Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton Injury (Merge)

CR91

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The people behind the first tweet have a tendency to run with hearsay

For the most part with stuff like this they are right. When they say the team is interested in so and so that doesn’t mean it’s a done deal. Colts can have interest and it not get done.

I think this increases the chances Eghlinger is put on IR now or cut and put on the practice squad. We can’t have all these players on the 53 then IR. We would have up hope players we cut make it back through waivers.

Ir was also just announced TEvi tore his ACL.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm not that in tune with Colts twitter drama, but I think I'm right on the Wentz thing and I've seen threads with their other misses too. I just am not invested enough in it all to remember specifics. 

Either way - they obviously have a source, who knows stuff... but IMO it's also obvious their source doesn't have all the info and is sometimes wrong. 

I think it's Chloe that follows him, and post stuff from him. 

I do remember listening to his stuff leading up the draft. He called the draft pretty well if I remember correctly, and actually said we'd double dip on DE. He also scooped several signings around that time (Carrie, Rhodes), and was all over the TY situation.

Honestly I'm not sure if he was a fan of Wentz, but I think he said the likelihood was high based on Reich connection.

28 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

IIRC, Spears heavily connected them to some legit FAs and then they made no moves except depth signings.

He got a lot of flack for that, but also I think he was genuinely displeased (as a fan) that nothing came to fruition.

My cousin gets info from a prominent x-Colt. I never ask for information from him, but I gladly accept nuggets (and I never post them when I get them)..... but I know for a fact we kicked a lot of tires this year on several legit guys. Several WRs and DEs, and one LB I really wanted (most of these rumors were reported by a variety of folks). In short, Ballard is doing his job kicking tires, but he's not over paying, so most stuff just doesn't happen. If Spears is getting bagged on for reporting tire kicking, that's pretty silly.

39 minutes ago, krunk said:

Do we even know how banged up Patmon is?

nope

i looked for info earlier this AM

I'm sad to learn of TY's injury. It seems, although not officially released is that it will be a 6-12 week timetable.

Look I'm not trying to say I told you so but everyone that was on here banging the drum to bring TY back, this is why some of us wanted to move on. Past a point when injuries start to consistently bother these players, large or small, you don't throw money at them when that money could be spent on younger or better prime talent regardless of whether they are fan favorites. 

If this turns out to be a long timetable to return, this is another wasted monetary contract towards a player I truly love but one that should have not been brought back.

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I'm sad to learn of TY's injury. It seems, although not officially released is that it will be a 6-12 week timetable.

Look I'm not trying to say I told you so but everyone that was on here banging the drum to bring TY back, this is why some of us wanted to move on. Past a point when injuries start to consistently bother these players, large or small, you don't throw money at them when that money could be spent on younger or better prime talent regardless of whether they are fan favorites. 

If this turns out to be a long timetable to return, this is another wasted monetary contract towards a player I truly love but one that should have not been brought back.

Probably worth pointing out that TY has only missed like 10 games in 9 seasons (6 in 2019)... He only missed one last year.

Not sure what this injury is, but I'd hold the told you so till we find out what happened.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Wentz if I remember correctly(I think they reported the Colts don't want anything to do with Wentz or something of the sort). There were others too, but I don't keep a list of their misses, there were threads on twitter with their misses in the past. 

He said the Colts had no interest in Wentz right after McAfee said something similar.  Either they were listening to Pat or perhaps Pat is their source.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

So ForTheColture scooped everyone......

So do we now count him as reliable? He does have a regular podcast IIRC, and is as good or better than guys like Holder and Hicks..... 

Holder is laughable anyways.  I get a kick out of the comments on Twitter and YouTube about his questions during interviews and press conferences.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

As long as Patmon can go week 1 I'm totally fine with

Pittman

Patmon

Strachan

Campbell

Pascal

Dulin

Increase use of Hines in passing game

Like totally ok with it

I feel like with TY's injury, it makes it more likely Harris makes it on the 53. 

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

As long as Patmon can go week 1 I'm totally fine with

Pittman

Patmon

Strachan

Campbell

Pascal

Dulin

Increase use of Hines in passing game

Like totally ok with it

If TY is out, that's bad..... we're very thin at Z. 

It likely means Campbell moves outside to Z (this was likely the long term plan anyway, but gradually).....

And if we move Campbell outside to Z, that likely means we'll be playing mostly big/bully slot (Pascal) and very little speed/traditional slot.

Wonder if this pushes Reich into going 2x bigs on the outside. We just haven't done that much if at all in the past years.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Probably worth pointing out that TY has only missed like 10 games in 9 seasons (6 in 2019)... He only missed one last year.

Not sure what this injury is, but I'd hold the told you so till we find out what happened.

I'm not really trying to use the "I told you so" in this case even though it comes across like that. Not intentionally driven that way. Speaking for myself I wanted the Colts to go in a different direction fearing that this might happen or the production wouldn't warrant the contract and here we are again. I don't care what the injury turns out to be nor how it occurred, sometimes it's life just showing you what it is, the how and why it happened isn't relevant past the additional details in a story. 

