

Those three are critical to our C3 (coverage we play the most)

So we got 

SS- Willis

NB - Moore

The problem is, our SS and NB are normally shallow. Lockett and Metcalf are considered two of the best deep ball guys in the league... and we're hurtin' for certain deep.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

CB1 - Out.... (Rhodes)

FS - stiches in hand today (Blackmon)

CB2 - has been the board's punching bag (FYS)

Those three are critical to our C3 (coverage we play the most)

So we got 

SS- Willis

NB - Moore

The problem is, our SS and NB are normally shallow. Lockett and Metcalf are considered two of the best deep ball guys in the league... and we're hurtin' for certain deep.

Pass rush needs to get there

Even when secondary is at full strength we often play soft with our scheme.  So the injuries may not matter much? 

If there's once again a lack of pass rush with soft coverage,  and historically inability to cover TE's & RB's Wilson will control the time of posession. 

Our D may really be on fumes in second half.

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

All I know I made a mistake in starting evans over Lockett smh 

I too started Mike Evans since I consider him the most talented pass catcher in Tampa, and yet he was the 4th option in that Dallas game. Very frustrating to see old guys like Gronk and AB get utilized more than Evans. 

Probably a good idea to trade away Evans once he strings a few good games together so his value goes back up. 

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

If we can't get to Russ, It's gonna be a long day. We need to treat this like going against Watson.

I mean yeah. We’re supposed to have a good defensive line, they are the key to the game. This isn’t a great offensive line and we need to be getting it done up front for sure. 

If we struggle up front it’s going to be a more worrying sight for me than anything that could happen in the secondary. 

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I too started Mike Evans since I consider him the most talented pass catcher in Tampa, and yet he was the 4th option in that Dallas game. Very frustrating to see old guys like Gronk and AB get utilized more than Evans. 

Probably a good idea to trade away Evans once he strings a few good games together so his value goes back up. 

Season 4 Champagne GIF by Living Single

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I picked 9th. I traded my picks in the 9th and 10th round for DJ Moore. The guy who took my picks drafted Brady and Brown. 

Yeah it ain’t working out real well for me already. 

Confused Harry Potter GIF

Archived