Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton Injury (Merge)

CR91

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Dulin not dynamic? He flies on STs as a gunner, and is shifty enough to be a returner? 4.43 speed, and good agility scores.

As a WR, he really didn't get many routes as an actual target last year. From the cut ups I've seen, he was the rub/pick guy or the clear out route (vert). When he did get targets, he was doing X sideline routes. In Friday's game, he had a great catch (another x-sideline route). I'd love to see him get some Z routes (motion) or slot slants. He's too undersized for all that X route stuff.

He's is good as a gunner, but ST is a bit of a different animal than playing a receiver. I don't know... I haven't seen him do enough dynamic things as a WR or with ball in hands to consider him dynamic weapon. Maybe we just haven't seen enough of him as a WR period? 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, stitches said:

He's is good as a gunner, but ST is a bit of a different animal than playing a receiver. I don't know... I haven't seen him do enough dynamic things as a WR or with ball in hands to consider him dynamic weapon. Maybe we just haven't seen enough of him as a WR period? 

Not saying he's a great WR or will be. I do think he has dynamic traits, and has been out of position (X instead of Z or slot) thus far.

On thing is for sure. If TY is out for a duration, and if Patmon's injury isn't short term, Dulin might get some more opportunity lol. I just hope they use him different than in the past.

12 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I hope pascal gets a c on his jersey 

Not to go off topic, but I watched the Pascal Buffalo fumble several times and I think the refs actually made the right call.  The side of his leg/shin is oddly bent and flat to the ground.  Freeze it when the Buffalo defender touches his hand to Pascal's back.  At that moment, it is impossible to tell whether his shin is still touching the ground or not.  No conclusive evidence - you don't overturn it.  The NFL never apologized for it, so apparently they thought it was the right call as well.

5 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

We have really good depth at wr. I'm not too worried.

Yeah me neither it's sad but not like the few weeks of bad news with Kelly, Leonard, Wentz, nelson... Plus we have a 3 headed monster at running back. Just ground and pound it that allow should take pressure off of not having TY

8 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Losing Hilton stings a little but I think he would’ve ended up being our 4th best WR this year. Let not forget last year he was non existent from weeks 1-10.

With that said, hoping he can come back around mid season.

Anything above 50 YPG is fine. It's 800 yards per year, which is WR 2 territory.

And frankly, our expectations should be he'll perform 500-800 in that WR2 range given his age.

He had 50+ in weeks 1, 3. 5, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16.

So yes, better in the last half (5 of 8 vs 3 of 8), but it's also fair to point out that it took Rivers some time to get going.

We also rotated too much for my taste, and over targeted Burton a bunch.

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

With Sam it doesn’t matter. I know sam is hurt but Reich said Eason earned the backup job today. Don’t be surprised if sam doesn’t make the 53.

Don't be surprised if he does make the team and is placed on IR. Also, don't be surprised if they sign another QB for #2 .Depends in who is cut.

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Don't be surprised if he does make the team and is placed on IR. Also, don't be surprised if they sign another QB for #2 .Depends in who is cut.

Reich just named Eason the backup. I doubt we bring in another QB to backup Wentz. We really can’t afford to keep SE on the 53 then IR him with all the other injuries   He will go through waivers with that knee injury.

5 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

This is more serious than just a few games imo. Neck issues are no bueno wouldn't be shocked if he goes on IR.

disc inflammation can be short term, or linger forever. 

i have a buddy who is very active (as in plays softball, b-ball, racquetball), but at least once a year has a few bad days or week due to disc issues. totally one off type stuff. he'll dive for shots on the court and be perfectly fine. then one day he wakes up and can't sit up... stuck in bed for a day or two. docs say surgery "might" help.

29 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich just named Eason the backup. I doubt we bring in another QB to backup Wentz. We really can’t afford to keep SE on the 53 then IR him with all the other injuries   He will go through waivers with that knee injury.

They wont leave sam exposed, someone would scoop him up (Arizona, KC, Denver all weaker at 3 then Sam by quite a bit). They will cut Hundley who will make it through and go to P.S., he will be called up as 3rd QB for first 3 games until Sam is back. If Hundley is claimed which is doubtful they will bring in Nick Mullens,Devlin Hodges,Deshon Kizer for a cup of coffee

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

They wont leave sam exposed, someone would scoop him up (Arizona, KC, Denver all weaker at 3 then Sam by quite a bit). They will cut Hundley who will make it through and go to P.S., he will be called up as 3rd QB for first 3 games until Sam is back. If Hundley is claimed which is doubtful they will bring in Nick Mullens,Devlin Hodges,Deshon Kizer for a cup of coffee

Thanks for being sensible.

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Stampede Blue is saying he will miss significant time with upper back and neck injury.  Maybe he is on the 53 then goes to IR with a designation to return.

What is significant time? I'd have to lean towards PUP if it is anything related to the neck and upper back that needs surgery. Man, all I wanted to come out of pre-season is no major injuries even if it meant no wins. 

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

disc inflammation can be short term, or linger forever. 

i have a buddy who is very active (as in plays softball, b-ball, racquetball), but at least once a year has a few bad days or week due to disc issues. totally one off type stuff. he'll dive for shots on the court and be perfectly fine. then one day he wakes up and can't sit up... stuck in bed for a day or two. docs say surgery "might" help.

That's what makes me so concerned how unpredictable it is. If surgery is needed to fix it so it doesn't linger down that seems like the best bet. Really hope it's not serious but Colts have been down that road before hopefully they learned from that situation.

My L5-S1 disc is completely deteriorated, and now the two above it are starting to go. Even with surgery, there’s no guarantee my back will be fixed. If Hilton has disc issues, that means bone on bone, and it’s incredibly painful. There are days I can barely get out of bed. Hell, I’m 35 and was put on disability for it earlier this month. 

I’d be more than surprised if we see Hilton again. 

30 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

That's what makes me so concerned how unpredictable it is. If surgery is needed to fix it so it doesn't linger down that seems like the best bet. Really hope it's not serious but Colts have been down that road before hopefully they learned from that situation.

Seems this was a pre-existing condition though. If so, while known, never really impacted things. Could have just been triggered by a super hard or super awkward fall/hit (it was reported he got sandwiched hard, perhaps flipped up)

IDK... We'll likely never know the whole story lol.

The Colts passing game is not really centered around one or two guys. From that standpoint things become a little bit easier to move forward since the passing game doesn't depend on TY to the extent that some offenses depend on one or two play makers.

Having said that I think many are underestimating the loss of TY.

First, the guy is one of the best receivers in franchise history. He has came through in big games, played hurt, and appears to be the type of guy they want in the locker room. He might not be the same player at 32 that he was at 25 but he showed last year and he still has some left in the tank. I think he would have been better this year with Wentz at QB instead of Rivers. I just don't think all of this should be brushed aside.

One of the receivers on the edge of making the team might do so now but i'm not expecting receivers 4-6 to make us dismiss losing TY for any stretch. It's fine to like those guys be optimistic about them but it's highly unlikely they lessen the loss of TY.

Even at 32 TY can still help stretch the field and brings a big play threat more so than the other receivers. Campbell can potentially bring that in a different way. Hopefully this is a year he can stay healthy.

So I don't think TY being injured means the Colts can't win without him but things will be more difficult. Even at 31 that guy can still ball.

Archived