3 minutes ago, Pat Curtis said:

Holder is laughable anyways.  I get a kick out of the comments on Twitter and YouTube about his questions during interviews and press conferences.

Yup. Not really a fan of Holder. Not a big fan of Hicks either, but he's better than Holder.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I feel like with TY's injury, it makes it more likely Harris gets in the 53. 

That's what I was thinking. If TY is gone, we need another speed/motion guy. If they move Campbell outside, they'll still need to keep either Harris, or maybe Vaughns. Dulin IMO should be a Z/slot guy, but they've used him more like Pascal.

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I'm not really trying to use the "I told you so" in this case even though it comes across like that. Not intentionally driven that way. Speaking for myself I wanted the Colts to go in a different direction fearing that this might happen or the production wouldn't warrant the contract and here we are again. I don't care what the injury turns out to be nor how it occurred, sometimes it's life just showing you what it is, the how and why it happened isn't relevant past the additional details in a story. 

If it's from the practice incident, sounds like he came down hard/awkward after getting sandwiched in double coverage. 

Probably a stinger or something similar. And if that's the case, it's not really and age thing. It's a getting flipped upside down thing lol. 

But who knows. We'll find out more later I guess. But injuries happen to all ages. Campbell is just a babe, and he's been out more than grandpa TY.

16 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Are you just making a time lime up before colts say anything.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. Not really a fan of Holder. Not a big fan of Hicks either, but he's better than Holder.

That's what I was thinking. If TY is gone, we need another speed/motion guy. If they move Campbell outside, they'll still need to keep either Harris, or maybe Vaughns. Dulin IMO should be a Z/slot guy, but they've used him more like Pascal.

Dulin doesn't seem dynamic enough. I wonder if Patmon's injury is serious.... it might clear up the battle for the WR spots significantly if his injury is serious enough. We might just HAVE to get both Dulin and Harris on the roster. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

If TY is out, that's bad..... we're very thin at Z. 

It likely means Campbell moves outside to Z (this was likely the long term plan anyway, but gradually).....

And if we move Campbell outside to Z, that likely means we'll be playing mostly big/bully slot (Pascal) and very little speed/traditional slot.

Wonder if this pushes Reich into going 2x bigs on the outside. We just haven't done that much if at all in the past years.

I'm comfortable with the big bodies and the size. I will take the 3 big bodies along with a sprinkling in of fast guys between Dulin, Hines, and Campbell. In my view its almost impossible to double 3 big dudes on the field at the same time. Somebody is getting open deep 1 on 1.  To me there's several packages you can build to create size match ups on smaller DBs. Not too worried about the loss of speed from TY too much. We can make it work.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Are you just making a time lime up before colts say anything.

Actually a friend of mine texted me that timeline and I asked him where he got that info but no response yet. It's why a little later in my post I said IF it turned out to be lengthy. So at this point that timeline is only hearsay. Hoping my friend is wrong and I'm wrong in posting it. :goodluck: We will find out soon enough. 

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I'm comfortable with the big bodies and the size. I will take the 3 big bodies along with a sprinkling in of fast guys between Dulin, Hines, and Campbell. In my view its almost impossible to double 3 big dudes on the field at the same time. Somebody is getting open deep 1 on 1.  To me there's several packages you can build to create size match ups on smaller DBs. Not too worried about the loss of speed from TY too much. We can make it work.

Got to agree. I would like to see this. 

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Actually a friend of mine texted me that timeline and I asked him where he got that info but no response yet. It's why a little later in my post I said IF it turned out to be lengthy. So at this point that timeline is only hearsay. Hoping my friend is wrong and I'm wrong in posting it. :goodluck: We will find out soon enough. 

Well if he needs surgery it’s probably true.

Just now, stitches said:

Dulin doesn't seem dynamic enough. I wonder if Patmon's injury is serious.... it might clear up the battle for the WR spots significantly if his injury is serious enough. We might just HAVE to get both Dulin and Harris on the roster. 

Dulin not dynamic? He flies on STs as a gunner, and is shifty enough to be a returner? 4.43 speed, and good agility scores.

As a WR, he really didn't get many routes as an actual target last year. From the cut ups I've seen, he was the rub/pick guy or the clear out route (vert). When he did get targets, he was doing X sideline routes. In Friday's game, he had a great catch (another x-sideline route). I'd love to see him get some Z routes (motion) or slot slants. He's too undersized for all that X route stuff.

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'd love to see multiple bigs, but it's just something we haven't seen from Reich (unless you count Pittman at X and Pascal at slot).

I'd love to see

X Strachan

Slot Pittman

Z Patmon 

lol.... all have good big-man speed

Or throw Campbell in there at Z or slot

I felt like this was going to be Hilton last season anyways. We got young potential WRs already on the roster in Patmon, Strachan and Vaughans. It’s unfortunate though because Wentz and Hilton was starting to find chemistry with each other :(.

Archived